SSBA
April 28, 2024, 02:12:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with the draft  (Read 7527 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:16:45 AM »

Alright, well I was looking at the computer recommended draft, and it generates the same players (minus jeremetrius dean, who twan created).

Twan did edit a handful of players (basically the top 5 picks, all edited before he originally posted the draft except for rupp, whom we all know about).  So we have 2 options.  Either for me to re-edit those 5 players, then process the draft picks and trades already done up until that point.  Or to let it all go and begin the draft over.

Personally, I'd rather re-process all the trades and picks, I'd hate to lose all those moves.  And it wouldn't take that much time (not much at all).

Voting ends Wednesday, January 26th at 5 pm EST.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 12:12:55 PM »

If we start the draft over again that mean i will pick last becuase somehow i have the best record.  I want my 7'4 Giant center. Laughing

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 12:18:57 PM »

If the season was re-simmed, won't people have different draft picks? If this is the case I say do-over.

However, if I've got it wrong and the season wasn't re-simmed and we all have the same picks, then just repeat the original draft selections

... I'm confussed Shocked
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »

You're confused.

According to the results here, we're starting from the end of the 2006 season, not re-doing the 2006 season.

I am going to be "re-simming" the 2006 season, but this is just going to be done to get the rosters to their current positions.   It's not the official results, those were the ones from the season twan simmed.

What I will do, if we decide to use the prior draft results, is simply swap picks to get the draft order in the correct position.

For example, if the hawks end up with the 11th pick, when they had the 7th pick before, I'll simply make a trade between these two teams to get them where they should be, and do this until the draft order works.  I'll do this tonight so people can see it will work, then we'll have it done if that choice is made.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »

I am also confused, does this mean that I am the SSBA champ, or are the Nets?

If the Nets are the champ, and get the same pick as they did last year, this is unfair. Wins do matter, because wins give you a boost in win rating, which raised your ability to sign free agents... I would be very disappointed if I got a lesser win rating and still got the last pick in the draft. If you can edit the win rating, then I would have less of a problem with the reprocessing the draft and trades (even though I still wouldn't get credit as champ.)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 06:01:04 PM »

If that's that big of a worry, then we'd have to re-sim the entire year, sim by sim.  It wouldn't be fair to run it based on one set of DC's.

It's impossible to edit the win rating.  Even if it was possible, it's impossible to know what last years effect was, because it's a culmination of the prior years as well.

*also, I have to re-do that "year long sim" anyway, since the computer dropped some players and left long standing cap dead weight, hurting teams.    I'm doing it now with complete control by me, ensuring no more unwanted roster changes happen.  So don't get caught up too much in what's up there now.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »

Well, if it's really that big of a deal, you just won the championship in this sim Smile

4 games to 1 over the bulls.

I won 60 games and got bumped in the first round.  go figure.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »

Whoo!  Very Happy
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 07:05:52 PM »

well, I vote to start the draft over anyway, even though I have no stake if I won the championship. I think it's only fair considering the win rating issue.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 07:19:32 PM »

I also voted to start the draft over again. The previous one was just too tarnished.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 07:29:58 PM »

If we start the draft over again which draft order do we use?  Twan's or the current one?

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 08:36:55 PM »

Definitely Twan's. It would be unfair for other teams, like the celts who have gave their 1st rounder to me. That ends up to be a lottery pick. ANd like the pistons who i gave my 1st rounder(3rd pick overall with twans) along with Zach for Mihm..

Anyway, i wish the commish, would implement a better rule in the draft.
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 08:50:49 PM »

i definitely agreeeee
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 08:58:02 PM »

yeah, I noticed that this would be a problem after I put my vote in for starting the draft over. I can't think of a good solution at all. In a case like this, you have to choose the lesser of two evils. It seems to me that if we are going to preserve those trades, there's no way to do this other than to use the draft order we had before.  Confused  This will screw up the win ratings, but it seems like the option that will cause the least friction, IMO.

So I guess I will change my vote to reworking the draft so it is like it was before. I have no opinion about the "created" players, or the suped up stats.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 09:49:11 PM »

The win ratings will be affected no matter what draft order, no?  The win ratings are affected by the wins/losses.  Unfortunately the exact standings can't be replicated, so that will be affected no matter what.  In order to get the draft picks changed, I'm simply going to be trading picks back and forth.  That won't mess up the ratings any more AFAIK.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: