SSBA
April 28, 2024, 04:48:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with the draft  (Read 7528 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 09:50:17 PM »

As for the edited players, I can't see a way NOT to include them as twan edited them (with Rupp going to the spurs, not the sixers).  I don't think it's a big problem, as long as the Spurs get the choice.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 10:01:42 PM »

I'm starting to think more thought should be going into starting the League over with updated current NBA rosters.

And no, that doesn't help my team at all. I go from 50-32 to 17-24 just like that. Smile

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 10:19:51 PM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM
I'm starting to think more thought should be going into starting the League over with updated current NBA rosters.

And no, that doesn't help my team at all. I go from 50-32 to 17-24 just like that. Smile

I think we already voted on that one. I'm not for that at all.
The only way I would be for it is if we ran some sort of lotto to pick the teams; randomize it.
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 11:05:48 PM »

Quote from: WarriorsGM
Quote from: RaptorsGM

I think we already voted on that one. I'm not for that at all.
The only way I would be for it is if we ran some sort of lotto to pick the teams; randomize it.

i think that qould be pretty hott...rather than throwing ouselves for the top teams, we should have teams randomly given to us...and by doing this it would help/show our GM skills.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 12:05:54 AM »

Well, now we have a little issue.

As you know, we never did get the save file from twan.  So what we were going to do is re-process all the trades, sim the season, re-enter in the contracts for free agents, then re-enter in the draft.

Well, we hit a snag.  The only thing for me to base the contracts received in the resigning period was what was up on the site.  I say was because when I went to upload the updated end of 2006 site (the one located at ssba.phillyarena.net/end2006) I accidentally overwrote the regular site (ssba.phillyarena.net).  Long story short, we don't have the contracts agreed to at the end of the season.

Now, ideal conditions are that we would simply run the free agent re-signing period over again.  Nice and dandy, might take some time but still should get back to where we were, right?  Well, not exactly.  Not all free agents that had offered contracts have this time.  One example I can think of is Darko Milicic.  Signed to a max extension.  He's not letting you negotiate now, wanting to test the free agent market.  Now, him specifically isn't a problem.  I know the contract he got.  But how many others are there?  Does everyone remember what contracts their players got?

It would be easier if twan had done like jemagee did, post who was signed and for what amount.  But he didn't.  There's no documentation of what signings took place, except what was on the now lost page.

If everybody remembers what free agents they re-signed at the end of the season, we could theoretically re-do this (and the inactive teams would just go with who the computer would re-sign?).  But I'm beginning to think, without getting that save file from twan, there's not going to be a whole lot that we can do to get this league exactly where it was before he got caught cheating.

It might be best to either start the league over from day 1 of 2006 or to start from the nba season.  I'm not even sure how many teams we have left.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 08:43:24 AM »

Asking every GM to post their FA's signed contract would not be a good option, because I can only see a handful of GMs active on this league. It would be worse and slower than how we did our draft.

How bout this? We respect our FAs decision, whether they resign or not. Like darko, raps still got the bird rights. So whatever happens, he still got the edge to resign Darko.

We could either do this or waste the time we invested on this league.. Sad

Like what nuggetsGM said.. "It might be best to either start the league over from day 1 of 2006 or to start from the nba season. I'm not even sure how many teams we have left."  Sad but very much true..
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 10:00:11 AM »

with the new problems, I think it may be best to start from the 2005 season, I don't even think we need to randomize teams, I'm in this for the challenge of making a shitty team into a contender, so I would be pleased to have the Hawks again, I don't know how fun it would be to start on top, but I guess there is the challenge of staying on top and anyway the level of active gm's is extremely low so say teams like the Raptors could switch off teams to almost anyone they would like without a big problem....
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 10:07:51 AM »

I think the best option would probably be to allow active gm's to pick teams, first come first serve.  That way people who want to try to stay on top can do so, and people (like Hawks and I) who like to build a crap team into a contender can do so.  The most fun I've ever had in this league was the first year with the nuggets, taking them from 26 wins to the wcf.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 10:16:02 AM »

Quote from: NuggetsGM
I think the best option would probably be to allow active gm's to pick teams, first come first serve.  That way people who want to try to stay on top can do so, and people (like Hawks and I) who like to build a crap team into a contender can do so.  The most fun I've ever had in this league was the first year with the nuggets, taking them from 26 wins to the wcf.

Same for me, the first year when I took the Hawks to the playoffs was fun for me, then to win the championship the next season was also a reward for the time put in during the first season...
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »

If we end up starting from the beginning again, i see no problem with that. at this point, with the cheating that happened under the previous regime(and i dont mean jem) it might be better if we just got a all together fresh start. its kinda not fair to teams like the Warriors or the Raptors, but it order to keep this league afloat we might have to make some sacrifices. this used to be the best league i had ever been in and i beleive that it can be once again. So i stand by what ever decision our new commishes make, and i'll help out in what ever way that i can.

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 02:46:09 PM »

Let's jsut comletely start over and reset the boards, what fun  Laughing
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »

You know, I think the best idea was the league wide lotto.

That would be fun.

But hey, I'm good for everything.

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 05:35:07 PM »

ok, well, whatever I guess. I would prefer a vote on anything though.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 06:15:53 PM »

I wish it hadn't come to this.

MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2005, 06:59:08 PM »

Did any of you guys talk to Twan online, if yes, did you ask him to send the file?

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: