SSBA
April 29, 2024, 12:38:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FBB Longevity  (Read 1496 times)
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:32:05 PM »

I was just wondering, will we eventually 'reset' this league?  On average, we get through 1 season per month.  Say we continue with the same file for one and a half or two more years (which would be around 20 seasons give or take I guess), would we keep on going with the same file?  

I've never been in a league where the only remaining players are FBB created rookies, for those who have, is the balance of talent  roughly the same?    For the record, I don't want to reset the league, I'm just asking because the previous drafts haven't produced too many superstars.  Most of the league's stars are actual players.  Of course I'm not taking into account the fact that the rookies haven't had time to fully develop (the rookie contracts just expired for the Pettit class, most of the Pettits-Mercers-Ferrys won't enter their primes until a year or two) and the fact we now run our drafts through College FBB.

So yeah, I'm basically asking all the sim 'vets' how the transition is when all the actual players retire and we're left with FBB created players

BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 11:32:10 PM »

I agree, we should definitely restart league like in 2016 or something like that, i don't find it interesting too much when all of the real life players won't be here anymore and all of the league will be made of totally unknown (non-existent) players.........maybe we should make some poll later and decide when to restart

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:32:25 PM »

I've never seen a league that's gotten that far.  In fact, honestly, I've never seen a league that's gotten this far.

But I don't plan on starting over unless the file gets corrupted or something.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:36:28 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
I've never seen a league that's gotten this far.  In fact, honestly, I've never seen a league that's gotten this far.

Lol, we got it the first time you said it  Wink

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 11:41:27 PM »

the first this should be a that.

Blazers: If it were up to me, we'd have 100% fictional players right from the getgo.  I seriously doubt we'll restart the league.  Even if the talent level gets drained, talent level is only relative to the people you're playing against.  It will just mean that B+ C- 's will start putting up better stats than they currently do.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: