SSBA
April 28, 2024, 05:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft Preview Discussion  (Read 24470 times)
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 11:56:17 AM »

BTW, this last draft is looking mighty good right now. 2 players who can really lead a team immediately (Keogan, Wells), some players that are nice as 2nd and 3rd options right now (Manning, Houbreg), and a couple players with some real skills and potential (Marion, and the steal of the draft, the Wizard's Paul Maggette)

A couple more sims will tell, but this past class is looking very good.

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 12:03:39 PM »

Well, I disagree with Manning looking good.  He's basically SAR.  I don't think I'd even start him with a C+ defense and C+ rebounding.  As a #2 pick, a tremendous disappointment.

But if a #2 pick goes bad and a Marion or Maggette becomes very good, I'm more than willing to make that tradeoff.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 12:10:14 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Well, I disagree with Manning looking good.  He's basically SAR.  I don't think I'd even start him with a C+ defense and C+ rebounding.  As a #2 pick, a tremendous disappointment.

But if a #2 pick goes bad and a Marion or Maggette becomes very good, I'm more than willing to make that tradeoff.

Offensively, Manning looks great.  I think his percentages will likely start going up next sim.  Your right about being a disappointing 2nd pick, so far, but that was the risk.
Great offense, bad defense, and C potential.  What you see is most likely what you get.
But Maggette looks real nice right now.  With his after TC abilities, he would have been a top 5 pick, imo.

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

Honestly, i dont see anyone as a #1 pick material. The draft is filled with guys with good ratings but low potential or mediocre ratings but good potenial. The draft lacks the ala garet petit or vince keogan material. Its filled with mediocre talents, and thats it. I hope people wont overrate it.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

Sault_town_pimp@hotmail.com Iverson2Korver43
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 12:17:13 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM

Shit, I'm not...  Manning better turn out to be something...  I do get some comfort in seeing that Ferry declined again(just as i predicted)...  Sorry Bucks...  And Tinsley has been nothing short of amazing 18.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 7.0 apg, 1.6 spg and 1.8 TOpg(all as a non-scoring option)...

Who from my roster should I start at PF???  exactly, I have no other choice...
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 12:21:41 PM »

I have fast break college basketball, if you guys/commish agree we can use the college players as draft prospects.  I don't know how their college ratings will translate into pro.  But I think it will have better players since college players declear ealry, along with some HS star.  Also you can see their college/HS numbers on how well they perform so the draft will not be as much of a crapshot.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »

that's something to think about.  I believe I tried the trial version of FBCB.  But ultimately, I don't think it impacts this league tremendously.  I actually like it being a bit of a crapshoot.

And Pistons, of course YOU care if Manning disappoints, I'm just talking about from a league health standpoint.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 12:34:37 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
(Marion, and the steal of the draft, the Wizard's Paul Maggette)

I disagree, I think Dean Drew is the steal of the draft (homer bias).  Granted it could still be a fluke and he could come down to earth very fast over the next few sims, but his numbers were pretty damn surprising.

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 12:45:33 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
Quote from: RaptorsGM

I agree. I'm really liking my future. Imagine, I still have Deng under contract, Yao under contract. Springs, Lovey, Alston too.

Draft a stud with a top pick, and get another very good role player wth a pick around 15-20. Factor about 4.5 mil between those 2 picks. Leaves me with 9.5 mil in cap space, looking at siging probably 2 yon studs with ptential, then still resign Baron/Diddle/Finley.

If I go balls to the wall, I could be a Championship team next year.

Your kidding.  There will be so many teams with cap space next year, the likelihood of signing 2 "young studs" with only 9.5 million is quite low.  Plus free agency is not filled with young players, but older players this year.

Everyone is goning to be after KG and the lke.

I'm talking Griffin, Tanner, Johson, Chandler, Del Negro, Terp, Scahder, Jackson, Mihm, Lavar, Benoit, etc.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 12:52:59 PM »

Aaron Booth SG 8 26.8mpg 13.0ppg 5.0rpg 0.5apg 1.4spg 0.1bpg 1.1 topg .506fg% .667ft% .571-3pt% ...  My homer pick for steal of the draft...  I think it would only be right to have both the Bust and Steal of the draft...   Laughing
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 01:10:19 PM »

Quote from: MavsGM
I have fast break college basketball, if you guys/commish agree we can use the college players as draft prospects.  I don't know how their college ratings will translate into pro.  But I think it will have better players since college players declear ealry, along with some HS star.  Also you can see their college/HS numbers on how well they perform so the draft will not be as much of a crapshot.

I like that idea. How many guys from this league are in that league? It would be cool to synthesize the two leagues if there is a lot of crossover.
Having it be less of a crapshoot would also help the bottom dwelling teams rebuild a little easier.
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 01:17:10 PM »

Would that be something... If we could integrate the college fastbreak program into the SSBA and have each GM have their own college team to run...  Just find another co-commish that would be willing to do the simming and take care of all that other isht...  That would be awesome if we could do something like that...
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »

Quote from: HornetsGM

I like that idea. How many guys from this league are in that league? It would be cool to synthesize the two leagues if there is a lot of crossover.
Having it be less of a crapshoot would also help the bottom dwelling teams rebuild a little easier.

I've been in a league were is College sim was integrated.  It's a great idea, adds more depth to the sim

HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 01:21:25 PM »

i like the idea of taking players from the college basketball program.  It would probably give us a larger variety of names and allow us to see some stats from college which would let us know the players strengths and weaknesses better.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 01:22:19 PM »

Quote from: BullsGM
Quote from: HornetsGM

I've been in a league were is College sim was integrated.  It's a great idea, adds more depth to the sim

And what's the workload on my end like?  lol.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: