SSBA
April 29, 2024, 11:21:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walton - processed  (Read 1653 times)
LakersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

skonester Skonester skonester
View Profile
« on: February 05, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »

Is there any way to fix this NetsGM? You cut luke walton i wanted him back on the roster favoring him over jones, but i think im paying for cutting walton cutting jones and then paying for a new contract of walton.

**Siegel***Laporte***Gaylor****Ford****Ramsay**
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 10:20:21 PM »

Here's the breakdown.

You cut Jumaine Jones.  He was owed. 1.8 million next year.  You also had 0.5 million previously cut (I don't know who, but it was on there as before I cut Jumaine).  So that accounts for your 2.3 million you have cut next year.

Technically, for this year, you are paying for Walton twice.  In reality, this doesn't affect you one iota.  You aren't under the cap, so "wasting" 500k in salary has no bearing.  The change in his bird years doesn't mean anything, as he only would have had 2 after this year to begin with.

Yes, you are going to pay for Walton twice this year.  However, It has absolutely no bearing on your team.  The only way to really fix this would be to go back to the archived save I have, then I'd have to re-input everything from the previous 2 days of sims.

I repeat, it affects you in no way whatsoever.  If it had, I wouldn't have run the trade through, and would have waited until you told me who to cut.  The salary you have in your cut salary comes from Jumaine Jones, Walton's contract was expiring after this year and doesn't show into that.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »

Breakdown of the year 2 cut salary:
Cut Tony Bobbitt: (Year 1: 385,277.  Year 2: 500,000)
http://www.phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167
Cut Jumaine Jones: (Year 1: 1,687,500.  Year 2: 1,875,000)
http://www.phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Total year 2 salary:
500,000 (Bobbitt)
1,875,000 (Jones)
------------

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: