SSBA
April 29, 2024, 12:46:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding "computer recommended"  (Read 2465 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:48:28 AM »

If I decide to use the computer recommendation for the game settings, would this possibly mean that the sim decides on "my best options" for EACH game seperately (as opposed to the "human setting" being active for up to 10 games)?
I know that this might be hard to find out as CPU settings are not visible, but expirienced GMs would probably notice.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:59:20 AM »

I doubt the depth charts, if made computer recommended, would change every game.. probably every sim, but not every game..

GLORY DAYS!
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 11:10:47 AM »

Last year I set my depth charts but let the computer recommend strategy & key players.  Key players seemed to rotate from sim to sim but were consistent for each sim.  I base this on shot attempts.  For example in the first sim shot attempts might be spread between SG, PF, PG in that order.  In the second sim it might go PG, SF, SG.  It does seem to depend on who the computer ranks as your best players but did not remain constant over the first 6 sims in my experience.

As far as focus, press, trap & speed it was too difficult to tell although I suspect that the defaults are normal for each of those categories.  About halfway through the season I started entering trap & press recommendations (often) and the number of steals & opponent turnovers increased.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:17:24 AM »

Nope, computer recommended looks only at your roster, not your opposition.  It never changes after the cpu's initial determination.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 11:24:59 AM »

Quote from: MagicGM
I doubt the depth charts, if made computer recommended, would change every game.. probably every sim, but not every game..

Yeah, that might be a way to check what the PC does. If you take a look at the lineups from the Jazz and Mavs (who both didn't submit a depth chart) you see basically the same 10 men rotation on each team, sometimes rewarding better performers with more PT.

What puzzles me though is that for the Mavs C Araujo started at PF, PF Nowitzki at SF and SF Jackson at SG with PF Humphries backing up at SF. They still won 5 of 7 though. Stack and Jalen Rose didn't play at all.

I'm not experienced to see if the CPU changed pace or press/trap settings which would be most interesting, since it takes the opponents settings into account.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 11:29:30 AM »

Yeah, that might be a way to check what the PC does.

The PC doesn't change the depth charts.  I've played the single player version of the game and have tried.  You select "computer recommended" and it recommends how to set the depth charts.  It doesn't take control of your team.  That's why it's called recommended.

What puzzles me though is that for the Mavs C Araujo started at PF, PF Nowitzki at SF and SF Jackson at SG with PF Humphries backing up at SF. They still won 5 of 7 though. Stack and Jalen Rose didn't play at all.

That's the lineup they've always used.  Damp at C, Araujo at PF, Dirk at SF.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 11:36:48 AM »

Quote from: NetsGM

That's the lineup they've always used.  Damp at C, Araujo at PF, Dirk at SF.

I didn't know and unfortunately couldn't check that. So this lineup is a carryover from last season that you didn't change and not a cpu selection. Now I understand.

But still the question lingers: does the cpu react to your opposition in an individual game or does it just recommend the best options with YOUR lineup (which then might never change for an entire season, unless you alter the lineup)?

So my guess is if you just ride the cpu recommendation you might get ONE lineup with ONE strategy for the entire season (barring injuries of course).

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 01:02:43 PM »

But still the question lingers: does the cpu react to your opposition in an individual game or does it just recommend the best options with YOUR lineup (which then might never change for an entire season, unless you alter the lineup)?

I just answered that above.

Nope, computer recommended looks only at your roster, not your opposition

So my guess is if you just ride the cpu recommendation you might get ONE lineup with ONE strategy for the entire season (barring injuries of course).

Yes.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: