SSBA
March 29, 2024, 02:24:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEAGUE FILE  (Read 25112 times)
KnicksGM
GMs
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »

Can we cut the number of teams down from 29 to 20? That would be better to handle, and I think we can find 20 active GM's for the long haul.

The other 9 teams players would be thrown into the off season draft. This is were it gets good (at tleast in my eyes).

**We cut the draft rds in half (1 rd compared to 2 rds)
The draft consists of only 20 players (4pgs, 4sgs, 4sfs, 4pfs, 4cs) evenly weighted. The players that would be selected for this draft would be done by the Commisher and two Board Members. This would ensure that we would have really SOLID draft classes. Once those players run out, then you select a certain year (ex.1993) and do the same over again. One Yr should contain 2 drafts.***This would also work if we cant cut down the number of teams.***

I am ALL about DRAFTS. I think this is were you define a league. This is were a GM should be the most active.

I have more ideas but it is not easy to put all of them into words. Let me know what you guys think or if you have questions PM or IM me @ acemann04@hotmail.com - I am willing to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Steve

Unfortunately, we can't cut down the teams to 20. Its a program thing.

ok since we cant do that, what about my draft ideas?
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

Can we cut the number of teams down from 29 to 20? That would be better to handle, and I think we can find 20 active GM's for the long haul.

The other 9 teams players would be thrown into the off season draft. This is were it gets good (at tleast in my eyes).

**We cut the draft rds in half (1 rd compared to 2 rds)
The draft consists of only 20 players (4pgs, 4sgs, 4sfs, 4pfs, 4cs) evenly weighted. The players that would be selected for this draft would be done by the Commisher and two Board Members. This would ensure that we would have really SOLID draft classes. Once those players run out, then you select a certain year (ex.1993) and do the same over again. One Yr should contain 2 drafts.***This would also work if we cant cut down the number of teams.***

I am ALL about DRAFTS. I think this is were you define a league. This is were a GM should be the most active.

I have more ideas but it is not easy to put all of them into words. Let me know what you guys think or if you have questions PM or IM me @ acemann04@hotmail.com - I am willing to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Steve

Unfortunately, we can't cut down the teams to 20. Its a program thing.

ok since we cant do that, what about my draft ideas?
I dont think it would make sense, quite honestly. Having a draft class consisting of evenly weighted players won't mean any good for lottery teams. because it would mean the better teams also get good players. Which would make them even better.

Also, its not a realistic option, IMO. I know it sucks to be picking these terrible players on late round picks, but it barely happens in real life.

So is anyone else against the usage of the 1993 NBA Roster? I'll be uploading it soon, just so everyone can see it.

I will give a 2-day period for all existing SSBA GMs to pick teams they prefer [before we recruit]. Shall we experience GMs wanting to fill another GM's team, the latter reserves the right to refuse giving up his team.

I.E. HeatGM will continue to manage the Miami Heat team of '93 by default, but IF MagicGM is interested in taking over the Heat team, HeatGM will have the right to refuse giving up his position.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:46:12 AM by MagicGM » Logged

GLORY DAYS!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »

I appreciate the efforts you are putting in to try and start this back up, but I dont think I will be participating. I just dont see the benefit in running a league for 12 out of 29 teams. I know how hard it is to recruit, some of our RBSL teams have been without a GM for 4 seasons. So I will just focus on running my league. All the best.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 09:55:16 AM »

HeatGM would like to manage heat team 2010-2011...lebron wade and bosh baby Smile

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »

I appreciate the efforts you are putting in to try and start this back up, but I dont think I will be participating. I just dont see the benefit in running a league for 12 out of 29 teams. I know how hard it is to recruit, some of our RBSL teams have been without a GM for 4 seasons. So I will just focus on running my league. All the best.
This is certainly something i am looking at toO. I'm hoping we can fill at least 25 gm positions when we launch ssba.

Before anything else, i will try to garner interests from other rbsl if some gms are interested in managing another team.

If we can gather an impressive amount of gms from there, i'll most certainly give it a go. Their gms there are similar to what we have here. Battle tested and for
the long haul.

GLORY DAYS!
KnicksGM
GMs
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »

I select the Charlotte Hornets of 1993. (as long as LJ and Zo are on it)

thanks
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »

the democratic polling is just not working at this point...the people who run the sims know the time commitment they're willing to take and what they need to do in terms of draft files given circumstances like now when a file is lost....Just go with what you need to go with...and let's get started again. it's hard to get votes for one way or another when there's no sims taking place, people are going to slowly not come back and there will be no league...so do what you need to do, those who stay stay, and we'll find people to take on the other teams.

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 11:01:39 AM »

I'll gladly stick with the 92-93 Jazz

Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 11:06:46 AM »

actually i think i'm done, appreciate the run guys. feel free to delete my account

Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

I'm in the process of testing the waters and see if there is interest to join a sim league, if there is, I'lll bring this thing up.

GLORY DAYS!
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »

any year works for me
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »

So far no interest from guys from RBSL. Does any of you know where else we can acquire possible lasting GMs?

GLORY DAYS!
NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 03:01:27 AM »

guys it was fun but now with less than 10 gms remaining, i am no longer interested in it.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »

guys it was fun but now with less than 10 gms remaining, i am no longer interested in it.
Sadly, it is the case we have to face.

GLORY DAYS!
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »

I agree the ssba has lost its luster and it might be time to end it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: