SSBA
March 28, 2024, 02:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would be the best option?
Restart the League - 3 (27.3%)
Continue as it is - 6 (54.5%)
End the league and move on. - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of the League  (Read 11829 times)
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

The league, as we all know, isn't exactly what it used to be. The days were we'd get lots of DC's and GM activities is far from what we have right now, and it is long gone. I have decided to carry on for the past 2 seasons to see if the activity will pick up, but with no signs of it happening, it is, no doubt, the best to consider these options. I have tried to recruit GMs all over, but the long run of our league don't really interest the people I have talked with.

Please vote and feel free to state your opinion.

GLORY DAYS!
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:20:57 AM »

For those of us that have been here since the beginning, it's been over 5 years. That's a long time. We couldn't expect the league to go on forever. I think I've just lost interest in it for the most part and would be fine with letting it go.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:01:49 PM »

For those of us that have been here since the beginning, it's been over 5 years. That's a long time. We couldn't expect the league to go on forever. I think I've just lost interest in it for the most part and would be fine with letting it go.
Well, one thing is for sure, we'll continue the league until the finals end.

but the succeeding seasons, I don't know. It would highly depend on the number of votes we get. If we can get at least half of the remaining GMs to participate in the voting, might as well continue. Smile

GLORY DAYS!
KnicksGM
GMs
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »

This is my 2nd year and have to say i like it alot. I cant speak for why gms are not active this is a good league.
Maybe we should take a poll to see how we can make it better. I for one like real NBA player names. I also vote to keep the league going.
How many active GM's do we have? Can we have a league with only 10-12 teams with only active GMS? And when we get others that want to join, we can do an expansion. Just a thought..

But, if the vote is to close the league doors, then please remove me for this league now-theres no point in putting in DC's if theres no leauge.
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:16:54 PM »

I will vote for 2 but will be just fine with 1.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

This is my 2nd year and have to say i like it alot. I cant speak for why gms are not active this is a good league.
Maybe we should take a poll to see how we can make it better. I for one like real NBA player names. I also vote to keep the league going.
How many active GM's do we have? Can we have a league with only 10-12 teams with only active GMS? And when we get others that want to join, we can do an expansion. Just a thought..

But, if the vote is to close the league doors, then please remove me for this league now-theres no point in putting in DC's if theres no leauge.
Currently, we only have 7 teams open. But only have 14 active GMs. The other 4 usually come and go. No, we can't have a league of only 10-12 teams. The open teams are run under CPU control during the offseason.

So if we can get 10 responses regarding this matter, it is safe to say that the league will continue. Whether it will be a restart of rosters or continue with what we have will be depending on the result of the poll though.

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind continuing the league, its just that with the low number of active GMs we have, I'm afraid that some of you might be having negative effects with the league already.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:28:11 PM by MagicGM » Logged

GLORY DAYS!
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »

After a while of futility, I finally have a young up-and-coming team, and the Knicks pick that will be top-5. Of course I want to see where this goes!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »

If this league does end up falling through, please come to RBSL if you arent already there. We have 4 openings.

JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 07:31:47 AM »

Would love for the league to continue forward...Some of us GM's think 3-4 years out. In terms of activity...sometimes I like the team I have and don't want to trade it away every other week, when i need to make a move, I do so. So beyond posting DCs, being active in free agency, and some occasional trash talk or summary of what my team has been doing, not sure what else we need except human controlled GMS

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:12:12 PM »

We currently have 9 votes right now, I think it is safe to say that we'll be at least 10 votes for this poll. and that the league will continue, as previously stated if we reach at least 10 votes.

GLORY DAYS!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:48:25 AM »

Only 9 votes in a week?

SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 12:16:50 PM »

10 votes. it would be nice to have more, so we can really know how many people are still here

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30:46 AM »

well we have around 12 DC so that is the state of the league. and this year a cpu controlled team might win the title  Sad
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 07:10:34 AM »

well we have around 12 DC so that is the state of the league. and this year a cpu controlled team might win the title  Sad
well, we some of our gms come and go. some are only active during the offseason.

GLORY DAYS!
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »

so is the league staying or going

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A