SSBA
April 27, 2024, 05:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Controlled Teams FA Decisions  (Read 5991 times)
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »

So, right now, I decided to have the open teams on CPU control.

But what I saw was a signing of lucrative deals. So for the betterment of the league, and for the easier filling of these POSSIBLY open teams, do you guys think it would be better for me to void these lucrative signings?

2034    184    Grizzlies    Sign SG Ron Harper for $137,306,641 over 7 years.
2034    184    Nets    Sign PF Martin Brunson for $105,393,750 over 7 years.
2034    184    Grizzlies    Sign SF Scottie Pippen for $36,466,500 over 4 years.

GrizzliesGM has not been active lately, but his position was never open since he expressed his desire to have the league continued last January, and NetsGM is the owner of the server we are using, his activity have been up and down.

GLORY DAYS!
SpursGM
Waterboy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »

Nets yes and the Grizz get a no to both. The Nets Martin Brunson has done the below so far and to me with his age that warrants the contract. The other two the Grizz signed are really solid players but do not fit with how their roster was built and would make things difficult for the next person to take over.
2030 - All-Star Rookie Game Participant
2030 - Rookie of the Year
2030 - All-Rookie Team
2031 - All-Star Rookie Game Participant
2031 - Rookie Game MVP
2031 - All-Star Game Participant
2031 - All-League Third Team
2031 - All-Defensive Second Team
2032 - All-Star Game Participant
2032 - All-League Second Team
2033 - All-Star Game Participant

NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »

why should brunson get a max offer on fa day 4. i am sure a human gm could sign him to 5yr 60mil because no one else can sign him to more money. i would say both teams should have been on cpu control at the beginning of the FA now it is too latel
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

why should brunson get a max offer on fa day 4. i am sure a human gm could sign him to 5yr 60mil because no one else can sign him to more money. i would say both teams should have been on cpu control at the beginning of the FA now it is too latel
They would have been if they were open. But seeing how 4 FA days have passed and there wasn't any activity from the GM's, I decided to have the teams having AWOL GMs in CPU control.

GLORY DAYS!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »

I dont like CPU control. Could make teams look undesirable to potential new GMs looking to take over.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »

Instead, why not give the new GM's enough cash to void the contracts...
Gives the new GM's a chance to use the cash as they see fit.

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »

Void for the Grizzlies. Then Harper and Pippen to my team. I think the latter one is very reasonable.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:50:46 AM »

are the pacers on cpu control as well? if not there isn't one other team in this lesgue that coudl offer brunson more than 8mill. So why should the nets gave him a max contact. reasonable would be a 10 mill contract.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »

are the pacers on cpu control as well? if not there isn't one other team in this league that coudl offer brunson more than 8mill. So why should the nets gave him a max contact. reasonable would be a 10 mill contract.
His former team is the Nets though. Actually there's a team that offered him nearly as much as the starting salary. So, I really don't see much of a problem with the starting salary, but how it escalates to that much.

I think we should come to a decision asap in order to progress to day 5. Otherwise, these players will be left free for minimum signings.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:27:00 AM by MagicGM » Logged

GLORY DAYS!
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:37:05 AM »

Consider it an Allan Houston contract...you got teams that want to latch on to a star player even if there career is on the downside. I say we mov eon and let it go...otherwise we get the Barkley fiasco of last season...as well as when I got screwed out of Oyedije because I cut him when I signed a guy that was given to someone else due to a "correction". Also it's a normal balance of the league...the CPU teams are typically the worst teams...so it does create some balance. We reward active members with GM points which they can then use to better themselves in the draft, etc...i say keep them on CPU and maybe increase the means of getting GM points. Otherwise this is just a case of it taking 10 years for people who do take on these CPU teams to make them competitive again, no wonder they can never be filled - it's a losing battle.

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:55 AM »

are the pacers on cpu control as well? if not there isn't one other team in this league that coudl offer brunson more than 8mill. So why should the nets gave him a max contact. reasonable would be a 10 mill contract.
His former team is the Nets though. Actually there's a team that offered him nearly as much as the starting salary. So, I really don't see much of a problem with the starting salary, but how it escalates to that much.

I think we should come to a decision asap in order to progress to day 5. Otherwise, these players will be left free for minimum signings.
how could it be that you are tellung us there is a good offer for brunson and still you think he will be available after day 5?
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 11:20:12 AM »

how could it be that you are tellung us there is a good offer for brunson and still you think he will be available after day 5?
Because when I sim day 5, there will be no offers for him. Not unless the teams are still willing to offer him the same amount.

GLORY DAYS!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 11:55:48 PM »

Again, void Grizzlies signing. make a public bid for both guys.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
WolvesGM
GMs
Coach

Xdawgchowx
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »

Uh... Idk if other GMs will like this idea but how about we just edit the contracts so that they are one year contracts rather than 7 yr contracts (the team should have gotten the player, IMO, but we do have to consider that it will be undesirable for incoming GMs to have a 7yr, 100million dollar contract) and then they'll be put back into the FA pool next yr.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »

the suggestion is merely a temporary solution to what we should do with CPU managed teams especially seeing how FA can turn into a horror for the league with them offering big contracts.

but I think that idea would be ideal. And I am really open to that. I've already inputted all bids (sent to me so far) and is just one click away from having it simmed.

Also, looking at the offers sent to these 3 players, the contract they have right now, it actually has a bigger starting salary than what was offered by human controlled teams. Often times, most players prefer to sign the 1 year lucrative deals instead of the smaller starting salary but multi-year deals.

GLORY DAYS!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: