SSBA
April 29, 2024, 08:17:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2033 Draft Room  (Read 14269 times)
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »

What the fuck??? You dont even give a day in between so that I can buy some potentials and submit a list? I got snowed in at my parents with no internet access all day yesterday and last night and I get home now after work to see this.....gayness. I probably check this board more than anyone but Magic yet I somehow get shafted.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »

I'm hoping that Cronin will be a mainstay for me at the 2 for years to come...hopefully he makes an impact right away
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 06:13:47 PM »

What the fuck??? You dont even give a day in between so that I can buy some potentials and submit a list? I got snowed in at my parents with no internet access all day yesterday and last night and I get home now after work to see this.....gayness. I probably check this board more than anyone but Magic yet I somehow get shafted.
The sim was actually done around 24 hours after the first 8 picks.

GLORY DAYS!
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »

MagicGM, I told you over AIM that I was picking Zachary Hunt. 
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 06:20:56 PM »

The sim was actually done around 24 hours after the first 8 picks.

Exactly, and for a league with little to no activity, I dont see why the rush took place, especially when you know that I have already posted in THIS thread about my desire to view potentials.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 09:54:04 PM »

I'm trying to stay out of things, because if I don't have time to run things then it doesn't make sense for me to dictate things.

That being said, having run a sim for years, i do think it makes sense to share my experience and voice my opinion.  In my opinion, the most important thing for a successful sim league isn't the speed at which it moves, but reliability and consistency.  People need to know what they need to submit and when they need to submit it by, and it can never, ever go before that.  When something's delayed, the schedule needs to be updated and announcements need to be made.

Never, ever, ever did I run a sim before the announced timeline.

That being said, I don't have a problem with there only being 24 hours before sims, I just think the schedule should have been updated when the first picks were delayed and that change announced.

I think it would help to use the announcements forum more.  When a thread's posted there, it's displayed on the main page of the site (www.ssbabasketball.com) and on the front of the forums.  Helps get word out.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 03:46:24 AM »

MagicGM, I told you over AIM that I was picking Zachary Hunt. 
I actually told you to send the draft list in before i logged out.

And iirc it was also the first thing i told you because that was the reason why i got online.

My bad on the wizards pick then. If you want me to re-do the last 8 picks, so be it but for what its worth the last 2 sims were done at least 12 hours after the scheduled time to allow more time to enter in a list.

As far as the schedule of simming goes, truth be told, the activity of the league has been terrible. We had at least 23 gms confirming they want to continue the league but many of them arent even active at all. Prolonging the "hiatus" of the league might only cause more gms to follow the steps of the others.

I actually sent out a mass pm to all the gms we have right now which is around 20. 14 PMs still havent been read.

GLORY DAYS!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 06:47:40 AM »

I'm not going to make you redo the list, I was just voicing my frustration of this happening while being one of 4 guys who actually post on this board

MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »

Well, if its best for the league that we delay this thing and let me re-work the schedule. So be it. Smile

GLORY DAYS!
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 10:47:55 AM »

I updated the schedule now. Its probably the best for the league now.

GLORY DAYS!
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »

I don't remember mention of the drafting list.  You messaged me to tell me the draft order was up and that I was #1.  I asked you questions about checking potentials, you said it wasn't possible, and I told you in that case that I would have to go with Hunt despite his C potential.  I thought when I was telling you that that you would submit it for me, since I was the #1 pick and didn't need any backup contingency plans. 

I'm not blaming you for the apparent miscommunication about submitting a drafting list, but we had a pretty lengthy discussion about Zach Hunt, and with Durant and Rosow at 2/3 I think it's clear I would have never drafted Morris #1.  I would certainly prefer having Hunt, and I think it would be fair to give me Hunt and make Morris the 2nd pick. 
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »

I don't remember mention of the drafting list.  You messaged me to tell me the draft order was up and that I was #1.  I asked you questions about checking potentials, you said it wasn't possible, and I told you in that case that I would have to go with Hunt despite his C potential.  I thought when I was telling you that that you would submit it for me, since I was the #1 pick and didn't need any backup contingency plans. 

I'm not blaming you for the apparent miscommunication about submitting a drafting list, but we had a pretty lengthy discussion about Zach Hunt, and with Durant and Rosow at 2/3 I think it's clear I would have never drafted Morris #1.  I would certainly prefer having Hunt, and I think it would be fair to give me Hunt and make Morris the 2nd pick. 
done then.

GLORY DAYS!
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 01:44:59 AM »

thanks for being fair about it.  denver can use a swingman too so it's not like they're getting the shaft by flipping it around.
BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »

i dunno if i responded but im here, just hidding Very Happy

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
ClippersGM
GMs
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »

i am here too....dont have a pick so just waiting for FA..hopefully i have a good FA period.... Cheers
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: