SSBA
March 28, 2024, 07:08:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message from RaptorsGM  (Read 7946 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »

Hey guys.

I'll keep this as short as possible, but basically I recently got some very bad news about my health. Without going into a ton of detail, I have some serious gastro-intestinal issues that will likely be responsible for my death. I have my first surgery on Nov. 16 and won't get a better idea of how much time I have left until after that. If my condition is at all treatable, my time available for SSBA will be drastically cut short.

I have some time before my first surgery so I will hold onto the team for now - but despite what happens with me, I likely won't have alot of time to run my team, so I think it may be best if I was replaced.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »

ahem, that's heavy stuff, trev.

all i can say is that my thoughts are with you, and that your health is the first and only thing interesting now. forget about what happens to the raptors, please take care of YOU !!!

and if you need anything, where  i can support you, come and talk to me.

For now i keep my fingers crossed that you are hopefully in good (medical) hands and wish you the best.
Trev, don't even think about leaving now ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »

Well, trev, you've got to be mentally tough on tImes like this. You will survive! Never give up.

Whatever pain u r experiencing right now, always remember that ur ssba family will always be with you.

May the good Lord bless you and grant you a better health!For He is the only Healer that can help you in times like this.

Keep your head up my friend. Never give up.

GLORY DAYS!
ClippersGM
GMs
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »

i hope everything goes well with you and the surgery, i really do........
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »

Trev, you can beat this one! I know..

As long as you have a LOT of FAITH from above! (look at my team.. haha! Very Happy)

A LOT of fighting spirit and to never EVER give up! (Look at my team again.. I will win it this year.. LOL)

Seriously, remember your ex-player Rafael Araujo?

With his F potential back then, I thought that he's got to be the worst player ever in SSBA history. Then because of your faith in him..

Araujo's potential went from F to A!

Who knew it will happen right? FAITH is the bridge that connects impossible to possible. And all you've got to do is to BELIEVE!

Like KG said.. "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

And like what Adidas said.. "IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!!" 
Cheers

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:23:00 AM by SixersGM » Logged

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 04:49:58 PM »

Trev,

We've been around this league together for a long time(5 years!), and you will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you and your family(real life and SSBA) for a full recovery. We need you around the league for at least another 50 years!

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
GrizzliesGM
GMs
GM

n0sajmb
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »

That's awful to hear about your health. I really will be thinking of you in coming days. I really hope you can pull through this.

C-Patrick Ewing
PF-Clayton Bender
SF-Ron Harper
SG-Scottie Pippen
PG-Marc Azario
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »

That's about the worst thing I could have logged on and seen.  After all these years, you guys all seem like honest friends.  Hope you get some good news in the coming days.  You'll be in our thoughts.  Let me know if there's anything we can do.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »

Bods, I feel the same way about the honest friends - which is why I would tell you guys in the first place. Normally I would not share something like this but I want to be able to explain any absence I may have.

There is nothing any of you can do, but I do appreciate you asking. Just know that I am doing very ok with all of this. I haven't had that long of a life, but I have experienced pretty much everything I hoped to experience and if that end comes soon, I'll be ready. We all have to go sometime. As well, while this was pretty sudden and certainly unexpected, I have had health issues for some time now and was always aware of this possibility.

For now, we will just continue to enjoy the action in SSBA. Thanks again for all the kind wishes, guys.

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Trev. Best of luck in your upcoming surgery -- my thoughts will be with you.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »

Well guys I have returned. First surgery is complete and it was a success. While I was "dead" for the second time in my life, I am certainly not dead right now, and that is all that matters.

Thank you to all of you who have sent your warm wishes here in this thread or through PMs or Email. I even got an email from Ivan, whom many of you will remember as the original prodigal son (KingsGM). I had kept in touch with Ivan after he left SSBa but only to a point, so getting an email was very touching from him and I wanted to pass that on.

Cheers guys. For the foreseeable future, I am in the house. Let's get back to what we do best (well, some of us anyway, eh Tom? hahaha), and that is winning SSBA games.

Trev

MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:02 AM »

Well guys I have returned. First surgery is complete and it was a success. While I was "dead" for the second time in my life, I am certainly not dead right now, and that is all that matters.

Thank you to all of you who have sent your warm wishes here in this thread or through PMs or Email. I even got an email from Ivan, whom many of you will remember as the original prodigal son (KingsGM). I had kept in touch with Ivan after he left SSBa but only to a point, so getting an email was very touching from him and I wanted to pass that on.

Cheers guys. For the foreseeable future, I am in the house. Let's get back to what we do best (well, some of us anyway, eh Tom? hahaha), and that is winning SSBA games.

Trev
Thank GOd.

Are you alright now?

GLORY DAYS!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 08:43:56 PM »

My prognosis has not really changed. I'm good for now, and since I'm living day to day, that's all that matters.  Thumbs Up

SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 03:02:03 AM »

Glad to hear that Trev! Very Happy Keep us updated, alright? Very Happy I'm pretty sure more GMs are interested in getting updates in your condition than in the sims! haha Very Happy

Never lose hope and get well soon! Godbless you Very Happy

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »

I'm leaving again for surgery tomorrow. In a perfect world I will be back and the league will be up and running again. Cheers. I won't likely be back for a couple of weeks or a month at earliest.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: