SSBA
April 28, 2024, 10:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derek Sighting  (Read 8695 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »

Hah.  Yes, I'm here.  Occasionally.

I try not to browse too much because I know once I start, I'll get roped back in.  and I just don't have the time for that.

Wish I still had time to work on the fully online version of SSBA too, but that's far down on my priority list as well Sad

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
PacersGM
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 04:21:49 AM »

well i am bored. so lets start talking about the articel bods wrote http://sixers.realgm.com/articles/127/20090804/76ers_fail_to_make_summer_splash/

well i really liked reading it but i have to disagree with the statement that the sixers should have made a move and trade miller in a sign and trade. no matter what you get back the sixers are a medicore team in cap hell. As long as they keep brand on their team they won't be good enough to content for a title nor will they be bad enough to get decent talent through the draft. the roster of this team is build for the future with the exception of dalembert and brand. if the sixers can trade both for picks and expirings they will be a major player in the future.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 05:27:54 AM »

well i am bored. so lets start talking about the articel bods wrote http://sixers.realgm.com/articles/127/20090804/76ers_fail_to_make_summer_splash/

well i really liked reading it but i have to disagree with the statement that the sixers should have made a move and trade miller in a sign and trade. no matter what you get back the sixers are a medicore team in cap hell. As long as they keep brand on their team they won't be good enough to content for a title nor will they be bad enough to get decent talent through the draft. the roster of this team is build for the future with the exception of dalembert and brand. if the sixers can trade both for picks and expirings they will be a major player in the future.
Regardless of them being in cap hell, they should just have followed the route the Magic went with Turkoglu. Work out a sign and trade, and get at least something in return rather than letting Andre go for nothing.

GLORY DAYS!
PacersGM
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »

well magic won't use their trade exception because of their cap situation, so it is in fact nothing for turk.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »

well magic won't use their trade exception because of their cap situation, so it is in fact nothing for turk.
true, but they could possibly use it if they see the need to.

Its still about getting some value in return, IMO.

GLORY DAYS!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »

Nobody really wanted ANYTHING for Andre Miller. That's the big difference in the Andre Miller and the Hedo situation. What Ed Stefanski should have done was to have traded Andre Miller before the trade deadline, when he was an asset coming to the play-offs.

Anyway, with letting Andre Miller go and not taking the chance on Sessions or Tinsley, I think this goes to show that the Sixers Brass has much confidence on both Lou or Jrue.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: