SSBA
April 27, 2024, 10:33:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixers/Spurs  (Read 12535 times)
Anonymous
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »

Sixers Trade:  Eddy Curry, David Lee and Freddie Jones for

Spurs Trade:  07 #1 pick, 08 spurs round 2 pick and Michael Finley

I accept.
GrizzliesGM
GMs
GM

n0sajmb
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 04:34:03 PM »

spurs accept. Duncan at sf? hehe

C-Patrick Ewing
PF-Clayton Bender
SF-Ron Harper
SG-Scottie Pippen
PG-Marc Azario
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 04:51:37 PM »

wow, big trade!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 04:53:08 PM »

Interesting.  But not sure I like it from either side.

If the Spurs needed a SF, there's a heckuva one that would have been available with your pick.  There's also an incredible SG and PG available as well.  Not prospects, players that could have helped you win NOW.  I think that might have been a better route than giving yourself 3 players that play 2 positions.

And for the Sixers, I assume he's going to go with either the top flight pg or top flight sf available, and slide murphy/dwight to pf/c.  That's fine, in theory, since it fills your teams weakness.  But I'm not sure I agree with trading an established, stud center to fill your need.  I think you're going to miss your best post defender and post scorer, not to mention shotblocker.  You now have noone to prevent driving down the middle.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GrizzliesGM
GMs
GM

n0sajmb
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:03:58 PM »

I had planned on drafting a sg/sf but when 76ers offered curry i could not pass on him. He is a beast with 3.6 bpg. I expect hunt to imprve during training camp so he can take over at sg  or ill sign one to the mle.

my lineup should be

Duncan
Curry
Padgett
hunt
parker

Its a big lineup and it could work.

C-Patrick Ewing
PF-Clayton Bender
SF-Ron Harper
SG-Scottie Pippen
PG-Marc Azario
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 05:06:56 PM »

getting a big's always good.  I won't criticize you there.  Another trade and you could be a contender.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 07:58:16 AM »

Quote from: NuggetsGM

If the Spurs needed a SF, there's a heckuva one that would have been available with your pick.  There's also an incredible SG and PG available as well.  Not prospects, players that could have helped you win NOW.  I think that might have been a better route than giving yourself 3 players that play 2 positions.

And for the Sixers, I assume he's going to go with either the top flight pg or top flight sf available, and slide murphy/dwight to pf/c.  That's fine, in theory, since it fills your teams weakness.  But I'm not sure I agree with trading an established, stud center to fill your need.  I think you're going to miss your best post defender and post scorer, not to mention shotblocker.  You now have noone to prevent driving down the middle.

I agree on this one. I dont think its a good deal for both teams because it doesn't satisfy their team needs. Spurs' frontcourt is pretty solid with Padgett and Duncan, with the 1st pick they can get a SG/SF who can give you 20ppg. But, like spursGM said, EC is an offer he cant reject. If i am the spursGM, i would like to find a third party to ship EC for an All-star SG (Kobe maybe?)

For the Sixers, i think jemagee is pretty confident with his frontcourt of murphy and dwight. What i dont understand is that, giving up curry is like giving his whole interior defense. Because aside from curry, no one else is capable of blocking shots. Although a combination of dwight and murphy is a very good rebounding combo.

Anyway, i guess its a trade where both GM think that they got the better end talent wise. Although it doesnt really fit their team needs.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 08:02:20 AM »

Quote from: Anonymous

I agree on this one. I dont think its a good deal for both teams because it doesn't satisfy their team needs. Spurs' frontcourt is pretty solid with Padgett and Duncan, with the 1st pick they can get a SG/SF who can give you 20ppg. But, like spursGM said, EC is an offer he cant reject. If i am the spursGM, i would like to find a third party to ship EC for an All-star SG (Kobe maybe?)

For the Sixers, i think jemagee is pretty confident with his frontcourt of murphy and dwight. What i dont understand is that, giving up curry is like giving his whole interior defense. Because aside from curry, no one else is capable of blocking shots. Although a combination of dwight and murphy is a very good rebounding combo.

Anyway, i guess its a trade where both GM think that they got the better end talent wise. Although it doesnt really fit their team needs.

Thats my post.

Anyway, i was surprised by the way shaun rupp has improved his game. Last time i saw his ratings, its far from the way it looked like right now. A- inside, A- defense, B+ rebounding? What happened here? Has the training camp already been simmed?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 08:46:11 AM »

Rupp's ratings on January 3rd:
B   C-   C-   B-   B   B

Now, the question is, when exactly were his ratings editted?  Before or after the trade?  How much before?

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 09:04:55 AM »

Alright, I just compared everything in an excel file, no draftee other than Rupp has been modified since January 3rd.

I realize before you editted some players to make this a better draft.  Fine.  Not sure I necessarily agree with that since it lessens the value of already established good players, but whatever.  At least everyone's on a level playing field.

BUT ONCE YOU POST A DRAFT FILE YOU CANNOT EDIT IT!.  Not only does it raise suspicision of WHEN you editted that player and possibly point to tampering, but there are people like me who dump the data into an excel file and base all of our decisions from there.  Making changes after the fact makes our prior work useless, and makes us uninformed to the actual draftees.

This is borderline on "draft needs to be redone" stage.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 09:07:17 AM »

Alright, I just compared everything in an excel file, no draftee other than Rupp has been modified since January 3rd.

I realize before you editted some players to make this a better draft.  Fine.  Not sure I necessarily agree with that since it lessens the value of already established good players, but whatever.  At least everyone's on a level playing field.

BUT ONCE YOU POST A DRAFT FILE YOU CANNOT EDIT IT!.  Not only does it raise suspicision of WHEN you editted that player and possibly point to tampering, but there are people like me who dump the data into an excel file and base all of our decisions from there.  Making changes after the fact makes our prior work useless, and makes us uninformed to the actual draftees.

This is borderline on "draft needs to be redone" stage.

I definitely agree with nuggz GM. Doing this BS isnt fair for anyone in this league.
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 11:19:36 AM »

I noticed that Rupp didn't show up on the draft preview board when he was taken last night, and I was wondering why he was selected so high. Now he basically has the same ratings as Shaq, whereas before I had him as a late lotto pick. And if his actual potential is a B or A and not a D....

I think the best course of action would be to allow the Spurs gm to decide if he still wants to go through with the trade with this knowledge, and there should be a brief period where other GMs can make offers for the pick if they want.

In the future a draftee's ratings shouldn't be changed after it's been posted. This makes sense for a lot of reasons.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »

whereas before I had him as a late lotto pick. And if his actual potential is a B or A and not a D....

Yup, I had him rated around 9th.  When Twan told me over IM last night that he wanted him #1 I almost laughed at him.  Of course, when discussing the draft with him I just looked over the draft file I had previously made, not hte one uploaded on the site, and didn't notice the change in abilities until BullsGM pointed it out.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 03:20:36 PM »

i'm a little slow so what your saying is somebody is trying to cheat the rest of us by improving certain players to make there team better   Crying or Very sad
Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 04:29:56 PM »

Yes, it was unfair.  I edited him and had a few other Centers edited because there wasn't anyone too great.  Then after looking at him again, I wanted him and got him which was cheap.  So, I really don't care if the trade goes through OR I can just make him worse, either way, doesn't bother me.  I thought someone else would get him instead but then got the pick uploaded the site and he wasn't there as like Carter, Norris because I uploaded again.  Also, something is wrong with my draft file, if anyone see's 2 of the same player on the board, it's messed, mine on the program is messed up.  Whatever works, I don't care
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: