SSBA
April 28, 2024, 11:50:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Stars Shine Bright in Toronto  (Read 2075 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »

AP
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Some people say the best spot in the world to see the stars is Northern Canada. Soon, they will be saying that the Air Canada Centre in downtown Toronto is the spot. The Toronto Raptors have fashioned together an assembly of stars to push for the 2027 SSBA Championship. The AP recently had a chance to sit down with center Dave Corzine, small forward Nique Wilkins, shooting guard Mike Woodson, point guard Ian Magloire and General Manager/Coach Trev for a candid interview.

AP: Is this the best team you have ever played for or coached?

Trev: It's hard to say. We won't be getting the full team assembled until another 15 games have passed. On paper, absolutely this is the best bunch of talent I have ever coached.

Nique: It's tough to say the best. I won two titles with some amazing Hornets teams. I think we will certainly be able to give the Hornets a run for their money this year.

Woodson: I've also been a part of a Championship team with the Spurs, but this team ranks right up there with that group.

AP: With three guys that scored 23+ points per game last season, will one ball be enough for this team, or will you have to petition the league to allow you to play with two on offense?

Trev: The petition was faxed out yesterday, we are still waiting to hear back.

Magloire: I know my role on this team is going to be pass-first, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I think between Nique's ability to slash and score inside paired with Woodson's outside shooting we will have a very nice offensive niche. I'm not going to ignore Corzine on offense either as he is an excellent passer. I will however be ignoring Kite. Coach Trev has actually asked Kite to just stay on the defensive end for the entire game. That way he doesn't get tired or in our way on offense.

AP: Will the Raptors have 4 All-Star representatives this year?

Corzine: We hope so. It's a little tougher for a guy like me. I may be leading the league in blocks and rebounds, and shooting over 50% but I don't score like Vlade or Hakeem, so I doubt I will get to the game. Woody hasn't played for over a 1/4 of the season now so it will be hard for him to make it too. Mags and Nique should both be there.

AP: Final question. Is this team good enough to win it all this year? And if not, will you all be back for another year?

Trev: Absoutely we have enough talent on paper to win it all. The Hornets and Pacers are both strong but we can match up with them. As for next year, it was exceptionally hard to get this team together and try to stay under the hard cap. We are still actively pursuing a trade of Whatley for 3 smaller contracts just to stay under the cap. If these guys want to give it another shot next season, Corzine and Magloire will both need to take a paycut.

Corzine: Which we will.

Magloire: Hell yeah. We know Woody has a ring and Nique has two, but Dave and I haven't got one yet and we both feel like this is the best chance we have ever had. If we need to take a few million less to do that, we are more than willing. I expect we will take 2 more shots at it after this season, maybe try to win back-to-back titles.

So there you have it. An air of confidence and cockiness hangs in the home locker room at the ACC. This team has the spirit to win it all. The only question left is whether they have the ability. We shall soon find out.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:43:52 AM »

Nice article. I can really say that you can't wait till sim 4 to 5, and I can't blame you.
I don'  think that hard cap will give you a hard time, instead, I think that Corzine and Magloire's age shall pose a problem to you after this season. Will they degrade or stay the same? That is a pretty big question.

Still, nice GM work with your team. It has "Trev" written all over it. Very Happy

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: