SSBA
April 27, 2024, 12:08:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright Twan, We've got an issue  (Read 9907 times)
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 08:53:11 PM »

Well, this is just bad news.  I hope this isn't what actually happened.

If we re-sim the entire season, do all the trades (I made a few good ones, I think) stick?

Just curious.

Hopefully we can just continue.  If not, let's figure something out.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 09:08:21 PM »

Celts, this issue isn't resimming the issue by choice.

If Twan doesn't give up the current file, we will have to go back and use the last one Jem had, which means you rtrades will not be there.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 05:32:11 AM »

Just when i thought that my team is very capable of being the next SSBA champion..  Sad
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 07:09:43 AM »

Well guys, if Twan hasn't replied by the end of the weekend, I think it might be best to assume that he isn't going to, and begin moving forward with the league.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 09:56:51 AM »

Quote from: NuggetsGM
Well guys, if Twan hasn't replied by the end of the weekend, I think it might be best to assume that he isn't going to, and begin moving forward with the league.

I agree, the longer we sit and wait the more chance GM's will lose interest
Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 10:07:20 AM »

I also agree..

LETS GET THE DRAFT KEEP ROLLING!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 10:11:56 AM »

There's not much point in pushing the draft forward if we don't know if the draft is even going to count.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 10:14:38 AM »

There's not much point in pushing the draft forward if we don't know if the draft is even going to count.

Yea, I think that sometime Sunday or Monday we should move forward, give twan a little time, although i'm guessing he won't come back at all
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 12:26:21 PM »

Unbelievable.  Who would cheat at a game like this?
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 12:41:22 PM »

Quote from: CelticsGM

Tell me about it, I just fired a guy in my league for trying to GM two teams. Dumbass must not have realised I check IP's
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 03:00:09 PM »

Quote from: CelticsGM

I have been in couple of leagues where commish edit their players ratings.  Stuff like this happen all the time.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 03:29:27 PM »

I just want to put in my 2 cents on the issue of what should be done if we don't get the current file...

I think it's unfair to the GMs who made "good" trades to just throw out those trades like it didn't happen. It's the equivalent of punishing someone for being a good GM...

Aside from the obvious trade that should not go through (Giddens), I think the most fair thing to do would be to do would be to reconstruct from the "completed trades" threads that are easily accessable to all of us. There aren't an overwhelming number of them, and it wouldn't be difficult to do (I'd be happy to take the time to do it).

I will be the most penalized if we re-run the season; I lose the championship. I don't have a problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is losing my work for no reason.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 03:32:07 PM »

The other problem is there's absolutely no way to re-do the draft.  There's no way to generate that exact draft without the save file.  I've made 2 major trades to completely re-shape my team from that draft.

Also, how do we handle midseason trades?  Process them at the beginning of the season, wait until the middle?

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 03:43:12 PM »

The other problem is there's absolutely no way to re-do the draft.  There's no way to generate that exact draft without the save file.  I've made 2 major trades to completely re-shape my team from that draft.

Also, how do we handle midseason trades?  Process them at the beginning of the season, wait until the middle?

I'm afraid that we won't be able to do anything about the draft... A time consuming solution would be to take the ratings of each player and try to approximate the more detailed ratings. Remaking an entire draft file is a time consuming process though. It would be hard to find someone impartial enough and willing to take the time to do it. Also, the "potential" thing might be problematic. Some sort of randomization might have to be used.

As far as mid-season trades, I would process them at the beginning, overriding any trade restrictions on them. This basically has the effect of starting as if it were 2007, even though we are replaying the 2006 season.

edit: I messed up the years...
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »

That might work.  Although it would essentially be throwing away the 2006 season certainly the stats, as they'd all be wrong).

Best case scenario is still Twan sends the file.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: