SSBA
April 28, 2024, 08:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 12764 times)
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 06:11:42 PM »

Man, a house-cleaing may be in order with only 15 gms signed up so far here. How many ppl have responded to FA messages?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 06:18:04 PM »

yeah, there are a lot of unresponsive gm's.

It's a shame, there are 10-15 that make this league great.  And I really like what Jem was trying to do in keep this in-house.  knowing these people from other message boards makes it great, IMO.  And a lot of the people I've seen in other leagues....well, it was a lot less fun.

But it seems we're running out of options.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 06:28:56 PM »

Quote from: NuggetsGM
yeah, there are a lot of unresponsive gm's.

It's a shame, there are 10-15 that make this league great.  And I really like what Jem was trying to do in keep this in-house.  knowing these people from other message boards makes it great, IMO.  And a lot of the people I've seen in other leagues....well, it was a lot less fun.

But it seems we're running out of options.

Yeah, I wish our gm's were active.  I'm trying to get people but, well.  We'll see.
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2005, 07:15:49 PM »

We can still keep this league alive with just 10-15 members as usual.   BTW,  even if we do have all the teams, only few of us post anyways.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2005, 08:18:31 PM »

I beleive that we have had this discussion before, just because some GM's dont post on the board, dosent mean that they arent active. On the old board, I had maybe 70 posts, but i checked the board and my team a couple of times daily, and i'm always available on AIM. It would be nice to have 29 people that responded to the board all day long, but its not always possible. Some people have jobs, or school, or other obligations. I have a job that allows me to hang out here all day if I choose, others arent so lucky.

the people that want to be here are here, and the non responsive gm get dealt with. Its up to everyone to try to keep this league great, the 10 original gm's and the really good new gm that have taken over teams make this league great, and hopefully with time well have 29 GM who will all contribute in their own way, and keep this league as the best one out there.

But with all of that being said,hopefully we do get a whole roster of gm's and we can get this new thing rolling.

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2005, 08:29:42 PM »

I'm in. Nice board.
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2005, 08:34:12 PM »

I'm in. Nice board.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 08:49:12 PM »

don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily worried about board activity.  As long as they check their PM's board interaction's just really to converse and have a little fun.  But I think we have a few that are fairly unresponsive, in taking actions with their teams and following up with proposals.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 09:08:46 PM »

As for why the change.  Well, now it's on the same domain as the site.  It's now physically stored on my server, so we can customize it to our liking.  And, since I'm footing the bandwidth bill, there are no ads.  Plus phpBB is better than proboards.

wow! thanks!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2005, 09:22:52 PM »

don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily worried about board activity.  As long as they check their PM's board interaction's just really to converse and have a little fun.  But I think we have a few that are fairly unresponsive, in taking actions with their teams and following up with proposals.

Well put.
Anonymous
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2005, 03:16:14 AM »

Fire someone so i can have a team
Anonymous
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2005, 03:28:25 AM »

I say, we implement deadlines
- If a GM didnt respond on their FA stuff, let all his FAs walk. THis way we can have the league run smoothly and have teams with huge capspace be more competitive by signing the FAs of the unresponsive GMs. I think the only big FA who signed with other team is Tyson Chandler. Almost all big FAs do resign with their teams.

We implement GM check in
- There will be a thread where GMs would check in.  Any GMs who didnt checked in for 2 consecutive weeks would be fired. Like magicGM said, post activity cant indicate whether your an active GM or not.

These are just some of my ideas.
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2005, 07:13:08 AM »

Quote from: BullsGM
I say, we implement deadlines
- If a GM didnt respond on their FA stuff, let all his FAs walk. THis way we can have the league run smoothly and have teams with huge capspace be more competitive by signing the FAs of the unresponsive GMs. I think the only big FA who signed with other team is Tyson Chandler. Almost all big FAs do resign with their teams.

We implement GM check in
- There will be a thread where GMs would check in.  Any GMs who didnt checked in for 2 consecutive weeks would be fired. Like magicGM said, post activity cant indicate whether your an active GM or not.

These are just some of my ideas.

GM check in is a good idea, but theres one more thing that ppl don't take into account... Time difference. Not all GM's are fom america, I'm at least 5 hours ahead of anyone on the east coast, so if a check-in is posted it could be quite a while before it's seen by some. Make it a 2day deadline though and that compensates for it.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2005, 09:48:06 AM »

Warriors, your very large avatar is making the site unreadable. Bandwith.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2005, 01:11:06 PM »

The pic's actually very small, size wise (15 KB).  Not even half the size of the logo (35 KB) and not a tenth of the size of NetsGM's sig (150 KB).

But it is stretching the page length, so I'd try to make it smaller dimension wise.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: