SSBA
April 28, 2024, 08:33:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 958 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 20, 2006, 04:48:21 PM »

http://ssba.phillyarena.net/files/rules.htm#draft_normal_trades

If you trade for a pick after the end of the playoffs and subsequently do not have room on your roster for any of your draft picks, the salary of the last player drafted will be increased to reflect what would have been the salary of the dropped player.  So, if you acquire a 2nd round pick but forfeit it due to a lack of roster space,  the last player your drafted will have their salary increased $332,817 for the first year and $465,850 for the second year.  This will happen for every forfeited pick.  This is done to prevent teams from “dumping” their unwanted contracts of draft picks on teams with no room left on the roster with no consequence to either team.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »

Alright guys, at first I didn't have a problem with it, I even participated in it. And I'm not going to stop it this year. But in future years, you won't be able to trade for a draft pick if you do not have the roster space to use it. There just isn't the ability in the NBA to "skip" a draft pick, and there shouldn't be in this one either.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: