SSBA
April 28, 2024, 01:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Midwest Division Power Ranking #1  (Read 1267 times)
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:25:59 PM »

1.) Utah Jazz (8-6)
Once again the defending champions are probally right where they want to be. Not leading the division, but will almost certainly be in the hunt for the SSBA Finals come playoff time. Curran,Joe Smith,and Booth are underrated players but make up one of the best center/PF combos in our league.

2.)Memphis Grizzlies (10-7)
The Grizz lead the division, and the former champs look like they may be on the verge of another run.The Grizzlies are scoring over 103 ppg, but they are allowing almost as much(102.5) they'll have to fix that if they are looking to make a serious run.

3. Dallas Mavericks (8-10)
The Mavs get this spot because of their history in this league. I honestly believe that they'll be in the hunt for one of the top seeds in the western conf. by the end of the year. The team has a lot of new pieces they are looking to fit together, but with Ilgauskas and LeBron reunited they should be good to go for a run into the playoffs. dont be suprised if this team is in the top spot of this division by the end of the year.

4.) Minnesota Timberwolves (8-7)
KG,Patrick Gatling. Our league MVP the first 2 seasons, and last years ROY are the combining for 48 ppg, and 18 rebounds, and are the main reason this team is clicking. along with Keith Van Horn, and Zendon Hamiliton, the TWolves are holdong teams to 95 ppg which is good enough for top 5 in the league.

5.) Houston Rockets. (7-7)
This team on paper looks very balanced. Theit top pick, Nick Abdur -Rahim id giving a solid effort with 11ppg and 8 rpg. along with Boozer      (who's avg a double/double) this team may make a run to the playoffs this season.

6.)Denver Nuggets (5-7)
Its very hard for me to put the Nuggets down at the bottom of the division, but for now this is where they have to be. Most teams after Loosing the leagues top scorer, and one of the top 10 PG's, would fall over and collapse upon theirselves. Not the Nuggets though, they went out and brought in Nick Collison, and Avlin Schenk, and filled in for loosing Camby with Dan Gadzuric. This team like Dallas is still trying to find its self, while trying to replace the scoring they lost from Vince going to Cle.

7.) San Antonio Spurs (4-8)
The Spurs look better than they've evrr looked, but its not quite enough yet. they have a dynamic backcourt with Arenas and Parker, and two stud defensive players inside with Mihm, and Etan Thomas. but this team is still young, and with 2 former champs and a perreneal title contender in their division, they are still a ways off from making any noise in the Midwest Div.

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
JazzGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 02:11:17 PM »

although my pf/C core is definately serviceable for their role playing needs and curran developed very nicely for me and may be a starter by the end of the year. I do like how Joe Smith is physical and could possibly get some players in foul trouble and then let Curran come in and take over their backup. I wouldn't consider them one of the best in the league, however, they're the best at what I need them for if that counts. I think some things balance out my lack of a dominant inside presence and that is with strong rebounding guards with Kirilenko included and the fact that my top two scorers on the outside, have higher inside ratings than out.

Definately not upset with the rankings....this year is hard to judge so far because of injuries to Curran and Booth, but a lot of us know I'm guaranteed a slow start to the season..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: