SSBA
April 27, 2024, 03:02:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixers-Nuggets Deal - can't work  (Read 7241 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 07:22:58 AM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Whoops, it appears I was wrong as well.  this is one where the program doesn't follow real nba rules.  A player can't be traded for 60 days after being signed/traded no matter what, even if he's the only player going out.

This is just going to have to wait.

So FBB has changed their ruling about that? Cause it always use to work.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 07:43:41 AM »

I don't know if they changed their ruling I'm just telling you what the program is telling me, that he cannot be traded because he was signed/traded less than 60 days ago.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 08:03:38 AM »

Sad Out of the 5 leagues i was in, twas also my 1st time to encountered this kind of situation. The 60 day trade rule thing kinda sucks. But i understand this technical difficulty.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 09:28:12 AM »

Whoops, it appears I was wrong as well.  this is one where the program doesn't follow real nba rules.  A player can't be traded for 60 days after being signed/traded no matter what, even if he's the only player going out.

In the past we've always allowed a 1 for 1 to go through. We already have pretty strict regulations regarding trades. I think we should continue to allow trades like that to go through despite the FBB restriction.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2005, 09:39:08 AM »

Quote from: HornetsGM

In the past we've always allowed a 1 for 1 to go through. We already have pretty strict regulations regarding trades. I think we should continue to allow trades like that to go through despite the FBB restriction.

Yeah, I proposed something like that during our past seasons. The 60 trade rule is limiting trade activities. Like in my case, the 60 day trade rule, would make me idle in trading activites. Cause i cant trade both my 3m expiring players..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2005, 09:55:28 AM »

Quote from: SixersGM

Yeah, I proposed something like that during our past seasons. The 60 trade rule is limiting trade activities. Like in my case, the 60 day trade rule, would make me idle in trading activites. Cause i cant trade both my 3m expiring players..

I don't think the 60 day rule should be eliminated, I just think that 1 for 1 deals should be allowed to go through like in the real NBA.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2005, 10:02:19 AM »

Oh..

I'd also be leaning on that. I think that would be better..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2005, 10:12:05 AM »

I hope I don't come off as an ass or anything, but I'm no longer interested in this deal.  Once I read the initial post saying it wouldn't work, I made other plans to address my areas of need, primarily through my free agent offers.  Making this trade now will affect my free agent offers, as I was taking on a small amount of money in this deal.  I apologize again for any distress caused, as I was unaware of the trade restrictions.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2005, 10:14:44 AM »

If it wont really work, i guess we've got to cancel it. BUt if it would work in someways, i would still consider this deal. I also turned down a couple of deals because of this deal. I never thought it wont work..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2005, 11:20:05 AM »

Alright, here's the ruling.

1) On future deals, I will disable the 60 day rule on 1-1 trades.
2) Since NuggetsGM no longer agrees to the trade, it can't go through.  Aso for SixersGM, don't base your strategy on something until it's finalized.  There's no way both can win in this situation.
3) As for the trade, bring it back up after free agency.  At that point NuggetsGM shouldn't be worried about adding small bits of salary, and you should be able to make it work.  After the fifth day of free agency, adding salary onto this year has no ill consequences (as all free agent signings after the 5th day of free agency are minimum salaries).

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2005, 06:27:56 PM »

OK.. NP

Very Happy

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: