SSBA
April 27, 2024, 01:41:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RaptorGM's Trade Score Card (Episode 1)  (Read 2643 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:38:56 PM »

Ok, I'm going to look back on all of the major trades that have been made in the SSBA, and discuss who the overall winner of the trade is. So without furthur ado, we're starting at the start. I'm just going to discuss the players in the trade pertaining to the teams that they were traded to. If I start to talk about how Mo Pete was great for so-and-so because he helped get so-and-so and then helped get so-and-so....well that could be forever.

1. Hornets- Hawks.

http://phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92

Hornets Trade:

J.R. Smith
Alex Garcia
Tim Pickett
2008 First

Hawks Trade:

Josh Childress

---I like it alot for the Hornets. JR Smith put up some decent numbers this year (7ppg, 4rpg, 2apg)....but Childress is a stud with A potential, and helped to get Livingston, who should really help out the Hornets. It will be interesting to see where the pick falls, but as of right now I assume it will be a high 20's pick.

Winner: Hornets. Childress was just easily the best player in this deal, and unless the 08 draft is remarkably deep, the Hornet's pick will have almost negative value for any team concerned about the cap.

2. Jazz-Nets.

http://phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115

Nets Trade:

Jason Kidd
Richard Jefferson

Jazz Trade:

Carlos Boozer
Kris Humphries
2006 2nd round pick

--Huge blockbuster deal. A fantastic trade for both teams. The Nets not only got Boozer, but also paved the way for Okafor to join the team with this trade. The Jazz were able to pick up Jason Kidd, who was an all-league first teamer last year. Also, the Jazz got RJeff, who helped them get Marion, who they later trade away. Smile

Winner: I'd say Nets. Boozer is a stud, although he is not playing for that team any longer. Kidd, while great, is old, and Jefferson isn't quite the player in SSBA that he is in the NBA. Humphries is a young stud who should do nothing but develop further, although he is no longer with the Nets either.

3. Hawks-Knicks.

http://phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140

Hawks Trade:

Antoine Walker
Tony Delk

Knicks Trade:

Allan Houston
Knicks 2007 1st

---Antoine is a solid 15.6ppg, 9.2rpg, so he was a great pickup for the Knicks. Can't argue with dumping Houston's HUGE contract either. However, this could have been the start of some serious contract clearing for the Knicks, but it didn't happen after this. THe Knicks had a payrolls of $102,657,533 this year. Houston has been somewhat unremarkable, but that Knicks first? Yeah, 2nd most ping pong balls in this draft lottery.

Winner: Hawks. Traded a decent player for a half decent one, took on a huge contract, but got a fantastic pick out of it. Not sure what they did with the pick though.

4. Sixers-Spurs.

http://phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145

Sixers Trade:

Tim Duncan
Malik Rose

Spurs Trade:

Glenn Robinson
Samuel Dalembert
Marc Jackson
Kendrick Brown
06, 08 first rounders
07,08,09 second rounders

---Wow, what a huge trade. I'd love to say that this trade was easily favoured towards the Sixers, but what have they done with Dunkin'? Suffered through two painfull seasons. Sammy has turned out to be HUGE, big block man. Glenn Robinson has been unremarkable, as have Jackson and Brown. But getting 5 picks and a defensive stud for TD was not a bad trade for the Spurs. Malik Rose is what makes this trade favour the Sixers.

Winner: Sixers, although the Spurs make a case. Dunkin' was good for 25.6 and 13 this year. A player that good should only be traded for another all-star, and unfortunatly the Spurs did not get one.

5. Rockets- Kings.

http://phillyarena.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174

KINGS TRADE:

Peja Stojakavic
Bobby Jackson
Doug Christe

KINGS RECEIVE:

Tracy McGrady
Bob Sura

---Wow, another MONSTER blockbuster. All 5 players in this deal turned out to be great players. I don't mind this trade from a Rockets POV, because it got them Peja, who is a scoring beast (25.3ppg), Jackson who is a very capable backup, and Chrisite, a great defender who helped them bring in Mike Finley. However, this was also a great trade for the Kings. McGrady was an all SSBA first teamer this year.

Winner: So close, it's not even funny, but I'm gonna say Rockets. All 3 players the Rockets' received are very capable. I think he got back fair value for TMac.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for tonight. Probably going to do 5 per day, 1 post every day. Then at the end of it all, I'll do a top 10 or top 20 trades of all time..

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:02:30 PM »

Cool man, very nice job!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:03:05 PM »

Merci gracias. Whatever that means

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:10:59 PM »

Not bad.  A bit more future analysis would have been nice.  For example, for me, Kidd/RJ basically turned into Okafor/Dalembert/lottery pick/cap space.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 08:34:27 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Not bad.  A bit more future analysis would have been nice.  For example, for me, Kidd/RJ basically turned into Okafor/Dalembert/lottery pick/cap space.

Oh shudup. If I actually did that, it would be a 2 hour job to get 5 trades done.

Players get traded all the time. I can't go through and follow the whole thing.

BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »

I like it, great work.  Get some of my trades in there  Smile

Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:21:05 AM »

Wasn't the Amare/Odom deal considered a blockbuster?  Smile
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 02:00:42 PM »

Nice read.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: