SSBA
April 28, 2024, 10:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playoffs Outlook - Western Conference  (Read 2724 times)
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:44:16 PM »

Current Standings

1) Dallas Mavericks (48-20) - Once with an unbelievable record of 40-10, Dallas came back down to earth, but still currently has the best record in the league. Dirk Nowitzki has been brilliant all season long, and his scoring versatiliy is impossible to stop. Along with Araujo and Dampier, this may be the best overall frontline in the league. The combination of size, scoring, defense and rebounding is incredible. Is there a team out there capable of beating them in a 7 game series? The playoffs will tell...

2) LA Clippers (44-28)
Who knew that this young team would have such a great season? Each player in the starting lineup is 25 younger, and it's been working for the Clippers. Elton Brand, the "veteran", was an all-star once again averaging 23 and 10. A bright future might not be all, as LA looks to the playoffs.

3) Denver Nuggets (43-23)
Denver had great depth to overcome the absence of Ray Allen for a good part of the season. Allen is back from injury now, and will combine with re-acquired Kenyon Martin to make an outstanding duo. With Camby guarding the middle and Billups leading the drive, the Nuggets can make it far in the post-season.

4) Memphis Grizzlies (43-24)
The Grizz traded away their franchise player Pau Gasol mid-season, but recieved a great group of players of players in return. One of them being Jason Richardson, who has had a star quality year. The team is on a tear as of late, winning 7 straight and 16 of the last 20. Can they keep up the great play through the playoffs?

5) Utah Jazz (39-29)
The Jazz have one of the best defenses in the league, led by the versatile star Andrei Kirilenko. His statline of 21, 8, 4, 2, and 2 to go along with 38% 3pt shooting is remarkable. Hughes, Daniels and Francis from a tremendous backcourt that is great overall. Good defense is key for the playoffs, and Utah has plenty of that.

6) Minnesota T-Wolves (37-31)
Kevin Garnett has been Kevin Garnett, as expected. With stats of 31, 12, 5, 2 and 2, KG is simply too good. He will be making the playoffs this year, once again. Great team defense will be needed the the Wolves to make it past the 1st round.

7) GS Warriors (34-34)
After all the trades made by Golden State throughout the season, they are now left with an excellent group of players and excellent depth. Gasol, Odom and Hinrich make an excellent young trio, and the team is filled with great role-players. They are, however, one of several teams competing for the last two playoffs spots.

8) Houston Rockets (33-36)
Poor defense has led to an under-achieving year following a great previous season. With Stojakovic out for 50 days, it is not looking good for the Rockets. Yao Ming will need to step it up and carry the team for Houston to make the playoffs.

In the Race
Phoenix Suns (33-37, 0.5 games behind 8th)
Sacramento Kings (30-37, 2 games behnd 8th)
San Antonio Spurs (32-41, 3 games behind 8th)
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 06:42:28 PM »

Nice job on both man   Cheers
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 06:49:12 PM »

where are the Sonics?

Oh yeah, in last place!
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 10:44:20 PM »

Fantastic job....

I did not realize that Pejo was out for 50 days...  Looks like I might have a lottery pick this year...

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 11:50:02 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
Fantastic job....

I did not realize that Pejo was out for 50 days...  Looks like I might have a lottery pick this year...

Damn, that SUCKS. I moved the pick because I thought the Rockets were headed towards home court advantage. Then the stop putting in depth charts, the team starts to suck, now a MAJOR injury.

Damn. You might have owned me in the Vince trade.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
JazzGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

you know what they say...Defense wins championships
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: