SSBA
April 26, 2024, 12:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEAGUE FILE  (Read 25123 times)
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »

There appears to be a problem. I cant find the league file anymore. And the last league file I uploaded 2034. :-s

What do I do? I've been trying to retrieve it through system restore, but cant seem to have it restored. :-s

GLORY DAYS!
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »

let's restart the league to gain more interest Smile

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »

Screwy

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:24 PM »

Any update? What are we going to do?
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 12:46:19 AM »

While I would love to keep this version of the league going, We may have to restart in order to allow us to recruit new blood. Our long run could be daunting to potential new recruits. Hopefully we can keep this league going into its 3rd life. 

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »

I've actually been thinking about it too, perhaps dating back to the 80's  or the 90's as the potential roster we begin with.

Or with the current roster, but I think theres too much imbalance?

GLORY DAYS!
KnicksGM
GMs
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »

Instead of getting a team that already has a roster, can we try something new and draft our team?
I mean, we pick a year of team rosters and instead of getting that teams roster, we draft players for other rosters.
Example: Miami selects a player from the Clippers roster and so on. How much time would that take?

Now that would get more GM's.. 

Thoughts?
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »

i'm cool with whatever gets more league activity
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »

Instead of getting a team that already has a roster, can we try something new and draft our team?
I mean, we pick a year of team rosters and instead of getting that teams roster, we draft players for other rosters.
Example: Miami selects a player from the Clippers roster and so on. How much time would that take?

Now that would get more GM's.. 

Thoughts?
I'm not getting it. Perhaps something like a fantasy draft? I think that would take a while to start the season, which might not be of others interest, :-s

GLORY DAYS!
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 12:35:16 AM »

Let's just start with this year's rosters. I call dibs on the Thunder, since the Sonics are no more.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 03:00:51 AM »

Let's just start with this year's rosters. I call dibs on the Thunder, since the Sonics are no more.
Well, before anything else, when we start with a new file, existing GM's, like you, for example, would have a first say on whether he'd choose to retain his team or not. If not, and for example you'd like the Magic, you'd need to wait for my affirmation if I give it to you or not.

Any suggestions on what year we can start on? Retro files are normally 84-85. We can also go back to the 90s. Or any year, I'll just have to look for good files for it. Smile

GLORY DAYS!
KnicksGM
GMs
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »

Can we cut the number of teams down from 29 to 20? That would be better to handle, and I think we can find 20 active GM's for the long haul.

The other 9 teams players would be thrown into the off season draft. This is were it gets good (at tleast in my eyes).

**We cut the draft rds in half (1 rd compared to 2 rds)
The draft consists of only 20 players (4pgs, 4sgs, 4sfs, 4pfs, 4cs) evenly weighted. The players that would be selected for this draft would be done by the Commisher and two Board Members. This would ensure that we would have really SOLID draft classes. Once those players run out, then you select a certain year (ex.1993) and do the same over again. One Yr should contain 2 drafts.***This would also work if we cant cut down the number of teams.***

I am ALL about DRAFTS. I think this is were you define a league. This is were a GM should be the most active.

I have more ideas but it is not easy to put all of them into words. Let me know what you guys think or if you have questions PM or IM me @ acemann04@hotmail.com - I am willing to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Steve

MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »

Can we cut the number of teams down from 29 to 20? That would be better to handle, and I think we can find 20 active GM's for the long haul.

The other 9 teams players would be thrown into the off season draft. This is were it gets good (at tleast in my eyes).

**We cut the draft rds in half (1 rd compared to 2 rds)
The draft consists of only 20 players (4pgs, 4sgs, 4sfs, 4pfs, 4cs) evenly weighted. The players that would be selected for this draft would be done by the Commisher and two Board Members. This would ensure that we would have really SOLID draft classes. Once those players run out, then you select a certain year (ex.1993) and do the same over again. One Yr should contain 2 drafts.***This would also work if we cant cut down the number of teams.***

I am ALL about DRAFTS. I think this is were you define a league. This is were a GM should be the most active.

I have more ideas but it is not easy to put all of them into words. Let me know what you guys think or if you have questions PM or IM me @ acemann04@hotmail.com - I am willing to help in any way I can.

Thanks
Steve

Unfortunately, we can't cut down the teams to 20. Its a program thing.

I've been looking at several roster files dating back to the 75-76 season (lol). Anyway, anyone up for a 90's roster file? I think its more realistic than the others especially with the bird years.

I can continue looking for the current season's roster file, but was only able to find only one the last few days. In which, Shaq was like an A- inside, B+ B+ on both def and rebounds. I really didn't like it. Its that bad. Or we can go back 2-3 seasons ago.

What do you think?

Honestly, I'm in for the 92-'93 season. Its the year where we stopped using draft files from the 90's.

GLORY DAYS!
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »

92-93 season? I'm in for it. I'm sad to be loosing this team I put together,but excited to see the league continue. now lets get out there and recruit, and get a full stable of gm's

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 11:51:37 PM »

I'm down for whatever keeps this thing alive.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: