SSBA
April 29, 2024, 06:22:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Controlled Teams FA Decisions  (Read 5992 times)
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

Consider it an Allan Houston contract...you got teams that want to latch on to a star player even if there career is on the downside. I say we mov eon and let it go...otherwise we get the Barkley fiasco of last season...as well as when I got screwed out of Oyedije because I cut him when I signed a guy that was given to someone else due to a "correction". Also it's a normal balance of the league...the CPU teams are typically the worst teams...so it does create some balance. We reward active members with GM points which they can then use to better themselves in the draft, etc...i say keep them on CPU and maybe increase the means of getting GM points. Otherwise this is just a case of it taking 10 years for people who do take on these CPU teams to make them competitive again, no wonder they can never be filled - it's a losing battle.
Point taken.

I'm looking at the options pointed out by Wolves and JazzGM as the most viable option right now. This would be easier for us to move on. TC will be around noon today.

However, can we agree on a possible solution as to what to do with these teams when it comes to FA in the succeeding seasons, with cnsideration as to what happened here. Leave it under CPU control or just sign minimum FA to fill their roster spot?

GLORY DAYS!
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:50 AM »

I dont mind them being 1 year contracts. I think it rewards GMs in the league giving them another crack next year.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

If I was joining the ssba and taking over a CPU controlled team, I would be kinda upset that my best player's contract was cut for the benefit of everyone else, when it could have been a nice trading option (or the fact that they could use GM points to buy down the contract).

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
NuggetsGM
Scout

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:15 AM »

can some please explain the situation of the pacersteam to me. they should be on cpu control if i am right still they can't get anyone to sign?
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »

If I was joining the ssba and taking over a CPU controlled team, I would be kinda upset that my best player's contract was cut for the benefit of everyone else, when it could have been a nice trading option (or the fact that they could use GM points to buy down the contract).
yes, but would it intrigue you to join if you have a big lucrative contract on your team? Just saying that this is super overpaid. coz it reaches 19 million.

anyway, I've simmed day 5 already and will look consider the 1-year deal as well as living it as is.

If anyone is opposed to any of the 2 options, please speak now. Very Happy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:42:05 PM by MagicGM » Logged

GLORY DAYS!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: