SSBA
May 11, 2024, 01:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nets/Pistons Complete Trade - processed  (Read 2180 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 18, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

Nets Trade:
#3 pick
Eric Williams

For:
Samuel Dalembert

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 06:43:47 PM »

Ah ha, this is why the Nets wanted the 3rd pick.

Not sure Sammy was worth a 3rd overall pick though.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

Sault_town_pimp@hotmail.com Iverson2Korver43
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 06:46:01 PM »

I accept...  I was hesitant on trading Dalembert, but I gained depth at SF/SG and will gladly draft Oscar Ferry...
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:48:11 PM »

Ferry is a beast, and will help you win now. Good trade for you.

Wondering who will be picked at the 4 now. I'm garunteed one of 3 good players at the 5.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »

Value wise, I probably gave up too much.  But I think Dalembert is 10x better fit than Boozer, and provides more of what I need than Ferry.

One of my priorities in the offseason was getting rid of Boozer.  I love him.  He's going to be a superstar.  I truely believe that.

But he was a horrible fit on my team.  Not only with both he and Okafor looking to score inside, but I had a midget frontcourt.  6'10" and 6'9" to me didn't constitute long term success.  Adding Pettit's scoring, combined with hopeful improvement of Okafor, would only lower the stats of Boozer on this team, and lower his trade value.

So then it came down to Ferry vs. Dalembert.  Ferry's most likely going to be the better overal player.  Having 2 players with A- inside scoring would be a clusterbleep.  There's not that much room in the paint.  

Instead, I needed a top of the line defender and rebounder.  I have 2 players who should be a 20+ ppg scorers for the next decade.  I have a great inside outside combo.  I need roleplayers.  And Dalembert's one of the best roleplayers in the league.  

There are very few big men in the league that make the step from A- defense to A.  Very few that could average 3+ bpg for a career.  Look at the draft.  Not one prospect with A defense.  Not one prospect with higher than a B rebounding (and only one with even a B).  Let alone one with a combination of those 2 attributes.  Look at free agency.  No PF or C with an A defense.  Nobody with higher than a B rebounding.  Only 3 with even an A- and a B combination.

They don't come around often.  And I don't need him to score more than 10 ppg.

With Dalembert and Okafor I could have a 6'11" and 6'10" pf/c combo that could both have A defense.  IMO there are two keys to success in this league, defense from the c position and handling from the pg position.

I was actually trying to trade Boozer for Dalembert straight up.  Pistons needed a C, not a pf.  I ended up getting Dalembert for Boozer as well as Daniels (whom I believe can start, again, roleplayer).

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:58:14 PM »

Daniels is capable of starting, for sure. He led me to within one game of the ECF. And he's cheap too.

And I think Boozer will be a superstar too. Might not be this year, but after Finley leaves, look out.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 07:04:05 PM »

Yeah, Boozer fits in perfectly with you.  This puts less of a burden on Mihm (who scored inefficiently).  It allows boozer more room in the paint than he had with Okafor.  It allows Boozer to rebound (one of the few in the league with an A- or better rebounding rating), and Mihm to go for blocks.

But there are quite a few scorers on that team.  Should be interesting.  One thing, Boozer's a very good passer, which should help out with Finley and Vince.

East is LOADED with great frontcourts.  Sixers with TD and Skinner.  Pistons with Ferry and Murphy.  Hawks with Tanner and Swift.  Raptors with Mihm and Boozer.  Nets with Dalembert and Okafor.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 07:06:26 PM »

I love the depth I have too, with Ostertag, who proved himself to be a double double machine Smile

I do have a loaded F/C, but the backcourt with Finley, Carter and my draft choice is hell-a-good too. I think I have a Championship team.

CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 07:28:10 PM »

OK then, never mind my comment about the other trade. But here, I think you could have gotten a tad more along with Dalembert.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 03:14:24 AM »

Isnt Daly a FA this offseason?

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 09:50:51 AM »

No, he signed an extension.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 08:50:17 AM »

Nice....  In competition for the best frontcourt in the league now, with Tanner and Swift...  Glad you guys are in the East.. lol

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: