SSBA
May 11, 2024, 03:01:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bucks - Sonics Trade and Bucks - Warriors Trade - processed  (Read 5780 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 02:24:43 PM »

No, you still need to separate it into multiple 2-team deals like they did.

However, if the trade doesn't work as 2 separate deals (as theirs did), but did work as one 3-team deal (as theirs did), and you prove that to me (as they did), then I will make concessions to allow it to work (as I did by allowing santiago to be combined with barry).

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 02:48:20 PM »

Now that the trade is done, lets analyze this sucker.. lol

As the Warriors GM, I am thrilled to get Barry.  He is a great back-up SG, and a pretty good back-up PG for me (when you compare him to Derek Fisher  Mad  )  His great outside shooting will help one of my biggest weaknesses, 3 pt shooting.
The Sonics continued their dismantle, and will have less then 5 million dollars in contracts on the books...  They could possible sign 3 max free agents  Shocked
The Bucks replace KVH with a player who is almost as talented, but costs a bit less.  And they will have enough room to make an offer (max or near max) for a free agent next year as well.  And still make some noise in the playoffs this year.

Win win for all, I would have to say...

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
BucksGM
GMs
Coach

zugga904 zugga1
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 05:21:43 PM »

WarriorsGM pretty much summed it up for me.

The offensive ratings were nearly the same, with KVH a tick better outside.  Sheed's A- defense is an upgrade and I already have the #2 overall offense.

KVH is a free agent in the offseason and a ton of teams have a ton of space.  I figured since the two players were so similar that Sheed's contract will be either about the same or lower than what KVH gets in free agency.  

So now I've got Redd/Sheed/Iguodala/Joe Smith/Kenny Thomas locked in and I've got about 34 million in salaries next year.  That core should already be competitive and now I can try to add something to it without worrying about my own All Star free agent.
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »

Sonics have 2.7 million locked up in Carlos Delfino and Tayshaun Prince next year.

I have plenty of options, as my team stays very competitive this year with Zydrunas, Karl Malone, KVH, Prince and Payton set as my starting five.

I can do any of the following now: (especially if I maintain my good winning percentage)

Sign three (maybe four) max-type players.

Sign a bunch of good players at 5-7 million per.

Sign a max guy or two, and build through the next few FA periods.

Oh the options.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: