SSBA
May 11, 2024, 07:55:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulls/Clippers Deal - processed  (Read 2886 times)
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2005, 07:58:03 AM »

Clippers Trade:

Kaman
Jaric
Wilcox
Clippers 06 1rst, 2nd Rounder
Clippers 07 second rounder
Clippers 08 first rounder

Bulls Trade:

Gordan
Chandler
07 1rst rounder

My reason:  Gordan and Chandler are great players, but with the Clippers on a major losing streak and their schedule getting no better, their pick will end up top 5-7 with a chance to go higher.  This draft is DEEP and having 2 potential top 5 picks could easily replace Chandler and Gordan.  The players I recieved were pretty good as well, Kaman is a pretty goo g center makin good money, and Jaric/Wilcox aer decent rotation players.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 09:06:19 AM »

pete pieve, his name is ben gordon

Wink

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 09:31:34 AM »

Quote from: BullsGM
Clippers Trade:

Kaman
Jaric
Wilcox
Clippers 06 1rst, 2nd Rounder
Clippers 07 second rounder
Clippers 08 first rounder

Bulls Trade:

Gordan
Chandler
07 1rst rounder

My reason:  Gordan and Chandler are great players, but with the Clippers on a major losing streak and their schedule getting no better, their pick will end up top 5-7 with a chance to go higher.  This draft is DEEP and having 2 potential top 5 picks could easily replace Chandler and Gordan.  The players I recieved were pretty good as well, Kaman is a pretty goo g center makin good money, and Jaric/Wilcox aer decent rotation players.

dude, ever realized how the clipps team would improve after this deal?  If they would be lucky ( or would not match my team in any of his sims Very Happy JK )they might even run for the top 4 spot in the west.

Chandler
Brand
Maggette
Gordon
Livingston

That would be one of the most talented teams in the league.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:01:46 AM »

I agree to the deal.

Sixers GM. I don't agree. I was in a playoff spot about 3 sims ago. Have you noticed I went like 4-15 or something like that since then?! And did you look at my schedule.... Kings, Mavs, Rockets and more like that coming up. To top that, I have more road games coming up. If you look at last 10 games (possibly more) I have the worst record in the league.
Also my schedule has all games packed! What about 15 games in 15 days? And a tough 6 game road trip (in 6 days) coming up!

I do think that I will have a strong lineup in a couple years (like 3 years from now when those players are between 22 and 27 years old).
For this and next year... don't expect too much. They are way too young and I learned that having a young team in this league is very hard for road games. I am 8 - 20 on the road!

Giving up Kaman was tough because I wanted him as a career center. I would not need a high scoring center next to Brand, so Kaman would have fit in that role perfectly. Anyway gotta give to get... same with all the picks!

Great example of a true dynasty!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:06:13 AM »

Quote from: ClippersGM
I agree to the deal.

Sixers GM. I don't agree. I was in a playoff spot about 3 sims ago. Have you noticed I went like 4-15 or something like that since then?! And did you look at my schedule.... Kings, Mavs, Rockets and more like that coming up. To top that, I have more road games coming up. If you look at last 10 games (possibly more) I have the worst record in the league.
Also my schedule has all games packed! What about 15 games in 15 days? And a tough 6 game road trip (in 6 days) coming up!

I do think that I will have a strong lineup in a couple years (like 3 years from now when those players are between 22 and 27 years old).
For this and next year... don't expect too much. They are way too young and I learned that having a young team in this league is very hard for road games. I am 8 - 20 on the road!

Giving up Kaman was tough because I wanted him as a career center. I would not need a high scoring center next to Brand, so Kaman would have fit in that role perfectly. Anyway gotta give to get... same with all the picks!

Dude..

Have you seen gordon and chandler's stats? They are pretty impressive.
You're not that far away from the play-offs. The team you have right now can cruise you through the play-offs.

And kaman, have poor ratings and did not have any double digits in his stats.

Anyway, i think its a nice deal for both team. Especially if the clipps pick could give the bulls a guy who could replace gordon.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 10:12:37 AM »

It is a very strong offensive lineup, with good rebounding...
But, that starting lineup is bad defensively.  Brand and Chandler are good, but the other 3, not so much.  All C+'s...
As long as Livingston and Gordon get higher then their C+ ratings, the Clips could be very dangerous in the future.  But it will take some time..

The Bulls were young, and are now even younger... lol
The Bulls offseason should be very, very interesting...

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 10:16:02 AM »

Quote from: SixersGM

Dude..

You're not that far away from the play-offs. The team you have right now can cruise you through the play-offs.

Anyway, i think its a nice deal for both team. Especially if the clipps pick could give the bulls a guy who could replace gordon.

Yes of course I have seen their stats. Think I would make a deal just by guessing? I know they are good. But I don't think you know enough about my team and about how they are doing. And I am sure you don't know about my upcoming schedule! You also don't know enough about Kaman. He might not become the scorer Chandler is, but he is a perfect center to have in a team where he don't need to be very productive. He will average a double double. Good centers are hard to get... Kaman is one.
I agree with you on the last part. I think it is a fair deal and will help both teams. Both teams are talented, but are some years away from contending.

SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 10:19:37 AM »

Quote from: ClippersGM
Quote from: SixersGM

Dude..

Yes of course I have seen their stats. Think I would make a deal just by guessing? I know they are good. But I don't think you know enough about my team and about how they are doing. And I am sure you don't know about my upcoming schedule! You also don't know enough about Kaman. He might not become the scorer Chandler is, but he is a perfect center to have in a team where he don't need to be very productive. He will average a double double. Good centers are hard to get... Kaman is one.
I agree with you on the last part. I think it is a fair deal and will help both teams. Both teams are talented, but are some years away from contending.

Speaking of good centers, I would like to announce that im shopping a good center.

Brian Skinner
B- inside A-Defense B Rebounding B Potential
12.6ppg 9.6rpg 1.1spg 1.2bpg

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 10:23:03 AM »

now that they've both agreed, I'll comment.

If the Clippers re-sign chandler, I think it's about even.  If not, I think the Bulls got the far better of the deal.  It's a risk.

Chandler's obviously a very valuable piece, and should look good next to brand.  He's probably worth more than the Clippers pick, and thus it works for them if they get him re-signed.

But until Gordon improves his defense, I don't think he's a viable starter in this league.  I think he can and will improve his defense, but it's not definite.  So if chandler walks, I don't think Gordon's worth anywhere near that pick.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 10:40:15 AM »

I agree with Nets GM. This is a big risk that I took. I know this makes my team very talented. But in the worst case scenario Chandler walks and Gordon does not improve much. That would **** big time. But oh well... I am the Clippers right... so nobody would be surprised about having bad years to come right?!  Confused

Of course I would prefer a better scenario where I keep Chandler and Gordon becomes a star SG. That would set up my team to contend in about 3 years! Better watch out then!

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 10:51:10 AM »

Oh, I think Chandler will resign...  
He is from CA, so that should help.  And it is not Sterling we are talking about as the owner..lol

I look forward to watching Biedrins and Chandler go at it for the next few years...  Should be a fun matchup.

I just wonder how a 7'1" 235lb player will handle playing center...

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 11:04:33 AM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
Oh, I think Chandler will resign...  
He is from CA, so that should help.  And it is not Sterling we are talking about as the owner..lol

I look forward to watching Biedrins and Chandler go at it for the next few years...  Should be a fun matchup.

I just wonder how a 7'1" 235lb player will handle playing center...

Yep, same thought here!

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 01:16:04 PM »

I think this was a great trade for both teams.

Oh and by the way Nets, it's PET PEEVE, not "pete peive"

That's MY pet peeve.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 03:41:27 PM »

Yeah, SixersGM I don't think you know what you're talkin about man  Smile  Wink

ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 06:37:35 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM
It is a very strong offensive lineup, with good rebounding...
But, that starting lineup is bad defensively.  Brand and Chandler are good, but the other 3, not so much.  All C+'s...
As long as Livingston and Gordon get higher then their C+ ratings, the Clips could be very dangerous in the future.  But it will take some time..

The Bulls were young, and are now even younger... lol
The Bulls offseason should be very, very interesting...

As long as I score more than the other team... there is no problem with the defense!  Laughing  Laughing  
Seriously, I know about that, so we have to try and solve that problem in the future. Start picking a defensive player in the draft..... oh that's right, no 06 pick!  Laughing

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: