SSBA
May 07, 2024, 09:04:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Sixers 2006/07 Season Thread  (Read 19466 times)
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2006, 10:03:48 AM »

Nothing's fallin apart. We had this one in our bag, it was just a one lucky shot by Bosh. He'll never hit that again in his entire life. Gods just don't like us.

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 10:21:22 AM »

you did ?

from what i see the Raptors pretty much led from the 1:30 minute mark, and that Bosh shot only broke a tie, nothing more. And even if he doesn't make it you get a long rebound with like 3 seconds remaining. calling that "in our bag" is like predicting a title for the Sixers ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 10:27:28 AM »

We were leading for the most of 4th and the game was tied until lucky shot by Bosh. Had he missed we would have won the game.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 10:54:23 AM »

Had he missed we would have won the game.

Had Mr. JayWill not turned his life upside down with his motorcycle stunt we would not have Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefalosha and would a) never have made the playoffs since and b) still stuck in mediocrity.

Had a certain guy accepted the results of a country wide vote we would have a peaceful world, 9/11 would be some fashion brand, and the global climate would be a whol lot better ...

Had ...

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »

He never HAD A 3 PT IN HIS LIFE!!!!

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »

He never HAD A 3 PT IN HIS LIFE!!!!

Thats not true. Bosh hit a 3pter at the buzzer in his rookie season to send the game to OT vs the Rockets
And he hit a 3 earlier that game. Its something he worked on over the summer. He was draining them in the World Championships too.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:30 PM »

Bosh is a career 25% shooter from deep, was at 8-24 for .333 in the first 2 career years before going 0-13 last season. This year he's a respectable 2-3 ... and made both against the Sixers. That said, let me check who he scored the other 8 against in his career, I have a weird suspicion ...

Laughing

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:51 PM »

Bosh is a career 25% shooter from deep, was at 8-24 for .333 in the first 2 career years before going 0-13 last season. This year he's a respectable 2-3 ... and made both against the Sixers. That said, let me check who he scored the other 8 against in his career, I have a weird suspicion ...

Laughing

I fully agree his career hasnt shown the ability to shoot a lot of 3s or have a good %
However he said going into training camp he really worked on his long range shooting and was adding a 3 point shot to his arsenal, so Raptor fans arent surprised that he can shoot it now. Last year his best shot was about 18-20ft out so a couple more feet shouldnt be that unfathomable.

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »

I was just exagerating. My point was when you get beaten on a 32 foot shot by a 6'10 player with a hand in his face that's nothing more then a bad luck. Plain and simple. I would have no problems had Moris Peterson or any other guard droped that 3 or something like that, but to lose a game like that is just devastating.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 04:51:38 PM »

I think its heart-wrenching to lose by a shot like that from anyone. The worst I have seen/felt was when the Raptors were up by 2 over the Nets last year and Carter hit a TRUE 32 footer as the buzzer sounded to win it. The same game he slapped Mo Pete in the face and Mo got ejected.
The 32ft by Bosh is a big time exagerration, he was very close to the 3pt line when he released the shot. I would put it as a 26 footer MAX.

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 05:00:21 PM »

The worst I have seen/felt was when the Raptors were up by 2 over the Nets last year and Carter hit a TRUE 32 footer as the buzzer sounded to win it.

You were probably thinking the same thing when Iggy released that last shot. Wink

And speaking of Iggy, i'm getting more and more depressed with him.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »

I think the problem with Iggy is he is being forced into a role bigger than his worth. He is a great defender and average offensive player, however because Philly has no more than 5 players who deserve consistent playing time, he is forced into more touches than his skillset allows.

And come on, whats up with Ollie? You are telling me the 6ers are better with Ollie on the court than Rodney Carney?

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2006, 05:58:34 PM »

before bashing the Sixers in his NBA preview, Billy Simmons had this to say on PGs:
(http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/part1/061101)

"6. Revenge of the young point guards
You can pencil the following 25-and-under players as starters or solid rotation guys at the very least: Chris Paul; Shaun Livingston; Rajon Rondo and Bassy Telfair; T.J. Ford and Jose Calderon; Ray Felton; Deron Williams; Jarrett Jack; Tony Parker (you forget, he's only 24); Mo Williams and Leandro Barbosa (two hybrid guards, but whatever); Devin Harris; Jameer Nelson; Kirk Hinrich; Vassilis Spanoulis; Luke Ridnour; Marcus Williams (yes, the Laptop Guy); and possibly, Jordan Farmar (let's throw him in here because he'll be stealing Smush Parker's job before Christmas). That's a whopping 19 young point guards who look exceedingly competent -- at worst -- heading into the upcoming season.

So not only is the game becoming faster and more fan-friendly, but there's a sudden abundance of young guards ready to help push that evolution along. It's like the perfect storm. Five years from now, you will never, ever, EVER see the likes of Kevin Ollie or Eric Snow starting in this league. There's no way a team could afford to take the offensive hit. This is a good thing. Andohbytheway, the adage that you shouldn't trade big for small has taken a major hit over the past two seasons. If you don't have one of these guards who can get into the paint, you're missing out. It's the single best way to take advantage of the new rules."

that words must truly hurt ...
 Moon

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 06:52:30 PM »

I think the problem with Iggy is he is being forced into a role bigger than his worth. He is a great defender and average offensive player, however because Philly has no more than 5 players who deserve consistent playing time, he is forced into more touches than his skillset allows.

Exactly. I doubt he'd crack starting five on just about any decent team outhere. Hence, the expectations and unrealistic pretensions. But since the Sixers have barely 5 players of playin a decent ball so he's put in a role that just doesn't fit to him. He'll never be a great, or even good offensive player, i can see that by his body movement. Oh, and i won't even talk about his (non) desire and passivnes. As far as his defense is concern, i think he's overated. Way overated.

And come on, whats up with Ollie?

Ask Billy King. As i said, i really can't, no, i refuse to belive that they aren't capable of bringing a bigger and better PG. I just can't.

You are telling me the 6ers are better with Ollie on the court than Rodney Carney?

Well that has nothing to do with Carney. Carney isn't a pg and with Ollie out means AI is at pg again and i don't like that. Sure, he's definitely capable of putting a monstrous numbers playin the point but i don't want him taking all the pressure and wasting his energy on being a playmaker, bringing the ball up the court and also be a first option on offense. I would rather have solid PG who's gonna work for AI. So, the real question would be, are the 6ers better with GREEN on the court than Carney. That's the question. Carney should have ALL of his minutes and Green should be traded.

Man, with just couple of moves, just some smaller additions, this team would be good, really good. Decent pg ala Jaric (who'd be a great fit for AI i belive) and some stable banger inside (someone like Przybilla, Foster, heck, even Danny Fortson) is all i'm askin.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »

Should of never took Carney in the first place if they're playing AI at SG.  M.Williams or Rondo would be nice.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: