SSBA
May 18, 2024, 11:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic-Celtics [sorry pacers]  (Read 20568 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:46 AM »

haha, yes, I have to agree once again ... unfortunately.

I'm guilty.

I have no idea why you take my jabs at society in general personally, but i sure didn't ride an attack against you or anybody here.

And I have no idea why you still believe I want MY deal to be done, i think i've posted numerous time that the correct decision has been made ... because i didn't know all the facts ... and that it's ok. It's just a little battle between Pacers and myself for SSBA supremacy in Austria now, nothing more.

All I say, and let me CAPS this, is that IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD AT LEAST ASK THE TRADE PARTNER NOT TO POST A PREARRANGED DEAL for this or that reason, and if the other guy at least LISTENED to you. No RIGHT-2-UNDO a deal, no change of rules, just polite and friendly talk ... which will mostly end in a "NO", but hey, at least you did ask ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »

lo and behold I am here. read third paragraph starting below for being mum.

first anD foremost, i believe we were always told what has been agreed on the completed trade boards is the deal.

Hey, it's ok, and i'm at peace with everything now (except for the Pacers running away with a title, but i'll take care of that later), and there's no need for bad blood between you and anybody.

You told me you had agreed to something with expirings, and mentioned something about a mid-season deal of Dwight you had told the Pacers was an option too ... which i took as a straw that "no deal has been finalized yet"

Just a misunderstanding on my part, and it's been clarified now.

We can all go on with our lives here.

Oh, and once again, thanks for letting me out of that other prearranged deal. Sometimes asking helps indeed ...
Smile

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 10:46:06 AM »

This is going to be my last post on this subject. 

Tom: Most people do not like posts where they are accused of not to be able to understand something and being inferior based on the geographic region they live in.  Trying to paint 300 million people in one brush and using it as part of an argument and an attack is wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

Once trades are agreed to, you cannot go back on your word.  If you agree to a trade, then find a better offer, you are not getting screwed.  You have made the decision to accept the trade, you have decided this was the best move for you, and it has been done under your own power.  If someone then offers you a better deal, it's not that you've been screwed, it's that you made a mistake.  It's entirely in your own hands.  Conversely, if someone agrees to a trade, then backs out of it, the other party is screwed.  Once a trade agreement has been reached, there are irreversible events that happen.  The other trade partner takes his player off the market, and cancels any outstanding discussions.  The player (possibly) signs players to complete the deal, and the player makes other personnel moves based on the completed trade.  If the deal is rescinded by the other party, they have been screwed, and it is completely out of their control.  Letting people back out of their agreed to deals would be a terrible precedent to set.  Once you say "I agree", which is a decision you made, then events transpire which are irreversible. 

See, here in America, we value commitments that we make.  I guess in Europe you wouldn't understand this.

(See, I can make broad derogatory insults based on culture and ethnicity too.  Aren't I special!)

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »

I regret having offended the US as a whole here ... since even if how the world sees the US is valid in general, there are probably 100 million people that are the exact opposite ... especially all the friends here at SSBA, I would like to appologize to.

topic closed from my side too.

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »

first anD foremost, i believe we were always told what has been agreed on the completed trade boards is the deal.

That's incorrect. We've always had the rule that once a GM accepts on offer, whether on the completed trades thread or via PM, that his acceptance is binding. It is arguable that since the Pacers did not actually have the players, that trade could not be accepted -- but I agree with Bods's policy argument as to why that argument shouldn't be accepted.

If this kind of unfortunate situation should arise again we should get all of the PMs together and make a determination as to whether an offer has been accepted, as your statement about Finley is troubling... But I suppose that train has left the station...

I would admonish (in my capacity as "Global Moderator"  Wink) the Magic to be more careful in his language in the future. A blanket "I agree" is pretty strong.

(btw, if the international perception of the modern-day US is on target, I don't expect you Americans to understand one iota of what i'm talking about here ...)
 Cheers

I personally have let people back out of deals after they've accepted them. So yes, you're right, I don't understand your perspective... No wait, yes I do -- I believe your argument runs: "I don't believe in understanding and mutual respect, but I think you should so I can get what I want." What a "dreamer." 
Cheers
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »

thanks for supporting my dream, but as I said earlier, topic closed.

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »

For you, maybe, but I don't see any lock on this thread.
I wasn't going to let myself be insulted without saying something about it (and no, your "you Americans" was not just a "jab at society in general" -- it was aimed at the Americans on this board who were arguing against you.)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »

no, it was clearly not directed against anyone on this board. We'ver had some good (political) discussions here and I hold the US guys here in high esteem.

It was just a poor comment towards your society, perfect to make a complete fool out of myself.

In fact, that ME FIRST attitude has nothing to do with the US, but society i general, I believe. But that's a discussion that has little to do with sim leagues and trading in those, so let's end it and move towards basketball again ... before we get to sociologically/philosophically ... and IVAN joins in.
 Cheers

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »

Tom get some sleep. You've been here all day long talking about WW2, 4th Reich, bombarding of Iraq and all that.

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »

Ah, where would we all be without SSBA? Probably beating a dog or something. This is much healthier.  Very Happy
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »

Ah, where would we all be without SSBA? Probably beating a dog or something. This is much healthier.  Very Happy

lol, I'd have nothing to read on my 2 hour break between classes.  I'd be stuck in the cafe gorging myself with pizza.  I could read my textbooks, but my major is Recreation Management, it isn't very difficult.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »

ah, finally we're back at SSBA.

btw, watch "The Decline Of The American Empire" if you can, it's marvellous. A canadian movie by Denys Arcand, from 1986. The main topic is sex, of course, but it's a good one about what's wrong in our society. Nearly 20 years old and still valid.

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »

from 1986...Nearly 20 years old and still valid.

I guess Math isn't something austrian's are taught.

But I wouldn't expect you Austrian's to be able to understand that Laughing

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

damn, we're in 2007 already ? time flies ...
Smile

I'm just a tad hesitate to move all clocks forward here in Austria. Imagine the effect this could have on the Pacers team (located here too). They might age within minutes ... and I don't wanna be responsible for this, that shortly after DwightGate.
Wink

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2007, 03:53:38 PM »