SSBA
May 06, 2024, 08:57:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic-Celtics [sorry pacers]  (Read 20520 times)
PacersGM
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »

and if this trade goes trough it has to wait till day 31 because mark can´t be traded before this day.

restrictions are enforced on extensions? this is a first for me

Nuggets is correct.  Mark is eligible to be traded at any time.
sorry guys mark was traded from the heat to the magic on day 170. therefore he can´t be traded for 60 days. this has nothing to do with getting an extension.
PacersGM
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 01:33:40 PM »

i would be interested too how you can have an agreed deal with players you don't even have.

how do you know what kind of deal i have with the magic? last time i checked you were the celticsgm.
and even if you are right you could have waited at least till my deal didn´t occur because i can´t sign the neccessary FA.
There was no need imo to post the deal now.
PacersGM
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 01:42:04 PM »

Imagine I message someone with cap space.  "Offer this guy this contract, let's do a sign and trade, and I'll trade you these players".  If the guy with cap space goes through and signs those players, then the other GM backs out, he's completely screwed.  He's now wasted his cap space, on players he didn't want, to contracts he didn't want.  Now imagine if a GM agrees to re-sign his previous players to expiring contracts, goes over the hard cap in the process, and then the other GM backs out.  The GM signing the players now lost a draft pick because of the dishonesty of the other GM.

Now, neither of these situations played out in this case because the trade was canceled before day 1 was run, but these are very real scenarios.  I'm very big on setting the correct precedent.  The deal was laid out, and was agreed to that Pacers would have to do a sign and trade.  Magic agreed to this.  Letting someone back out of an agreed to sign and trade deal would be the wrong decision.

Pacers/Magic deal is upheld.  This deal subsequently cannot happen because Dwight has already been traded.

another case also has to be considered. because of my deal with magic i couldn´t make other trades as well. several of my players out in this deal and my cap space prevented me from making any other move.
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 01:44:13 PM »

This is pretty much a no-brainer in this league. When the Magic agreed to his deal with the Pacers, he implicitly agreed to wait for the FA signing.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »

well, I'm sure the Pacers could tell us what the deal is here: He will try to resign as many FAs to expirings
i would be interested too how you can have an agreed deal with players you don't even have.

how do you know what kind of deal i have with the magic? last time i checked you were the celticsgm.
and even if you are right you could have waited at least till my deal didn´t occur because i can´t sign the neccessary FA.

yes, i'm the Celtics GM. And all I know is that I made an offer to the Magic which he accepted.

He told me you were TRYING to sign a lot of FAs to match the 29 million in salaries, and here you come and state you can't even be sure you will be able to sign as many as you need. That is a done deal? Where one party gives "some expirings I hope to sign first that can be between 2 and 5 people that will be named later". That's you call a done deal here ???

Ridiculous.

I'm sorry my offer apparently beat your fictional proposal, but nothing more is it you made here.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »

oh, and I would LOVE, absolutely LOVE to see someone sign Shane Wedge to a $13.140.000 mill 2yr deal.
I wonder how long the Magic would have to uphold this joke of a deal then.

When would HE be entitled to go on with his life as Magic GM ? On FA day 3 (assuming you can't make the necessary signings which you wouldn't), after day 5 (when you still fail), on day 41 when you finally manage to make the necessary deal for expirings?

What if you can never get it done this season. Is he committed forever ?

The standards, the bar for what is a deal and what is a proposal has been lowered to an unbelievably low level now.
 Bash

Oh, and good luck on winning another title. I'm sure an 68-14 team that has won more games than anybody else in the last 2 seasons couldn't have contended without another MVP on it's team.
 Hail

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 04:36:04 PM »

well, I'm sure the Pacers could tell us what the deal is here: He will try to resign as many FAs to expirings

yes, i'm the Celtics GM. And all I know is that I made an offer to the Magic which he accepted.

He told me you were TRYING to sign a lot of FAs to match the 29 million in salaries, and here you come and state you can't even be sure you will be able to sign as many as you need. That is a done deal? Where one party gives "some expirings I hope to sign first that can be between 2 and 5 people that will be named later". That's you call a done deal here ???

Ridiculous.

I'm sorry my offer apparently beat your fictional proposal, but nothing more is it you made here.

You answered your own question in the post.

"yes, i'm the Celtics GM. And all I know is that I made an offer to the Magic which he accepted."

Only three people have seen the PM's.  Me, Magic and Pacers.  I'm not sure how you can call it a fictional proposal when you admit you haven't seen it.

Sign and trades have always been enforced.  This is no different because it affects you.

When would HE be entitled to go on with his life as Magic GM ? On FA day 3 (assuming you can't make the necessary signings which you wouldn't), after day 5 (when you still fail), on day 41 when you finally manage to make the necessary deal for expirings?

It's pretty obvious.  When the players Pacers and Magic agreed to are no longer obtainable in the FA market, the deal is no longer binding.

What if you can never get it done this season. Is he committed forever ?

As I said, sign and trade deals are not new here.  We've been doing them for what, 16 sim seasons?  Just because it affects your team doesn't make it a special case.

The standards, the bar for what is a deal and what is a proposal has been lowered to an unbelievably low level now.

Nope.  Sign and trades have always been a part of this league.

It's a shame.  Seeing as you're a commish yourself, I would think you would have the foresight to understand this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:38:09 PM by PistonsGM » Logged

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »

I didn't know specific players were named for the S&T deal.

I was believing the talk between Magic and Pacers was about "getting enough expirings so the deal can work", which is NOT fulfilling the requirements for a done deal IMO.

If it's a specific deal with named players, that's something different, and I have no problem accepting that.

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »

case closed for now ... from my side

WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

I think it doesnt matter if players are named specifically or not. If MagicGM gives his written/verbal agreement that he will wait until Pacers attempts to fulfill the salary matching through FA, then he is binded to that until Pacers either successfully or unsuccessfully fulfills his end of the agreement. IMO he should have stated to Celtics that "if my current trade does not work out over the course of FA, then I will do this".

I can see how Tom can be irritated by this, Magic obviously led him on quite handily here. I have been on this end of it before as well, where another GM sort of screws you over, its not a good feeling.

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
CavsGM
GMs
GM

ebball12289
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »

Magic should have just PM'd Pacers and explained to him everything, instead of just going ahead and posting this deal first without saying anything. I'm not saying that would make it right, but I personally hate finding out that a deal with someone else is dead when I see another trade posted. It's just common courtesy, that's all. If Magic did all that, he might have actually gotten away with it...
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »

normally i would challenge that trade and let the comunity decide what to do but i am too involved into it so i let bods decide what to do with this.

quite funny: when the topic was my Orlando Woolridge contract extension you didn't give a shit on bods opinion (supporting the extension to be allowed)

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »

I think it doesnt matter if players are named specifically or not. If MagicGM gives his written/verbal agreement that he will wait until Pacers attempts to fulfill the salary matching through FA, then he is binded to that until Pacers either successfully or unsuccessfully fulfills his end of the agreement

Agreed.  An agreement is, well....an agreement.  If you agree to make a deal pending PacersGM finding an expiring in FA, then you've agreed.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 08:12:01 PM »

wow...too many posts to read  Very Happy imo... when one gm or both GM says POST IT then it is final... nothing is really final as long as there is no "POST IT" involve Very Happy

there should be a rule or something...when you say "POST IT"...it would mean a final agreement  Very Happy

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »

there should be a rule or something...when you say "POST IT"...it would mean a final agreement

erm...

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: