SSBA
May 08, 2024, 02:47:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rockets Review  (Read 2683 times)
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »

2024/25 Houston Rockets

Record: 48 - 34
PPG: 99.5
OPPG: 97.0

If, before sim 1, I was told that we would finish in 4th spot in the west I would have laughed my ass off...

Targets for this year were:
#1 Establish what we have in terms of productive/potentially productive youth.
#2 Aquire picks
#3 Challenge for 8th spot in the West

#1 Young Guns
- This year has proven that Roy Tarpley can be an elite power forward in this league, even when players around him are scoring the basketball. Roy has averaged 19.1ppg and 10.9rpg and I am thrilled with his production. One more good Training Camp and he culd be a real force...

- Olden Polynice has shown glimpses of what he can do, with a season high of 21 rebounds when Shane Wedge went down. He also averaged 8.3rpg in only 23minutes. If that potential can take effect he could be the long term solution at Centre I have been looking for. Scoring is not hugely important to me from the 5 spot.

- Muggsy Bogues has shown he is a "safe" bet at the PG position. After a slightly dissapointing Training Camp he has averaged 10ppg and 8apg while getting 2.3 steals. Good numbers, but in this league does your PG need to be a scoring threat as well..? Maybe.

- I am also intrigued by Adam Fortson. An amazing rebounder for his size from the SG spot he has contributed but not as much of a scorer as I would have liked. Percentages were poor but A- outside and defense with B potential make him one to watch out for. Here's hoping for another good TC...

#2 Aqcuire Picks
I would have like to move one of my vets to get my hands on another first this year or next. But, no-one was really biting on Shane Wedge or Wiley Peck.

Kings pick should be around the 7/8th spot in the lotto, here's hoping for some good fortune when the lotto comes round.

Nets and my own pick won't be great but if I can grab a little more potential towards the lower end of the round that would be a bonus.

#3 Challenge for Playoffs
- Well, this one worked out pretty good! 
Laughing
No way was I expecting 4th seed and many will say the Rockets are over-achieving. Maybe, but with youth on our side we may be able to steady the ship and become a regular fixture in the playoffs.

Big Questions:
#1 How long can Zack Profit continue to be our main scoring threat. Should we look to go young now..?

#2 Can Polynice step into Shane Wedge's shoes..? Defensively and on the boards yes... but how much will we miss Shane's Scoring...

#3 (the Biggy) Is Muggsy Bogues consistent enough to be a starting PG in this league..? Should we settle for him as our PG...?

#4 Will TC be kind to us..?

Overall, I'm proud of what we have achieved this year. Hopefully we can maintain this level of performance or even improve with some luck in the off-season. Worse case scenario is that the off-season doesn't go well and we wait for Free Agency next season when Peck is expiring and look to build around the young core again...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:52:41 PM by RocketsGM » Logged
BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 07:24:45 PM »

Well done. Finally an article Smile

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

Well done. Finally an article Smile

I thought it was about time...
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »

Great read, very inspiring.
I guess this will start off again what Ivan once (unsuccessfully) tried to establish.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: