SSBA
May 05, 2024, 12:38:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wizards resign  (Read 2722 times)
WizardsGM-old2
old-gm's
Scout

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »

I spoke to Bods a couple of weeks ago to let him know that I would finish out the current season with the Wiz but would not be returning next season to GM.  I'm trying to trim down some of my online time and the SSBA was the logical choice, I've never really felt the league and I were a good match.

I'd like to thank Todd for tipping me off to this league when I was going through RBA withdrawl.  And big thanks to PacersGM and Bods for all the work they put in to keeping things running smoothly 'round these parts, truly appreciated. 

Good luck to y'all, and I'll see some of you around RBSL and DBSL.  Enjoy the playoffs and the off-season.  Cheers.

*somewhat related matter - you can remove m1ke from the GM waiting list, he's no longer looking for a sim basketball league (KingsGM and I are trying to hook him on the GLB football RPG).  Thanks.

^Click for roster page^
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

hope it's not one of my comments causing you to leave, but anyway, good luck to u ... and at least thanks for trying here

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
NetsGM
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »

Well, that's a shame. I'll scrounge around for a replacement.

See ya round RBSL.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:48:06 AM »

Things do seem a little slow around SSBA lately....we've had the same teams on top for a number of seasons now...heading towards another pacers hornets ecf which is great for those 2 but not so great for the rest of the league, seeing that the Pacers of suddenly become unbeatable by anyone other than the Hornets.

Not saying its a bad thing, it's more of a kudos to those teams that have built the contenders....but there hasn't been alot of excitement around these parts lately. To be honest I'm starting to get a little bored with SSBA and I wonder if any of the other long timers are feeling this way too.

Really, really, really looking forward to seeing how Bods' work on his version of FBB will shake things up around here...

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »

my interest waxes and wanes in every league I'm in. when I feel like I have some work to do on my team then I'm interested -- when I'm finishing near the top then I get bored. Funny how that works. I don't think it's SSBA in particular that's "boring," I think it's just the cycle that all leagues go through.
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:01:24 PM »

Rockets are just starting to assert themselves in SSBA, I've had to live with season after season of inconsistency and now things are just getting interesting.

Although not a huge poster I love this league, my interest has never waned.

One of the few leagues where you can actually get some stuff done without the Commish being present (Buy potential, submit edit and cancel FA offers and draft lists)

SSBA rocks, keep it up!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »

my interest waxes and wanes in every league I'm in. when I feel like I have some work to do on my team then I'm interested -- when I'm finishing near the top then I get bored. Funny how that works. I don't think it's SSBA in particular that's "boring," I think it's just the cycle that all leagues go through.

Yeah, you are probably right. Things are usually more interesting when you are looking at cap space / top picks / major trades. If you have already built a team you like, your interest would wane...

...but I still think Derek's developments will bring more excitment to this league. I am certainly not trying to suggest we need to change anything - I love SSBA as much as anyone does, and I also love the way things run around here - smoothly and on time.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: