SSBA
May 11, 2024, 07:03:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft File  (Read 10747 times)
KnicksGM-old5
GMs
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »

Are we going with the CPU-generated draft class this year?

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure if I am up on things this draft is the replica of the 2006 NBA Draft. Someone could help out by confirming this.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:32:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure if I am up on things this draft is the replica of the 2006 NBA Draft. Someone could help out by confirming this.
I'm assuming it will be considering that this was already discussed back then. But not sure if Spurs and Derek made changes recently.

GLORY DAYS!
NetsGM
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »

OMFG. Is this the final draft preview. Never, ever has there been a better rated player than this guy right here.....

http://rosters.ssbabasketball.com/players/player411.htm

Bounce Bounce Bounce
KnicksGM-old5
GMs
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:18 AM »

OMFG. Is this the final draft preview. Never, ever has there been a better rated player than this guy right here.....

Bounce Bounce Bounce

Holy shit. I have the worst record in the league, but FBB has crazy lotto results. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 08:21:45 AM »

Bounce Bounce Bounce

I know...it is crazy but that is what was generated when I entered his rookie stats.

And I know there will be more complaints coming...either I missed someone's favorite or FBB generated to strong/weak of a player compared to real life.   Screwy
NetsGM
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »

Bounce Bounce Bounce

I know...it is crazy but that is what was generated when I entered his rookie stats.

And I know there will be more complaints coming...either I missed someone's favorite or FBB generated to strong/weak of a player compared to real life.   Screwy
I don't remember his rookie stats being that impressive, but having the Celtics pick and 4th best chances of getting him, you will hear absolutely no complaining from me. He  becomes the clear cut #1 - and with A scouted pot, where that other guy (Gatling?) would have been.

On balance and at first glance, the overall talent of the draft is quite good but about the same as the original CPU generated one - there *were* about 17 guys I liked with a quick scan on the original file, and around that many now, though yeah the top end player is all world. Nice, deep draft for bigs with a couple of potential stars, a couple of very interesting gambles on the wing and a potential star or two, and one very, very good PG.

Am not entirely a fan of seeing the final product after the trade deadline, but I voiced that earlier and was not the consensus or the outcome, so that's all fine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:59:18 AM by NetsGM » Logged
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »

I know it may seem petty to complain about such things - and hey, I'm in the lottery, I have a shot at Barney too [my clear cut fav real-NBA player] - but it is my firm belief that players like that do alot more damage to a league than it may seem. You get a guy with those ratings in the lottery (esp after a 12 point real rookie season) and it changes everyone's mindset, everyone wants to tank and have a chance at the next Barney.

His ratings right now are much too high for SSBA. Much too high. It just doesn't seem right to me that a player can be an MVP candidate in his rookie season. However, the problem CLEARLY lies with FBB and not the SpursGM or anyone else - so we will more-than-happily live with it - and hope to hell we can win the lottery  Thumbs Up

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 10:03:13 AM »

The more I think about it the more I think this should be looked at by the Powers-That-Be in the SSBA.

It seems to me by delaying the ability to see the preview until after sim 12 is to promote an element of realism in the game, no? There seems no other reason to make this so - other than time constraints, of course - so it stands to reason that the preview should have an element of realism as well. Is there a single other A+/A big man in the league, let alone one that shoots A- from outside and has A potential? To me, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Rookies cannot be this good.

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »

Also now that my rant is over I do feel it is my duty to offer to do the draft file from here on out - IF it is a time issue right now for the Spurs and he wants to give it up - I'm not trying to impose myself and would be just as happy to see someone else taking care of it.

But I would like to propose at least a slight change to the system that allows for either the file producer or a vote-by-committee or league to modify some results. Let's be honest here people, FBB fucked up, and 28 other teams are going to pay for it. I'm a Huge Raptors fan. Watched all 82 games of Bargs' rookie season. He wasn't the league's best scorer. He wasn't the league's best rebounder. He wasn't the league's best defender. Given his play and his stats, his ratings should be closer to B- B C C+ B- A.

I guess it's just my personal opinion that we look at this. I think Bargs and those ratings has the potential to lead the league...in everything haha

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:51 PM »

well, did I rant last season about Chris Paul behing the best rookkie ever to come out of the draft ?
forget that, Bargs beats him by a landslide.

In fact we've had just ONE free agent in the history of SSBA with better ratings (MJ in 2026).

Amazing ...
 Smile

(and i'm not even discussing an A+ defense or A rebounding rating for ANDREA BARGNANI. Yup, ANDREA BARGNANI !!)
 Bash

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
BullsGM-old4
GMs
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »

I have the second best shot of getting bargnani and even I can say this is insanity. Either way it is what it is and I know from making draft classes myself that FBB can really make someone more special than they will ever be.
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »

Guys...I called up several different saves and ran Barg's stats in the draft file to generate his ratings.  And it comes up the same every time: B A- C- A+ A.

Once you go down the path of modifying the results then who is to say what are the best ratings for a player?  There are 15 different categories that feed into the 5 ratings.  Which defensive ratings are modified?  Who decides whether Barg's blocking ability or post defense or perimeter defense or stealing ability is what should be adjusted?  And by how much?

Should every GM be allowed to submit their rating choices and then we average the results to get a "correct" rating?

A few seasons ago there were numerous complaints that the drafts were too weak and the league was becoming filled with run of the mill players.  Now that a couple strong draftees have popped up that isn't acceptable either.

IMO if we don't like the ratings that FBB generates based on actual stats then we should just stick with the FBB generated draft and give up trying to modify it every year.
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »

Well I don't think you can just call Barny strong, he has the best ratings in every category....but I do see your point

I guess I'll hope for some lotto luck!

MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 11:31:34 PM »

The more I think about it the more I think this should be looked at by the Powers-That-Be in the SSBA.

It seems to me by delaying the ability to see the preview until after sim 12 is to promote an element of realism in the game, no? There seems no other reason to make this so - other than time constraints, of course - so it stands to reason that the preview should have an element of realism as well. Is there a single other A+/A big man in the league, let alone one that shoots A- from outside and has A potential? To me, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Rookies cannot be this good.

I agree. having a player like that wouldn't do the league any good, IMO. I think Cp3 is alright, especially since Bargs ratings do appear to be way way better than cp3.

BTW, I don't know what type of setting we have when we generate rookies [my 1st time to try fbb] but I only got

C+ A- D+ B- C

on bargs ratings.

stats based here
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bargnan01.html

GLORY DAYS!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: