SSBA
May 16, 2024, 01:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason again?  (Read 2965 times)
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:13:54 AM »

Will we be running another preseason like last year?
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »

i wouldn't mind.

Since I'll have 4 2nd rounders on my roster soon, this will be their only chance for some PT. Only !!!
 Laughing

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »

I hope so...I'd love to put out a starting lineup of 5 rookies

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 05:02:07 PM »

I have nothing against running another pre-season...if Celts doesn't want to do it, it would give me some good practice at putting in DC's anyway.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 05:11:24 PM »

I hope so...I'd love to put out a starting lineup of 5 rookies
If I can find a SG (hey Sonics ... *lol*) I will beat you with a starting lineup of 5 2nd rounders ...
Wink

Hawks, last season I only stepped in because Derek didn't want to do it (which I understand. since most people have completely different lineups you basically start afresh with putting in DCs later for sim 1).
Now you're in charge. If you want me to do it again, tell me, otherwise you can do it yourself.

HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 06:39:03 PM »

I'll do it this time around, just for the practice
WizardsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »

You know you have to save the season as something completely separate then right Hawks? or else you will just end up saving overtop of the real season....

2023 Midwest Division Champs - Nuggets
2023 Western Conference Champs - Nuggets
2024 SSBA Champs - Nuggets
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

You know you have to save the season as something completely separate then right Hawks? or else you will just end up saving overtop of the real season....

yea, I've been working on the new draft file, I have that one saved, so I will have another one.  I can't remember though, last year did we have the same schedule for the pre-seasons days and then basically just re-run them again for the regular season?
MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 11:06:49 PM »

Yea, same schedule for both pre and regular season. 

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 04:41:07 AM »

what you need to do is basically THIS:

You sim everything including draft, free agency, TCs, do "begin seasons" (that's when the schedule is worked out) and process all trades up until day 1 of the regular season. And now BEFORE you put in DCs for sim 1 SAVE the league file and copy it somewhere else (away from the FBB save folder).

My recommendation for preseason is this: Before you put in DCs, SAVE the league file under a different name (like "SSBApre1") but make sure to LOAD it again immediately (otherwise the folder where the HTML files are stored doesn't change). Now put in DC's, and before you sim save it again (if you are doing 2 preseason sims you can go back to this saved version and just input changes in DCs).

After the sim is run do NOT save it again - no need to store preseason results - just "output HTML" (remember, the data is now stored in "leaguedata\ssbapre1") and make the upload to the web site. Last season derek opened a special preseason website which i think is a great idea ("preseason.ssbabasketball.com")

If you plan on doing a 2nd preseason sim, it depends on how you do it. Either you sim days 1-20 for pre1 and 21-40 for pre2 or you sim days 1-20 for BOTH preseasons, that way poeple can easily compare results (btw, I use a minimum of 20-25 days for preseason because otherwise some teams would hardly have played 10 games).
If you decide to sim days 1-20/25 twice i would create subdirectories on that preseason web site (like "pre1" and "pre2") to have BOTH sims up for comparison. If you do the second one from day 21/26 there's no need for subdirectories, just upload the 2nd preseason sim over the first one.

AFTER preseason is finished, immediately copy the original league file back to the save folder and LOAD it, and don't forget to process all trades that have happened after you saved that file. That includes every move during and after preseason. I know some of those you have to process twice, once in preseason and now, but that's less work (and risk) than constantly switching between original and preseason league files.

Also, request that FULL DC's have to be posted for sim 1 since you are basically losing all the preseason DCs, so a "same" only means you have to zap through 2 preseason DC posts (in that case i use cpu rec Wink )

One more advice for simming in general: SAVE. Often and regularly. (Basically i have a save file in my league from after every sim for the whole season, just to be on the save side, but that's just me)

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 05:16:29 AM »

One more advice for simming in general: SAVE. Often and regularly. (Basically i have a save file in my league from after every sim for the whole season, just to be on the save side, but that's just me)

bah.  I had 2 for every sim (before and after) Wink

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »

i mostly have 3 for each sim: before, right before, and after. But i didn't want him to get too confused. And when you calculate storage space costs nowadays it's nothing compared to the safety it provides.

Smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: