SSBA
May 07, 2024, 09:39:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what are we gonna do now ?  (Read 3203 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« on: August 29, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »

let me know what you prefer !

The Nets offered to sim this season, and i would welcome if Bods can still play commish (and i don't think there's a whole lot to do for that) before we can move to the online version.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:50 AM »

Yeah, I also like the idea of NetsGM or some credible GM to do the simming for the mean time. I mean, what harm can it do? Very Happy

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »

I didn't vote but that is because of the options.  I think that this league is a benevolent dictatorship...or in basketball terms: its Bod's ball and he allows us to play.

Waiting 2 weeks for the online version is fine but it puts pressure on Derek and it may not happen in 2 weeks.  A long delay could be harmful to the health of the league imo.

Nets simming is also OK with me...but forcing Bods into the commish role isn't.  See second sentence in this post.

Anyone else simming is also OK with me.  As long as they have an idea of what they are committing to do.  I think it would be best for the league to move forward.

And finally I do care otherwise I wouldn't have been involved for all these (sim) years.
JazzGM-old2
old-gm's
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:21:29 PM »

Keep the ball rolling.
PacersGM
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 01:56:04 PM »

if bods only need 2 weeks to finish his version i will do the offseason simming. that is about the same time he will need. thanks for the kind words.
NetsGM
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »

Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm not getting this huge distinction between simming and commishing? How often do we run into disputes that require mediation that haven't been resolved by the simmer?

I haven't voted either, Spurs makes some salient points, and I'm happy to sim for the season (even though I'm currently going through FA in RBSL and it reminds me of the tediousness of getting into it again right away - but I'm willing to do it for the swell fellas of SSBA, and its really a small thing) or have someone else do it if there's a volunteer - I'm just not willing to vote for myself, that's goofy.

If I didn't mention, this is a pretty busy time for me so I probably wouldn't be simming right on the nose like Pacers was, but I'd get'ter done.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: