SSBA
May 07, 2024, 03:02:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential New Rule: Weight Change  (Read 2646 times)
GrizzliesGM
GMs
GM

n0sajmb
View Profile
« on: August 15, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »

I propose a new rule. Each team should be able to request to change the weight of a historical player on their team to that player's correct weight for their particular age. For instance, Shaq may have started at 250 pounds at 22 but say at 30, he weighed 30o pounds.

I realize that it is time consuming for the commissioner to change each player so I propose each team can change one player each season.

C-Patrick Ewing
PF-Clayton Bender
SF-Ron Harper
SG-Scottie Pippen
PG-Marc Azario
JazzGM-old2
old-gm's
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:26:27 PM »

How about you can pay 500$ to increase/decrease by 5lbs one player, once a year?
SpursGM-old
Global Moderator
GM

bbf78253
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:49:22 PM »

How about you can pay 500$ to increase/decrease by 5lbs one player, once a year?

I could agree with paying for an increase...but 2 years worth of money for 5 lbs?

I think that you should be able to buy in 5 or 10 lb increases but limit it to 25-30 lbs total.  Also limit it to one purchase per year but the cost should be something that someone could afford year after year.  And still have mony left for potential checks or contract extensions.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

I don't think so. I think adjusting this would affect the players game.

I think the fact that we don't adjust player ratings and others do separate this league from the cheap ass leagues. But it would help to have the players have more accurate vitals/

GLORY DAYS!
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 03:45:47 AM »

well, adjusting the weight would affect a player's game, sure, but it doesn't change his ratings. The effects are minimal, in fact, and not always for the better.

I would even go so far to allow each team using like 10lbs (*) to spread around it's own team per (off)season. (like Mahorn -5lbs, Clark +5lbs). For free, of course. This would equal the results of some weightlifting or diet session that players usually put in to gain/lose weight in reality too.

(*) this could be more too, just show me ONE team in real where the players have kept their weight over the course of their career.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
NetsGM
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »

I've been in a league where we had an annual weight room with 10lbs to piss around with each off-season - and it rarely had any impact whatsoever. It's mostly a useless act in terms of player performance.
Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 03:01:34 PM »

I was in a league (NBL I think) when it was 10lbs each pre season

Kinda like a "Hit the weights" or "Put down the fork" option
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:23 AM »

Why fix what aint broken? we have a great system around here, i dont think we need to do anything to add to the SSBA experience

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
WizardsGM-old3
old-gm's
Ast. Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »

Why fix what aint broken? we have a great system around here, i dont think we need to do anything to add to the SSBA experience

Agree 100%. I know I havn't been here too long, but I don't see why we'd mess with a system that's clearly already working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: