SSBA
May 16, 2024, 02:58:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: draft details  (Read 928 times)
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:13:50 PM »

That whole draft details thing is still very difficult for me. I don't really know what to do with it.

For example, I found a senior college player that I would be interested in. But he is not on the draft preview. How could I draft him?

Also last season... I looked at some of the players that I was going to draft. I looked at their attributes (current and potential) but the attributes those players have now in ssba are nowhere near the potential they showed. What's up with that? How does it work?

Great example of a true dynasty!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:45:17 PM »

Well, the old draft preview link is now gone.  It's been replaced by just a link to the FBCB site.  It's not until after the FBCB sim is over (week 6) that we will now the official FBB Draft file.  

If you're talking about the draft preview that was up before today, ignore that draft preview.  That was an FBB generated preview and not taken from the FBCB college program we're now running.  We just hadn't run a sim for that yet (I'll probably change that in future years, run sim 1 of FBCB at the same time I run sim 1 of FBB).

As for the translation of attributes, keep in mind the current and potential listed on the FBCB draft site is for college ratings.  someone who is a B defender at college probably won't translate into a B defender in the pro's.  Someone with a B current perimeter defense and an A potential perimeter defense will still probably start off as a C or so defender who would then have to work on his improvement in TC's.  Also keep in mind that while FBCB lists each potential category separately, FBB does not.  FBB puts all the potential categories together into one potential.  So specific potential abilities for seniors entering the draft is irrelevant when determing how good of a defender he will be.  Potential for guys entering the draft on the FBCB site is really just used to determine if the scouted potential by FBB is correct.  I.e. a guy who has an A scouted potential when the FBB draft file goes up, but has exceeded his potential in every category in the FBCB site probably doesn't truly have an A potential.  But a guy who has an A potential perimeter defense who has declared for the draft doesn't guarantee he will improve defensively.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: