SSBA
May 05, 2024, 01:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft Begins Monday, October 30th!  (Read 1014 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 29, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »

Get your Draft Sheets in! (Submit them here: http://forums.ssbabasketball.com/ssba_pages/draft.php )
Rules: http://kb.ssbabasketball.com/wiki/Draft_%28Rules%29
Preview: http://rosters.ssbabasketball.com/draft/draftplayers-pos.htm
Order: http://rosters.ssbabasketball.com/draftorder.htm

Each team will send me a list of players (via pm). This list will contain the players, in order, that you want to draft. If a player in that list is taken, I simply go to the next player on your list. You only need to include enough players on your list to cover up to your pick. For example, if you have the 10th pick, you only need to include 10 guys, since one of those guys is guaranteed to be there.

For the 2nd round draft picks, please indicate whether you want to exercise the 2nd year option.

You can send modifications of your list to me by 5pm of the day your pick is scheduled to be made. When sending modifications, re-send the entire list (i.e. DON'T say something like "switch this guy and that guy"). When I go to make your pick, I don't want to have to go through 6 different PM's to see your entire list.

The list can be conditional, what I mean by this is that you can say "if Player(s) X is gone, I want to trade my pick to Team X", or "If Player(s) X is available, then I want to trade my pick to Team X". If you have a condition like this in there, then I need a private message from the other team saying that they accept.

If you want to trade draft picks in any other manner, that do not require a condition to be met in order to go through (i.e. do not require a certain player to be available in the draft), then simply post the trades in the Completed Trades forum, in which the other team can reply that they accept the offer.

If you trade for a pick after the end of the playoffs and subsequently do not have room on your roster for any of your draft picks, the salary of the last player drafted will be increased to reflect what would have been the salary of the dropped player.  So, if you acquire a 2nd round pick but forfeit it due to a lack of roster space,  the last player your drafted will have their salary increased $332,817 for the first year and $465,850 for the second year.  This will happen for every forfeited pick.  This is done to prevent teams from “dumping” their unwanted contracts of draft picks on teams with no room left on the roster with no consequence to either team.

Now, there comes an issue that I will be able to see the order that everyone will be drafted, and thus know who will be available when.  This creates an obvious advantage for me as it would allow me to know how to position myself to get the players I want. However, I WILL NOT READ YOUR PM'S UNTIL I RUN YOUR PICK. You can monitor this. If you haven't noticed, go to your private message area. Your "Sentbox" lists private messages you have sent that have been read by the other party. Your "Outbox" contains private messages you have sent that have yet to be read by the other party. By checking these 2 places, you'll know whether or not I have read your messages.

Because I will not be reading private messages until I literally make the selections, I cannot verify that these trades can be made. For example, I cannot verify that you will have a pick in one of 2 years, and if you include players I cannot verify that the salaries will match. Since I can't do it, you HAVE to check yourself. If you include a condition, and the trade doesn't work, the trade will be ignored and you will retain your pick.

If you have not submitted a draft file to me by the time you make a pick, the computer will pick for you. AND THE COMPUTER IS HORRIBLE AT DRAFTING! So get your files to me by the day of your pick, for your own sake.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: