SSBA
May 12, 2024, 11:47:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roster Settings  (Read 1099 times)
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 07, 2005, 12:33:26 PM »

- you must have at least 12 people on your roster before a simulation.
- You can have up to 3 people on your injured reserve.
- Rosters are only changed prior to every simulation.  I cannot change the rosters for specific games.
- Any changes to the roster will not be shown until the next simulation is run.  This includes player signings, cuts, trades, draft picks and positional changes.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 01:18:18 PM »

I downloaded the demo and ran it last night.  Actually won the whole thing with the Nuggets (only big difference being Stromile Swift, who I managed to sign during free agency).  I noticed that players can get hurt for varying amounts of time.

So what happens if say, Carmelo Anthony (or Kobe, or Duncan, or any big player) gets injured the first game, and there are still 5 or so games left during that 10-day span?  It just rotates to their backup?  

For example, Carmelo got hurt for a month during my trial run last night.  I then decided to go big with Camby, Swift, and Martin, and basically changed the whole way the offense functioned.

I know we'll still be able to do this, but I guess my question is this: if a star goes down the first game during the 10-day period, we just have to hope the backups don't kill us for those 5 or so games until we get to the next 10-day period to make changes?  Thanks.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 01:29:09 PM »

So what happens if say, Carmelo Anthony (or Kobe, or Duncan, or any big player) gets injured the first game, and there are still 5 or so games left during that 10-day span? It just rotates to their backup?

Then the computer will rotate guys in and out at that position for the remaining games.  There's no other way to get around this, except sim one day at a time.  At which point it was take us years.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 01:54:55 PM »

Thanks.  That's what I figured.

Also, am I correct in assuming that each team plays approximately 6 games during each 10-day period?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 02:04:49 PM »

It varies.  I've seen sometimes where my team's played 9 games during a 10 day sim.  But figure you play 82 games in 120 days.  So yeah, figure 6-7 games a sim.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: