SSBA
May 19, 2024, 01:49:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 76ers/Suns Trade  (Read 3734 times)
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:07:52 AM »

To 76ers
Lincoln Lord
Henry Saperstein

To Suns
Sidney Green

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:59:28 AM »

Agreed..

Time is running out..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

The reason for this trade is simple.. Team need.

Its clear that I need some backcourt help. And I could acquire it by unloading one of my bigs. I've always been a fan of Lincoln Lord and his PG abilities, I just hope that he still has it in him. Saperstein on the other hand, gives me a scoring combo guard. He reminds me of Juan Ward.

This trade also makes the signing of Munson, easier to swallow. With the unloading of a bad contract.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
NetsGM
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:30:50 PM »

Real nice addition for the Suns. Makes sense for the 76ers - wonder if he might not have gotten himself a nicer guard over time but cap flex is always a good thing.
SunsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »

Green gives me a good defensive rebounding player to go along side Tobey, and pushes Lundy and Freidman to the bench where they are more suited to play. My team has a little more balance now, and 10 times more talent than my team has had in quite a few seasons.

Saperstein was a second round draft pick of mine and i think he's developed along very nicely, and he'll definately help the sixers either off the bench at both guard spots,with his scoring punch and Ball handling.  Lord will give the Sixers some time to develop Strickland,and stability.

Its not a block buster deal, but I get a nice piece, and the sixers add some sorely needed backcourt help.
and helped me round my team out a little bit better.

Theres one more move t ocome down the pipeline, and Hopefully I can use my MLE/LLE to add some depth. 

2016,2019,2026,2027,2034 Pacific Division Champions!
2034,2036 Western Conference Champions!
NetsGM
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »

Oops, I didnt even notice Saperstein - I guessed I skipped over him. That's much better for the Sixers - decent bench guard and a big expiring to dangle.
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »

Does anybody question the logic of overpaying for a big one offseason, playing him out of position, then celebrating when you trade him for cap space?

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »

Not just a capspace..

7:1 assist to TO ratio menopausal PG (No PG at my team)
18ppg combo guard (lack of scorer at my team)

Not just a team need..

I got like 4 good frontcourt players in my team, and one of them needs to go. So that 2 guys can be my staring PF/C and one can play back-up at both positions.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »

Are you reading to compete now?  I don't think you're really close.  So what's the 35 year old and his 7/1 assist to turnover going to do for you?  not much IMO.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »

Are you reading to compete now?  I don't think you're really close.  So what's the 35 year old and his 7/1 assist to turnover going to do for you?  not much IMO.

Nobody thought the Grizzlies is going to be last year's champ right? Anyway, I'm just going to do my best here.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 11:24:22 PM »

Nobody thought the Grizzlies is going to be last year's champ right? Anyway, I'm just going to do my best here.

I mean the nuggets.. sorry..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 01:12:04 AM »

I don't usually do this, but I still think my offer was better.  Especially when you factor in Lord's horrendous defense
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 06:11:44 AM »

I don't usually do this, but I still think my offer was better.  Especially when you factor in Lord's horrendous defense

You can PM me your offer. Honestly, this trade was just OK for my team, and I do believe that I could have gotten a better deal. This is a bad move for my team. I just hope that things will work out OK.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
NetsGM
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 06:39:42 AM »

Does anybody question the logic of overpaying for a big one offseason, playing him out of position, then celebrating when you trade him for cap space?
I understand your point, but....

If his assessment is that Trey Wooten is a better three than Green, Malone a better four than Green, Green not likely to put up those same "good" season numbers on a competing team as he did with the Hawks, and Saperstein more productive in his role than Green would be in his, then I understand the move --- especially if he can flip the expiring for someone better than Green later on.

You could make the case that Green would have been more productive at the four than Malone, but then Malone does not have the big contract yet either...and what Philly GM would not want a Malone/Erving combo on his team even if it isn't the right one.
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »

I understand your point, but....

If his assessment is that Trey Wooten is a better three than Green, Malone a better four than Green, Green not likely to put up those same "good" season numbers on a competing team as he did with the Hawks, and Saperstein more productive in his role than Green would be in his, then I understand the move --- especially if he can flip the expiring for someone better than Green later on.

You could make the case that Green would have been more productive at the four than Malone, but then Malone does not have the big contract yet either...and what Philly GM would not want a Malone/Erving combo on his team even if it isn't the right one.

Yes, that is my assessment.

And in my assessment also, I could have gotten a better deal. I guess desperation to acquire some backcourt help, 18ppg in saperstein as a 2nd option and 15ppg from Lord, leads me to do the deal.

Anyway, this trade gives me the solid 8 rotation in my team. With Munson, Malone, Erving, Saperstein, and Strickland as my starters. While Wooten, Petrovic and Lord, coming off the bench. A mediocre team atleast..

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: