SSBA
May 19, 2024, 07:46:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic-Knicks - cancelled  (Read 11052 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 10:26:47 AM »

Ok, wel, Bods, your thoughts then?

I don't want to look suspicious given that the KnicksGM is a friend of mine.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 10:33:37 AM »

Quote from: NetsGM

The deal will either be enforced or not enforced, there is no more need on agreement.  It's fine to discuss.

ok, enough joking around, let's get serious.

Bods, trades are posted and accepted right HERE. I don't see any acceptance. Trades were never ever done through PM and whatever is said there (or in AIM) is talk only. Sure, it was maybe a rookie mistake to not accept the posted deal (as there was whatever conversation going on), but fact is, no deal was accepted.

We've handled it that way so far and I'd really ask to keep it that way, for the sake of "legal certainity" alone.
 Exclamation

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 10:34:34 AM »

Celtics, he was talking about the Raptors-Kincks deal that has been brought up in this thread.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
PacersGM
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »

Quote from: CelticsGM

The deal will either be enforced or not enforced, there is no more need on agreement.  It's fine to discuss.

ok, enough joking around, let's get serious.

Bods, trades are posted and accepted right HERE. I don't see any acceptance. Trades were never ever done through PM and whatever is said there (or in AIM) is talk only. Sure, it was maybe a rookie mistake to not accept the posted deal (as there was whatever conversation going on), but fact is, no deal was accepted.

We've handled it that way so far and I'd really ask to keep it that way, for the sake of "legal certainity" alone.
 Exclamation

maybe you should read the rule page...
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 10:44:08 AM »

Actually, I misread.  I was talking about this thread, not raptors/knicks.  Yeah, don't comment on that.

Um...no.  In fact, there was a trade in the past where it was enforced based on acceptance in PM's.  I take it differently than most other commish's.  If you say you accept, you accept.  It's a contract before it gets onto this forum.  It's always been that way here.

Most contracts in life are enforcable even without official documentation.  Just a verbal agreement is a contract.  That's how it's always been handled here.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »

Actually, I misread.  I was talking about this thread, not raptors/knicks.  Yeah, don't comment on that.

Um...no.  In fact, there was a trade in the past where it was enforced based on acceptance in PM's.  I take it differently than most other commish's.  If you say you accept, you accept.  It's a contract before it gets onto this forum.  It's always been that way here.

Most contracts in life are enforcable even without official documentation.  Just a verbal agreement is a contract.  That's how it's always been handled here.

Oh good to know. Sorry then ... no wait a moment, that's PERFECT !!!
 Laughing

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2006, 12:55:38 AM »

well, since we're throwing a living fish into water, any final decision...?  Confused

GLORY DAYS!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »

I'm sorry, I'm still not going to hold KnicksGM to the deal.

I don't buy the "if".  Once you make a new offer, it tells me the deal is not yet finalized.  What if he goes "yeah, I'll do it for Darius, but I won't include Nguyen.  To do that you'd have to give me <this pick>".

Then you come back, "no, I won't include this pick, but I will this".  And you keep going back and forth.  Are you then, at any point in the continued negotiations, allowed to go back and hold KnicksGM to the deal agreed upon in prior conversations?  

Sorry, when you make a new offer, you are doing so cancelling the previous agreement.  I'm sorry that this prevents the raping of a new GM, but this is my decision, and should be followed as a precedent for future negotations-after-agreements.

Once a deal is agreed upon and posted on the board, there is only one possible next step.  The other party posting "I agree".  There should never be continued negotiations or a decline, ever.

Knicks, if you have any questions in the future, please PM me.  While I sided with you, I do not like ignoring PM's or trade threads at all.  I'm always here to answer questions, as are many people on this board.  Feel free to use our experience.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2006, 06:10:49 AM »

w/e

GLORY DAYS!
MagicGM
Administrator