SSBA
May 05, 2024, 04:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Draft Classes  (Read 4762 times)
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »

I will be generating the 2009 draft class based on their stats for their rookie season FOR THIS YEAR's DRAFT.

As for the future draft classes, what do we do with it?

I wouldn't mind suggestions so as to keep the interest level up.

I like how RBSL do their draft classes. They generate the factual draft class once the final list of draft applicants is sent, but I want to make it more realistic, so our SSBA rookies will likely have to play at least 1 year in the NBA before they get generated in the SSBA draft. I will be using that stats of their rookie season.

IN RBSL, I think they run it like 4 fictional draft then 1 factual, 4 fictional then 1 factual... like that..

I'm also looking at other options with the draft class such as, those picked in the 2nd round of the 2009 NBA won't be in the 2034 SSBA draft class, but WILL be on the 2035 draft class. Which will relatively cause a not so deep 2035 draft class, which just so happens to be a reality in draft classes anyway. Or you guys can help me get the list of retro or still active players that still haven't made it to the SSBA (such as Grant Hill Cool, Marcin Gortat, Oberto, Jamario Moon) it would take a lot of time to do it tho.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:19:06 PM by MagicGM » Logged

GLORY DAYS!
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:55:54 AM »

IMO, let's recycle the oldest draft class BUT with random potential. I don't think anyone would mind and it would make jobs easier. And I don't know, but we're pretty much in a new era after Tom gave up his commissioner works.

If you guys have problem with reusing the draft class, then maybe we could use the one that SSBA generated, but let's just edit the ratings.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:36:50 AM »

Here's a thought:

1. Have the computer generate a random draft class.

2. Take that class, and give those players (with the fake names) statistics from real players at random.

3. Randomize potentials.

What do you think?
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 06:51:24 AM »

Here's a thought:

2. Take that class, and give those players (with the fake names) statistics from real players at random.

3. Randomize potentials.

What do you think?

this is no good.. we cant have for example shaq shooting 3's or shaq as a point guard

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:34 AM »

So are u guys ok with fictional draft classes?

GLORY DAYS!
SpursGM
Waterboy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »

Yes in order for this to stay balanced fictional players need to be in the draft. That way the program can continue to keep everything in check. I don't think anyone here wants to have 4 players with A or A+ defense yet still give up 125 points per game.
WolvesGM
GMs
Coach

Xdawgchowx
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »

I'm perfectly fine with a fictional draft.

But I remember this thing a long time ago but wasn't there like a college basketball sim? Will it take wayyyy to much time? I'm not sure how running a sim league works so I don't really know how much work is involved.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »

I'm perfectly fine with a fictional draft.

But I remember this thing a long time ago but wasn't there like a college basketball sim? Will it take wayyyy to much time? I'm not sure how running a sim league works so I don't really know how much work is involved.
I'm not exactly sureabout that. I remember how we ran it back then but it turned the league into a dried-up pond with like only 10 legit players per year :-s

GLORY DAYS!
JazzGM
GMs
Ast. Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »

I'm okay for fictional draft classes. I just want it to be realistic, in all seriousness there are busts and their are sleepers, sometimes there's a huge dropoff in talent after the first couple of picks, sometimes you get a huge year with lots of talent, as long as their is still some randomness in terms of player potential where the fictional player could end up being a lot different than the real life player (ex. clyde drexler in this league), then I'll be happy. I think the league will start losing its luster if we boost the draft classes and end up with half the point guards in the league being triple double threats and so forth. We could tighten the cap restrictions a little bit more so that teams lose their picks, not sure how it's set now but we rarely have any teams in trouble and it would make the free agency period more interesting which is kinda more important than the draft even in real life and gives teams like the knicks/lakers a chance to actually pick up some quality players when they save the cash.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:31:29 PM by JazzGM » Logged

Defense wins Championships
Harper A
Granger A
Polynice A
Augmon A
Mariotti A-
Chalmers A-
Williams A-
Brady B+
Kukoc B+
Powe B+
Mahinmi B+
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »

Here's a thought:

3. Randomize potentials.

What do you think?

this is no good.. we cant have for example shaq shooting 3's or shaq as a point guard

No, I meant we match up players who are similar in size and build. I have no interest in a 7`2`` PG in this league.

Basically, this would give us legit players with fake names.

Either way, I`m fine with whatever everybody else decides. It was just a thought.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »

Here's a thought:

3. Randomize potentials.

What do you think?

No, I meant we match up players who are similar in size and build. I have no interest in a 7`2`` PG in this league.

Basically, this would give us legit players with fake names.

Either way, I`m fine with whatever everybody else decides. It was just a thought.
I actually like your idea. I think the past few 2-3 season, we've seen some bloated offensive ratings with the rookies coming in.

GLORY DAYS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: