SSBA
May 08, 2024, 10:49:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 10265 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »

Quote from: KingsGM
Quote from: RaptorsGM
Quote from: KingsGM
Kings, post a video of you doing a 360 or behind the back dunk on a 10' net.

you want to bet? hahaha...behind the back dunk is the easiest thing to do...ok, we have a deal. if i do that, you give me any player on your team for nothing and i give you tmac if i fail. ok?

p.s. but then again, you just might say that ain't me on the tape Confused

I wont disagree with you, i just want to see it Smile

alright. but don't cry after you find carlos boozer on my roster Very Happy

Oh, I'm not gonna make a silly bet like that. I could find you a video right now of a guy doing abehind the back or 360 dunk.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2005, 02:45:24 PM »

Quote from: HornetsGM
I'm old too: 25

I'm in pretty good shape. I messed up my ankle playing b-ball and had to get bone chips removed, so my ankle gets a little sore from time to time... That's my only 'oldness.'

The varsity lacrosse coach at my college (Univ. of Delaware) asked me to try out (I was pretty good in HS), but I was too busy smoking pot and listening to jam bands  Rolling Eyes .
I did play on the club team though, and we went to the club national championship (lost 9-8 to Ohio State). Glory days, haha

Living in philly right now, going to law school

haha...that's my story. punk rock & pot & booze killed my hoop dreams

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »

I'm 20...I've also been playing bball my whole life...JazzGM and I were on the same high school team, I was the PG and he was the C...we probably had the best AA team in Pennsylvania prior to injuries...even after losing 4 key players we were probably top 5...I'm now playing at a JUCO in PA
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2005, 06:59:10 PM »

Quote from: HawksGM
I'm 20...I've also been playing bball my whole life...JazzGM and I were on the same high school team, I was the PG and he was the C...we probably had the best AA team in Pennsylvania prior to injuries...even after losing 4 key players we were probably top 5...I'm now playing at a JUCO in PA

That's pretty wicked. Do you guys still hang out at all?

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2005, 07:02:52 PM »

Quote from: HawksGM

That's pretty wicked. Do you guys still hang out at all?

Yea we go to college about 2 1/2 hours away but we are best friends and when he comes home we hang out, we went to the Nets/Magic game in Jersey a couple of weeks ago, neither team looked better than our beloved Sixers...I was a 6'3 PG and he's a 6'5 C, so we had a nice big lineup
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2005, 03:00:19 AM »

wow...a lot of you guys here have or had injuries eheheh...wow im lucky not to have one lolz.... Very Happy

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
SonicsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2005, 05:06:09 AM »

boy, I am old....27 and getting older.

Most of you are a bunch of youngins!
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2005, 07:24:38 AM »

lol

I'm the youngest of all.. and I have better teams than some of you  Laughing

GLORY DAYS!
OldNuggetsGM
old-gm's
Coach

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2005, 10:49:44 AM »

I just turned 28 a month ago.
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

Sault_town_pimp@hotmail.com Iverson2Korver43
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

Just a shade over 21 here...  It seems if you average out the youngest and oldest, I'm right in the middle...
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2005, 06:47:26 PM »

It's cool that alot of you guys play basketball, I play for my Highschool team, we went to the Provincals last year but sucked pretty bad this year.  Our 2 best players moved to different schools, but it freed up alot more time for myself.  I'll be the first to admit I'm no the best defender, but I can shoot the lights out.

Kings GM, I believe you as well.  JR Smith made that dunk look harder than it really is.  Don't get me wrong, you need to be an athletic freak to do it, but I know a guy who can do that easily.

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2005, 07:39:17 PM »

Quote from: BullsGM
It's cool that alot of you guys play basketball, I play for my Highschool team, we went to the Provincals last year but sucked pretty bad this year.  Our 2 best players moved to different schools, but it freed up alot more time for myself.  I'll be the first to admit I'm no the best defender, but I can shoot the lights out.

Kings GM, I believe you as well.  JR Smith made that dunk look harder than it really is.  Don't get me wrong, you need to be an athletic freak to do it, but I know a guy who can do that easily.

no you don't, trust me. it's just a matter of timeing and concentration. off course you must have a good vertical but still it ain't that hard. i know alot of volleyball players that can jump way better than me but they still can't even dunk! 360 is hard and you have to put alot of knowledge into it, but behind the back is just a joke...

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2005, 07:15:24 AM »

So I had to get my vote in as long as I still fall into that 31-40 category. Oh wait, that's still a year away. But one thing I tell you, as soon as I have to check that 41-50 group, I'm in for a MAJOR depression. But it could be worse since I was told i'm NOT the elder statesman of our group here ...

Stopped playing basketball about 8 years ago - after playing briefly in the 2nd highest league in Austria, highlighted by exactly ONE dunk in a practice game throughout my career as a 6'1 PF (hey, we're talking Austrian basketball here). Work kept me too busy to practice regularly (which means at least 2-3 times a week to make any sense) and I stick to Volleyball, Tennis and Ultimate nowadays. And of course Skiing, where I'm still way better than about 99.9% of the US population, probably even anyone not named Bode.

And I feel right at home here, you guys are really a fun group to hang around with (albeit a bit young sometimes ... Wink )

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: