SSBA
May 08, 2024, 09:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA Season Awards!  (Read 3820 times)
PacersGM
« on: April 13, 2005, 04:02:17 AM »

i am a little bored  Smile

lets talk about this years NBA Awards:

MVP: Steve Nash
Reason: The best player on the team with the best record. His impact is really amazing and he should win it. Only contenders are Duncan and maybe Wade, Nowitzki, Allen.

Rookie of the Year: Emeka Okafor
reason: i really hate to admit it but he surpassed my expectations. I never thought that he can be an offense force this year. in my opionion there should be CO- ROY named Ben Gordon. he is on a winning team (i never tought i can say this about chicago this year  Laughing ) and he is one of the best scorers when it counts.
honorable mention: Dwight Howard - the future of the NBA at PF, if his shot will fall and his body mature he will be unstoppable.

Sixth Man: Ben Gordon
reason: it would be fun to see a rook win this, but i really think he deserves an award and no other sixth man had as many fourth quarter games. ricky davis will be a close second.

MIP: Primoz Brezec
reason: he was out and nobody missed him. now he is avg. 13 and 7 and is starting. Hill could be mentioned here also but he would be my comeback player of the year  Laughing

DVP: Tim Duncan
reason: best def. player on the team with the best defense
no one else wil be mentioned here.

first team offense:
C Shaq
PF Tim Duncan
SF Shawn Marion
SG Allen iversen
PG Steve Nash

first team def.
C Ben Wallace
Pf Tim Duncan
SF Bruce Bowen
SG Larry Hughes
PG Jason Kidd

give me your votes!  Very Happy
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 04:47:30 AM »

All i can say is MVP= Allen Iverson.

Statistically, this guy should flat out win the award.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
PacersGM
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 04:57:06 AM »

Quote from: SixersGM

even if the sixers aren´t making the playoffs?
i am not sure if individual stats are the only qualfying option.
the biggest problem with AI is that his teammates always sucks no matter who was his partner. He is great scorer and i think he is as tough as anyone in the league but as a teamplayer and PG ......?
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 06:58:27 AM »

I think the Sixers get to 41 wins, which is .500, which will not be enough to give Iverson a vote.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 12:07:35 PM »

no way...AI just takes a lot of shots....(.418FGP)

its more like shaq....SHAQ should be the MVP...without shaq...wade couldnt score his points, haslem wouldnt be effective, damon jones wouldnt be able to have open looks....shaq makes his teammates improve by giving them good looks off from the double team....without shaq HEAT is not even close to playoffs rating....

MVP contender would be between shaq and nash  Very Happy

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
LakersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

skonester Skonester skonester
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 03:57:24 PM »

I agree with everything there except for MIP and 1st team offense. The only thing i disagree with in 1st team offense is AI at SG. I think you gotta give that to Ray Allen and what his team has become this season. Also for MIP player, Brezec is a good pick, but there are lots of great picks. If it were up to me I'd give it to a player on the Milwaukee Bucks named Mo Williams. When you look at his numbers, they are 10 points 6 assists and 3 boards with 1 steal. He was supposed to be the 2nd pg behind James at the beginning of the season, but is now the only Bucks player to start EVERY game. In the span of games where Mike James was traded to where before the bucks started trying to tank it, Mo Will was averaging 15 points 8 assists and 6 rebounds with 2 steals. Thats not bad at all for a guy who is signed to 1.5 milion for the next 2 years. The best part is that hes only 22 years old.

**Siegel***Laporte***Gaylor****Ford****Ramsay**
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »

hi pacersGM! i didn't know you are from austria. we are neighbours man!!

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

Quote from: HeatGM

no way...AI just takes a lot of shots....(.418FGP)

its more like shaq....SHAQ should be the MVP...without shaq...wade couldnt score his points, haslem wouldnt be effective, damon jones wouldnt be able to have open looks....shaq makes his teammates improve by giving them good looks off from the double team....without shaq HEAT is not even close to playoffs rating....

MVP contender would be between shaq and nash  Very Happy

Ok, AI takes a lot of shots. But does he deliver?

Many of us forget that sixers is a lottery team last year. ANd this year they are a play-off team. He is single handedly carrying the team into the play-offs.

And btw, AI would be breaking the leagues' record for being the 1st player to be top five in 3 categories (scoring: 1st; steals: 2nd; assists: 5th)

I dont think that shaq, in any case, does deserve the MVP award. If it would somehow end up in Nash, i might somehow accept that fact. BUt if it would be shaq.. No freakin' way.. Very Happy

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
PacersGM
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 04:33:52 AM »

Ok, AI takes a lot of shots. But does he deliver?

Many of us forget that sixers is a lottery team last year. ANd this year they are a play-off team. He is single handedly carrying the team into the play-offs.

And btw, AI would be breaking the leagues' record for being the 1st player to be top five in 3 categories (scoring: 1st; steals: 2nd; assists: 5th)

I dont think that shaq, in any case, does deserve the MVP award. If it would somehow end up in Nash, i might somehow accept that fact. BUt if it would be shaq.. No freakin' way.. Very Happy

yea AI delivers what?
he leads also in TO and is shooting a horrible %.
Also he won´t be the first to lead in 3 cat.
I think there are at least 3 guys who did it before.
Larry Bird: I think he was top 5 in poitns,rebounds and 3pts%
Wilt Chamberlain: points,rebounds, blocks
And the only man who avg. a tripple double through a season.

AI is a great player but nobody can play next to him and wait for getting the ball.

Are you sure that AI didn´t have any help?
Iggy is very good player already and MJ is healthy for the most part as is Dalembert. Korver is shooting better.

I agree that shaq is no MVP this year. Every year he did make his teammates look good and it wasn´t enough to win the trophy.
And wade is the go to guy in the last seconds.
Iverson2Korver43
GMs
Coach

Sault_town_pimp@hotmail.com Iverson2Korver43
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 12:58:48 PM »

What the hell is the MVP award anyways???  It doesn't stand for the most valuable player, not in the NBA anyways...   If Alex Rodriguez can win MVP and play for the texas rangers(owner of 1 of the worst records that year), why can't Iverson win the MVP for having the best overall stats and still being on a play-off team???  Thats how A-Rod got his...  He had the best stats...   It shouldn't matter what team you are on...  Or atleast they should have an award for a "statistical best player", or Rename the MVP to the "Most Valuable Teammate" award because thats all it seems to be...

Also, if i'm not mistaken, Iverson will be the first player since MJ to average 30 and 8 in a season...  Which I think is pretty damn good...

And for the argument with Steve Nash, just about anybody with 2 arms and 2 legs could get 10 assists a game for the suns...  they are loaded...
SixersGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 11:18:13 PM »

yea AI delivers what?

The sixers to the play-offs. And like i said, he leads the league in scoring, 5th in assists and 2nd in steals.

he leads also in TO and is shooting a horrible %.

Every diamond has its flaw. Shaq has his FT%, KOBE has his attitude problems, and AI has his TOs.

I think a lot of guys overrate AI's FG%. I dont think that he has a low FG% (42.8%) Like all you haters said that he takes a lot of shots, but if you compare it with other star backcourt player, you'll see that he doesnt have a bad FG%.

T-mac 43.1%
Kobe 43.2%
RIP 43.9%
Baron 38.2%

Also he won´t be the first to lead in 3 cat.
I think there are at least 3 guys who did it before.
Larry Bird: I think he was top 5 in poitns,rebounds and 3pts%
Wilt Chamberlain: points,rebounds, blocks
And the only man who avg. a tripple double through a season.

Im sorry about that.

I mean, AI is the first to ever ranked in the top five in scoring average, assists and steals. Iverson ranks first in scoring, fifth in assists and second in steals.

AI is a great player but nobody can play next to him and wait for getting the ball.

You know why? Because allthe people BK that gets to play with AI are crap. Stackhouse was a ball hog, KVH is crap, tim thomas is crap, G-rob is a whinner.

Are you sure that AI didn´t have any help?
Iggy is very good player already and MJ is healthy for the most part as is Dalembert. Korver is shooting better.

Korver, dalember, Iggy and MJ are role players.
He never did really have an all-star team mate.
C-webb was never healthy in a sixers jersey.
And unlike nash and SHaq, AI was never blessed with a team so talented than both shaq and nash have.
Try this site: http://aol.nba.com/features/inside_ai_050330.html

1-5 The Sixers record this season in games Iverson has missed.

2 NBA All-Star MVP awards won (2001 and 2005).

3 Iverson is one of only three players -- Dwyane Wade and LeBron James -- to rank in the top 10 in scoring and assists. Since 1979, only 10 players have ranked in the top 10 for both categories for an entire season, and only once during that span did more than one player (Gary Payton and Stephon Marbury, 1998-99) accomplish the feat in the same season.

4 Currently leading the league in scoring, Iverson is chasing his fourth scoring title, which would place him with Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan and George Gervin as the only players in NBA history to capture four or more scoring titles.

5 Since steals became an official stat in 1973-74, no player has ever ranked in the top five in scoring average, assists and steals. Iverson ranks first in scoring, fifth in assists and second in steals.

15 Iverson tied a career-high with 15 assists at the L.A. Lakers on March 27.

19.5 Career-scoring average against the Phoenix Suns, the only team to hold Iverson below 20 points per game in his career.

27.35 A.I. trails Elgin Baylor (27.36) for the fourth highest career scoring average. A.I. needs to average 28.33 points in his remaining 12 games to average 27.37 career points.

30, 7.5 Iverson could become only the fourth player to average at least 30 points and 7.5 assists, and the first since Michael Jordan in 1988-89. Oscar Robertson accomplished the feat six times, while Tiny Archibald and Michael Jordan did once each.

42.6 Number of minutes per night Iverson is on the court, tops in the NBA.

50-50 Became the seventh player in NBA history to record back-to-back 50-point games, joining Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Antawn Jamison, Michael Jordan and Bernard King. Iverson scored 54 points at Milwaukee on Dec. 18 followed by a 51-point outing against Utah.

57 Number of times A.I. has scored 40 or more points, more than any player in franchise history.

60 Career-high scoring output against Orlando on Feb. 12, becoming the second player in franchise history and the 18th in NBA history to score 60 or more points in a regular season game.

70 With 39 points against Detroit on March 23, Iverson moved into the top 70 among all-time NBA scorers. Iverson currently ranks 69th having scored 16,384 points in 599 games. Next up is Joe Dumars, who scored 16,401 points in 1018 games during his career.

600 Tonight's game at Phoenix marks the 600th game of Iverson's career.

1973 Tiny Archibald was the last player to lead the league in scoring and finished in the top 5 in assists in 1973. Should Iverson accomplish the feat -- he ranks fifth in assists at 7.8 apg -- it would mark only the seventh time it's happened.

2000-01 A.I.'s MVP season as he lead the Sixers to the Atlantic Division crown and averaged an NBA-best 31.1 points to go along with 4.6 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 2.51 steals. This season, Iverson is averaging 30.4 points, a career-high 7.8 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 2.38 steals.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: