SSBA
May 19, 2024, 01:51:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Respect for other GMs  (Read 3695 times)
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: September 24, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I consider it a slap in the face when someone offers me a garbage trade, and then gets angry whe I don't accept.

Yesterday I was offered a bad trade.*

Anyway, I said to the guy, "as I'm sure you know, that's probanly the worst offer I have ever got, and you just wasted a few minutes of your life typing that out", thinking he already knew this and his response would have been "yea, I know Smile" or something along that line.

Well.

He callled me a "dick" and an "asshole" saying that if I wasn't such a s-and-so, I would get more respect in this league, and people wouldn't talk "shit about me". Which brings me to the topic of this post...

Have I really been so bad that I have lost the respect of everyone? From a trading perspective I would have tought I'd have enough respect to not be offered garbage trades and then swore at because I didn't accept them.

But I'm talking about respect in general, as a fellow GM. I would consider most of you to be my friends, although none of us have ever met....but after 8 seasons with some of you, we've been through alot...but I don't have respect?

Was this otherGM right?

*removed by NetsGM to try to keep identity unknown.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 11:21:21 AM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I consider it a slap in the face when someone offers me a garbage trade, and then gets angry whe I don't accept.

Yesterday I was offered a bad trade.*

Anyway, I said to the guy, "as I'm sure you know, that's probanly the worst offer I have ever got, and you just wasted a few minutes of your life typing that out", thinking he already knew this and his response would have been "yea, I know Smile" or something along that line.

Well.

He callled me a "dick" and an "asshole" saying that if I wasn't such a s-and-so, I would get more respect in this league, and people wouldn't talk "shit about me". Which brings me to the topic of this post...

Have I really been so bad that I have lost the respect of everyone? From a trading perspective I would have tought I'd have enough respect to not be offered garbage trades and then swore at because I didn't accept them.

But I'm talking about respect in general, as a fellow GM. I would consider most of you to be my friends, although none of us have ever met....but after 8 seasons with some of you, we've been through alot...but I don't have respect?

Was this otherGM right?

*removed by NetsGM to try to keep identity unknown.

Probably a good move there. Thanks. I'm not making this thread to offend anyone.

BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »

This league has so much damn drama, it's unbelieveable.

HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 12:24:14 PM »

Raps, you have my respect, I see it that everyone has my respect until they do something to lose it.  And nobody in this league, including Raps, has offended me in anyway, so I respect everyone in this league.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 12:42:34 PM »

Same thing crossed my mind several times. We've been together for a long time now, and still sometimes some people treat you like shit in their offers. I mean, what can i say? I recived offers with 2 backups and 3 second runders for Mcgrady?! What can i say more? I mean, you got have some decency and good manners not to do that.
But hey, people try, and i usualy respond with laugh or some humorous note. But it hurts, specially if you know you're the one of the most fair guys around. I've never raped anyone and all of my trades so far were more then a fair, where both teams had benefits. Actually, my main problem and concern is that league is getting pretty much onesided when it comes to trades. No one is interested in equal deals anymore (but also that may be only my perception). But that's fine, it's part of the bussines and is no big deal.

And Raps, i'm telling you this really honestly and in good will. The part of your problems (the one you mentioned) also has some fault on your side. Sometimes when you don't get what you want your responds are not friendly at all or in good manners. And alot of your offers are also pretty much one sided. People get provocated with such stuffs and then they react the way you described, although, off course, it's no excuss at all.

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »

I don't really have a problem recieving bad offers. It's one way to negotiate - start big then drop off. What I have a problem with is when people get angry when bad trade offers aren't accepeted.

And i know I've caused some of the problems myself. But it's not when "I don't get what I want" it's when I feel like people are saying inappriopriate things about me.

And Kings, I ear ya about no one being interested in equa deals. It seems the precedent has been set with some very lopsided deals, and everyone is chasing them now.

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 01:12:21 PM »

Quote from: HawksGM
Raps, you have my respect, I see it that everyone has my respect until they do something to lose it.  And nobody in this league, including Raps, has offended me in anyway, so I respect everyone in this league.

You have my respect too, and one of the main reasons is how ood you are to talk trades with.

But te thing is, I've offended people and people have offended me, but I think everyone just needs to drop the grudges.

What purpose does it seve to "be mad" at someone you don't know, and will never meet?

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 01:21:30 PM »

Erm...can you get mad at someone talking on a phone? Even if you don't know him? I know i can. It doesn't matter if i'd never meet him in my whole life.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 01:25:28 PM »

Quote from: KingsGM
Erm...can you get mad at someone talking on a phone? Even if you don't know him? I know i can. It doesn't matter if i'd never meet him in my whole life.

I think it's fine to "get mad" but where I come froming "being mad" is the same thing as holding a grudge.

And that just doesn't make sense.

HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 02:28:23 PM »

Your response was more than a little inflamatory... I dislike getting terrible trade offers too, and I have to hold back from being insulting in my reply. Usually if an offer is really bad I just say, "No thanks", and leave it at that.

By the way, I respect you quite a bit. You are one of the better GMs out there, which is why I hesitate a little bit from dealing with you  Smile

I respect everyone in this league as human beings.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 02:31:59 PM »

We're not human beings anymore.  Razz

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 02:35:02 PM »

Your response was more than a little inflamatory

I agree.  An inflammatory response begets an inflammatory comeback.  It was definitely an instigation, and you should have expected some venom.  I don't think you can expect someone not to react emotionally from something like that.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 05:35:53 PM »

I can't remember the way I worded it, but it wasn't the same as the way I posted...I think it was more kidding around, which was my intent...but the response I got wasn't the reason I made this thread, I made it to see if I have an respect around here anymore,

MavsGM
GMs
GM

brian841255
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »

but the response I got wasn't the reason I made this thread, I made it to see if I have an respect around here anymore.

What makes you think that we don't respect you?  It just because one person bad mouth you it doesn't mean that we don't respect you.

2018: Championship

Midwest Division Champ: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024, 3029.
Most playoffs appearances in the league with 23
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 05:54:33 PM »

Quote from: MavsGM
but the response I got wasn't the reason I made this thread, I made it to see if I have an respect around here anymore.

What makes you think that we don't respect you?  It just because one person bad mouth you it doesn't mean that we don't respect you.

This otherGM TOLD me that no one i this league respects me.

I know that some do, but I have no idea if others d or not

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: