SSBA
May 08, 2024, 04:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Attacks  (Read 13313 times)
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2005, 09:07:10 PM »

Yes i know our misunderstandings in that first post of mine caused all of this. I've noticed your reaction after i explained that to you, you calmed down. Off course i'm not supporting the world without some kind of goverment and the world of chaos. i didn't mean that way but it sounded like that. I though that riots and protest are the same thing. Now i see it's not.

And especially the part where i was saying that the people in protest are not the cause of the problem and you thought i was saying that about terrorists. Sorry, maybe i didn't specify the subject, i just thought it was obvious, nothing more.

I'm not caught in that media stereotype about " stupid Americans". I know there are alots of smart and decent Americans. After all i was raised on American rock music and NBA.

That's all.

Peace

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2005, 09:33:48 PM »

Rioting usually involves violence, looting, mayhem and death.

Protesting usually involves people with signs and trying to get their voices heard and make changes.  Raise awareness.

They're slightly different Wink

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2005, 05:53:25 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
I wanted to say that but guys around here would probably kick me out of the league.

What he said is completely different than being a self proclaimed anarchist supporter and saying that terrorism isn't a problem.

Most of us here americans are against bush and think iraq is wrong.

Then how come he got re-elected? I know it is a matter of states and not a matter of the whole population, but still... I must say most people I know here in Europe were unhappy (read angry) when Bush was re-elected.

Great example of a true dynasty!
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2005, 05:59:01 PM »

Quote from: KingsGM

All i'm saying is that i'm sick of this one sided judgment. Everyone is pretending blind now! I mean just look at that god damn Bush, how dares he to come to England after that attack when he's the main fucking cause for that!! He's the one who forced Blair to send his troops to Iraq (US will continue to blackmail England as long as this administration is in charge, cause you saved England's asses in World War 2 and Bush will exploit that the most he can). The whole Europe will soon be in flames cause of that idiot and his " war on terrorism" agenda!

Hey Kings
I agree with many thought of you (though not all of them). But I needed to reply to this.
The US also came to help Belgium in WW2 big time. But that is no reason for Belgium to kiss Bush's ass. When Bush and the US asked Belgium to help them in certain ways in the Iraq war (flights, transportation, troups,...), Belgium refused to help them. US was definitaly not happy with that, but Belgium stood up for what they believed was not the right thing to do. And instead Blair just stated to kiss Bush's ass!

Great example of a true dynasty!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2005, 06:17:14 PM »

Well, only about 35% of the US population participates in presidential election.

His first election, he didn't even win a majority.

Just check out his approval ratings.  they're atrocious.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Anonymous
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2005, 06:41:27 PM »

Quote from: NetsGM
Well, only about 35% of the US population participates in presidential election.

His first election, he didn't even win a majority.

Just check out his approval ratings.  they're atrocious.

That 35% is sad. Of course many people are not eligible to vote. But there are many who are eligible and are not voting. So I guess that there are many people (of the ones that are against Bush) that did not vote. :S
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2005, 06:44:16 PM »

Well, if you look at it demographically, it's generally the wealthier that are pro-republican (bush) and the poorer that are pro-democrat (the other party).  I'd say more republicans voted.

But really, we have no idea how the rest of the country would have voted.  But Bush is not a very popular president.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2005, 06:47:50 PM »

Well first of all we all know how the elections went. Let's say they were highly suspicious at least. There was numerous sources who indicated that there were alots of fake votes in Bush's favor.

Second, lots of people were really scared after 9 / 11.  Media manipulation was just horrible. Unseen to date. They scared the people (mostly the non - educated country folks) to the death for like 24 hours a day with all kinds of red codes, yellow codec etc. We all know if you repeat one lie 100 times it becames the truth. People voted for him out of fear...sadly.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

Str8westcoasta
GMs
GM

off_da_heesey@hotmail.com Str8westcoasta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2005, 06:49:14 PM »

I live in England and here is my one and only post on the matter.

#1) England, America and all the rest of the "good guys" need to stop getting involved in issues which have zero to do with us. It only has to rain somewhere for a couple of days and we send supplies and troops over. Good and respectable british citizens are dying abroad for a fight which has nothing to do with us.

The people we try to help do not even appreciate our efforts. Why die for them?

#2) This sort of terrorism is not political! A suicide bomber does not negotiate, does not put across a point of view, they simply take the lives of innocent people and attempt to project their own views onto people through fear.

#3) The G8 summitt is pointless. There is no way in hell that the debt of 3rd world countries will be erased. If it did we would lose all control over them and not be able to dictate their actions. Britain and America may preech about democracies but our foreign policies revolve around a dictatorship, our dictatorship of poorer poeples.

NOTE:
1- I do not support BNP, although some policies are valid.
2- I am not a racist
3- I am white and have scottish ancestors, so take my views as you please!
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2005, 06:54:50 PM »

Rockets, I'm glad that finally someone agrees with me about that G8 matter. Thanks.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

KingsGM-old
old-gm's