SSBA
May 08, 2024, 05:01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Attacks  (Read 13314 times)
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 01:24:09 PM »

Jesus, what's your problem? I didn't say one word about you, i was talking in general...oh dear.

And what makes me a blowhard?? Confused Cause i'm posting nonsense when i'm drunk?? I'm just being honest, that's all. Confused

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 01:39:47 PM »

Quote from: KingsGM
Jesus, what's your problem? I didn't say one word about you, i was talking in general...oh dear.

The American view is different then alot of other views...

Many countries demand that the US intervene in situations, and then complain about it after the US does intervene.

The United States, both government and corporations, give billions of US dollars every year to other countries in foreign aid.  And then other countries complain that the US does not give enough.  No thanks, no appreciation...  just not enough was given.

And yet, the only thing most other countries have ever done for the United States is take jobs out of the country.  Americans are sick of being construed as evil by others...

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
BullsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 02:15:05 PM »

Wow, I just woke up and learned about the attacks through the thread.  I'm watching CNN, can someone recap how the attacks happened?

GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

4 bombs wereapparently planted, 3 on the subway, and one on a double decker bus.  The bombs went off during rush hour.  Here is the news on CNN....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html

The Youth Movement
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 02:41:01 PM »

From the BBC:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4661059.stm

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 04:19:51 PM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM

The American view is different then alot of other views...

Many countries demand that the US intervene in situations, and then complain about it after the US does intervene.

The United States, both government and corporations, give billions of US dollars every year to other countries in foreign aid.  And then other countries complain that the US does not give enough.  No thanks, no appreciation...  just not enough was given.

And yet, the only thing most other countries have ever done for the United States is take jobs out of the country.  Americans are sick of being construed as evil by others...

I understand your point and you're mostly right. I am still thankfull for Clinton administration for attacking Serbia cause that was the only thing that stopped Serbian dictator Slobodan Milosevic to continue blood spilling.

But there are also wars, like Vietnam or the latest one in Iraq that are clearly wrong.

But you're right, it's not a day to talk about politics.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 06:12:52 PM »

Kings - you really need to stop using alcohol as an excuse.

And those attacks on London make me absolotuly sick. Sometimes at night I dream about going around and killing every terrorist I see. Great dreams.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
JazzGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

ixg0txgame
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 06:49:34 PM »

As the U.S. carries on its legitimate war on terrorism (how we may be going about it or the reasons we say we do things may not be so legitimate), I wonder whether these attacks show the extreme failure of the U.S.'s campaign, that is, fueling terrorism more than eliminating it. What I wonder is whether or not these attacks would have still occurred had the U.S. not gone to Iraq and had not been such narrow-minded assholes about it.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 07:59:47 PM »

Jazz, you're right on the mark. I wanted to say that but guys around here would probably kick me out of the league. Thanks

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 08:48:19 PM »

And Raptors, please, you're worst then me even when you're sober.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 09:42:25 PM »

And Raptors, please, you're worst then me even when you're sober.

Worse than you? You're annoying as hell and your just as ignorant. You refuse to listen to any tip of advice that anyone gives you. For some reason you think your team should be perfect, but when it's not, you just whine about it instead of doing anything about it.

Worse than you? Hardly. Sometimes I run my mouth off, and I almost always apologize for it.

I know this is pretty harsh, and Nets feel free to delete my post if you think this is out of line. I'm just a little sick of the Kings saying stupid shit like G8 is causing problems, terrorist attacks are caused because the states getting attcked aren't "decent and fair", and stuff like that. And then blaming it on failure to learn english (which might be the case, I can't argue that) or alcohol (which is a stupid argument).

Thats all I have to say about that.

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2005, 01:05:50 AM »

I wanted to say that but guys around here would probably kick me out of the league.

What he said is completely different than being a self proclaimed anarchist supporter and saying that terrorism isn't a problem.

Most of us here americans are against bush and think iraq is wrong.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2005, 01:19:18 AM »

Maybe those specific countries would not have been targeted, but someone would have been...
These folks are religious fanatics and terrorists...  And the only way they know how to operate is through the manipulation of fear.  

Afghanistan was enough to set the terrorists off...  And there are very few Americans who think that invasion was wrong.

The Iraq invasion is a whole new story.  Opinions vary on that one a great deal.

The Youth Movement
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2005, 08:03:40 AM »

Quote from: NetsGM
I wanted to say that but guys around here would probably kick me out of the league.

What he said is completely different than being a self proclaimed anarchist supporter and saying that terrorism isn't a problem.

Most of us here americans are against bush and think iraq is wrong.

Bods first of all stop putting words in my mouth. I've never said that terrorism is not a problem, i just have a diferent point of view. Before i judge anyone i'm looking for the causes first, for the roots of evil.

Why do people place bombs? Why do they act like they act? What makes them suicidal terrorist?? Just because they are crazy?? Just because they are religious fanaticals?? Beacuse they have diferent faith? NO, things are not that simple.

If someone comes to your state, or to your city of Philly for that matter, and start bombard you and after that they exploit all of your natural resources etc. And they are more powerfull in every single way (military, technologicaly, economicaly etc). Are you 100% sure you would not do the same? That there's absolutely no way you would act like them? You wanna tell me if someone burns your house to the ground and kills your parents, brothers and sisters, that the idea of placing a bomb in your enemy's state would never come to your mind? If not, alright then, but then you must be  a saint.

All i'm saying is that i'm sick of this one sided judgment. Everyone is pretending blind now! I mean just look at that god damn Bush, how dares he to come to England after that attack when he's the main fucking cause for that!! He's the one who forced Blair to send his troops to Iraq (US will continue to blackmail England as long as this administration is in charge, cause you saved England's asses in World War 2 and Bush will exploit that the most he can). The whole Europe will soon be in flames cause of that idiot and his " war on terrorism" agenda!

And yes, innocent people died. Always innocent people dies. That's how it goes in the war. During Croatia's war for independency one of my friend lost his leg and another was killed by a sniper. And we were 15 at that time. We were just a kids and we were innocent too. But have anyone on the Western hemisfere cared about that? Did they give a shit about that? Off course not. There was no " great humanity crises", no " major tragedy etc" ...We were just a " colateral damage " how they like to say (btw that same England wanted to put a ban on weapon import for Croatia, they wanted us to be with absolutely no defense cause they were supporting Slobodan Milosevic, one of the biggest buchers since World War 2, until the very end. If it wasn't for the Germany, Austria, Vatican and US later on i would probably be dead now or in exile).

And finally, "Anarchist supporter"...oh God...man this is so stupid i can't even explain that. Complete missunderstood, again my language barrier caused that and i've said something that may sounded like that. All i wanted to say is that i support any civilian movement against multi national corporations, army etc. Nothing more. I look at the protests against G8 the same way i feel about Hippi movement in that Vietnamee era. With simpathy, nothing more.

- Your "potential terrorist" KingsGM

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2005, 08:35:06 AM »

Raptors. I already told you i'm tired of your hipocrisy. Don't talk to me and i won't talk to you.

End of conversation.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up