SSBA
May 08, 2024, 04:54:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Attacks  (Read 13314 times)
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:02:16 AM »

In the age of soundbites, I want to say that the most poignant moment for me was when one of the train passengers was asked about his feelings regarding the terrorists. He said "I pity them." That really struck me, especially since my own feeling was simply rage.
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 10:06:59 AM »

And the fact is was timed to occur during the G8...  just disgusting.

A meeting to attempt to help the world (the environment, poverty in Africa) and you schedule an attack during that???  Unbelievable.

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 10:11:51 AM »

I was shocked, I woke up and turned it to ESPN like every morning and the London attacks were on the bottom line, so I turned it to CNN and it makes me sick.  The death toll just increased to 40 and I'm not sure what damage to the actual subway system but I'm guessing that will death toll will triple
HornetsGM
Administrator
GM

WilDvs
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 10:19:10 AM »

Quote from: GoldenStateGM

A meeting to attempt to help the world (the environment, poverty in Africa) and you schedule an attack during that???  Unbelievable.

Absolutely.
PacersGM
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 10:25:37 AM »

there is never a right timing or a explaination for terror. i can´t accept it or tolerate it.
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:30 AM »

Sorry man, i strongly disagree on that. G8 is not here to help the environment, poverty in Africa etc, don't be naive. That same nations and multi national companies are the most responsible for poverty itself. Large riots, anarchist and other movements (who i welcome with all my heart) are protesting for the same reason (G8 hypocrisy).

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
GoldenStateGM
GMs
GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:44:23 AM »

Deleted my own post...

Do not wish to get into a political discussion, especially on a day when a tragedy like the London attacks have occurred.

The 2026 Golden State Warriors
The Youth Movement
C: Patrick O'Bryant - The Giant Irishman
PF : Shawn Kemp - Rebounding beast
SF : Michael Beasley - Rehab? Really?
SG : Batum or Rush - Who sucks less?
PG : Russel Westbrook - Combo guard or PG?
Pacific Division Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2025, 2029
Western Conference Leader : 2011, 2012, 2013, 2020, 2022, 2029
Your Golden State Warriors, the 2013 SSBA Champions
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:49:27 AM »

Quote from: KingsGM

Sorry man, i strongly disagree on that. G8 is not here to help the environment, poverty in Africa etc, don't be naive. That same nations and multi national companies are the most responsible for poverty itself. Large riots, anarchist and other movements (who i welcome with all my heart) are protesting for the same reason (G8 hypocrisy).

Well, I strongly disagree with your opinions on this.
Riots and Anarchists are not helping solve any problems...

But unlike G8, they're not causing the problems. They are only reaction to an unfairness, economy blackmails, injustices etc which is all caused by the very same G8.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 10:50:50 AM »

But unlike G8, they're not causing the problems

That's complete and utter horseshit.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 10:52:37 AM »

Do you have any other argument? Confused

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »

I don't think one's needed.

Go live in Isreal/Palestine and tell me that terrorism isn't a serious problem.  Ask one of the relatives of people killed in terrorism, at any point in the world, and ask if it's a problem.

Terrorism is never justifiable.  Ever.  It doesn't solve, help solve, or work towards solving anything.  It's an unjustifiable loss of life, and to say it's not a  problem is complete and utter horseshit.

But yes, we know, all of the worlds problems can be attributed to wealthy nations.  There's no personal responsibility in this world, it's much easier to blame someone else.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 11:11:23 AM »

I think you should read my post again, who's talking about terrorism?

All i'm sayin is that G8 doesn't give a shit about poverty in Africa, wars, enviromenet etc. They only care about profit. If you think diferent, that's your problem. Or illusion.

Second, you mentioned so i'll say this: Terrorism. Is it unjustifiable? All i can say is that decent and fair states should have no fear of terrorism. Only the states with the blood on the there hands (sorry that includes US also, England and Israel). The main question is NOT how to fight against terrorism (which is actually like a cancer, kill one cell it spreads to another), it's what's the cause of terrorism, the main root of the problem!

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 11:52:40 AM »

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TERRORIST ATTACKS!  You specifically said riots (not protests, riots).  By definition, Anarchy is the lack of a government.  To get to anarchy, you need to overthrow a government.  To overthrow a government, you need a war and terroristic tactics.

As for your "blood on your hands" argument.  Bullshit.  None of the people who died today had blood on their hands.  The way to make change is not through bloodshed of innocent civilians.  That will always cause more problems than it solves.  You don't fix things by breaking more.

And if you feel that none of the G8 nations are at all about poverty, then I'm sorry you live in the world in which you do.  The world is not that bleak.  These nations do have charitable causes, and do do good in the world.  That's not to say that they're perfect, no nation (democratic, republic, fanatical or anarchist) is.

So the way to prevent terrorism is to make everyone like you and agree with everything you do?  Good luck with that.  Nothing's ever that black and white.  You go help out the Saudi's and you get people like Bin Laden who are mad that you didn't help rebuild.  That's actually one of his main beefs with the US, one of the reasons he started his holy war.  Not because we went over there in the first place, not for reasons we went over there, but because he felt we didn't do enough to help in the reconstruction.

You'll always have factions that are pissed off at you.  Not holding terrorists responsible would facilitate this.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 12:54:39 PM »

Sorry, i'm just tired of all this selective humanity and solidarity. Everytime someone dies in New York, Tel Aviv or London it's a major tragedy and disaster while no one gives a shit over thousands of Palestine children who were killed by Isrealian bullets or Cecenian people getting killed by Russians on daly basis. And no one cares only because they're poor. That's all.

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 01:15:49 PM »

You know what, nevermind.  i'm sorry I ever got into this, and should have taken GoldenState's cue, especially with a self-proclaimed Anarchist supporter.

Yes, it's all about money.  And yes, you know enough about me to know who I care about and why I care about them.

Friggin blowhard.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: