SSBA
May 16, 2024, 06:51:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tanking?  (Read 1125 times)
PacersGM
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:35:57 AM »

can some describe to me at what point we think it is tanking.

for example the clippers are playing their young guys and refuse to play the oldies who could maybe help them in the week west into 8th or 9th place. Is this now called experimenting with the future or tanking?
I don´t know so maybe you can help me out here.
MagicGM
Administrator
GM

ratsky1@msn.com dftlim dmx_dftlim
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:42:10 AM »

Williams is much better than Magette.

GLORY DAYS!
PacersGM
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:42:53 AM »

so much better that magette can´t play SF? or has to sit at the end of the bench? what about sedran or perry are you sure they are the 3rd best players at their position or maybe even out of position placed?
NetsGM
Administrator
GM

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:29:48 AM »

Maggette is listed as a SF on his depth chart.

Frankly, I see no problem with Playing Freeman Williams and Levin Haskins, over Corey and his C+ defense.  I always preferto have my weaker defenders be sparks off the bench rather than starters who can be exploited.

And yes, Perry is probably the 3rd best PG on their team.  With a B+ outside and B handles, that's very ordinary.

Clippers lost their best players in free agency last year.  I see no problem with evaluating their young players (Sura, Williams and Haskins).  If they were tanking, they'd be playing Joshua Radcliffe.

Besides, there's a procedure for tanking nominations.  Making a thread about it isn't the procedure.

aka dabods/dbodner
dbodner@phillyarena.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: