SSBA
May 05, 2024, 02:52:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of a superstar...  (Read 3549 times)
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:15:14 PM »

This comes from the Sports Pages of the LA Times:

Clipper Glory

Eight days from now, Elton Brand will return to the Clippers line-up. And everyone in town is excited about it. Yes, these are the times when the Clippers rule in Los Angeles and when the red-and-blue army is running showtime in Staples Center. What yellow-and-purple???

Brand will return for the last 9 regular season games and then carry the team through the playoffs into the finals. "We have a young but very experienced squad. We have been to the playoffs before and we know what it is all about." the 28 year old star said. Later he added "We have been working for this for a long time and we will give it everything we got."

We had the chance to talk to coach just after this morning's shoot around. "Our core group has been togehter for a couple years now. Everyone knows, understands and accepts his role [in the team]."

These days, many teams are very active on the trade market. The Clippers not so. So we asked coach about this. "We were quiet [on the trade market] the past couple seasons. We wanted to give the young guys time to develop. Give them the chance to get their confidence up and grow as a team."

We also asked coach about Brand's late season return. "He is back to full health. The team doctor said that he was ready to play up to 20mpg about 2 weeks ago, but my coaching staff, management and I decided to give him extra rest and come back just before the playoffs to get that rust off."

Brand was not happy when he was told by management that he was in some trade rumors this season. But as a professional, he did understand the situation where management was in. "A lot is expected of the Clippers organization this season so they were looking for a substitute for me" Brand said. "This is part of being an SSBA player. It comes with the life I have and I accept that."

Management realized that they would be able to cruise into the playoffs without him and eventually decided to hold on to him.
Rumors have it they even started talks about a new contract for the superstar power forward. Brand will be a free agent this summer. Supposedly, Brand was already offered a max deal and he agreed to it.

But first they will try to get that first ring and the trophy in LA. And it seems that "Ain't no stoppin us now" will be heard many times in the upcoming months at Staples Center.

Hey Clippers' DJ... better start looking for that "We are the champions" cd...

- Tyler Durden for the Los Angeles Times -

Great example of a true dynasty!
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

htotheizzo_17@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:18:28 PM »

Funny hwo the article failed to menion that the max deal that was agreed upon came from the Raptors...

Full Rebuild Mode In Progress!
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

True... indeed kinda strange.

So I just called Mr. Durden to find out about it. He said that a very reliable source told him that the rumored max offer that was agreed upon came from the Clippers. And that there had already been interest from the Raptors, however Brand would not like the cold weather up in Toronto.

RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

Quote from: ClippersGM
True... indeed kinda strange.

So I just called Mr. Durden to find out about it. He said that a very reliable source told him that the rumored max offer that was agreed upon came from the Clippers. And that there had already been interest from the Raptors, however Brand would not like the cold weather up in Toronto.

We have furnaces, contrary to popular belief Wink

The Raptors are more intersted in the other Clippers FA big.

ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 01:29:11 PM »

Quote from: RaptorsGM

We have furnaces, contrary to popular belief Wink

The Raptors are more intersted in the other Clippers FA big.

Big men do not fit in small furnaces!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

BlazersGM
GMs
GM

50108573 maarinsito@hotmail.com MaarinX
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:34:01 PM »

Nice article

2019 SSBA CHAMPIONS
-----------------------------------------------
WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS: 2015, 2019, 2030, 2031
PACIFIC DIVISION TITLE: 2017, 2019, 2024, 2030, 2031
GM Stats
SSBA Regular Season : 907-868
SSBA Playoffs : 76-68
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 04:19:11 AM »

Quote from: BlazersGM
Nice article

Thanks!

CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 06:37:29 AM »

This comes from the Sports Pages of the LA Times:

Clipper Glory

Eight days from now, Elton Brand will return to the Clippers line-up. And everyone in town is excited about it. Yes, these are the times when the Clippers rule in Los Angeles and when the red-and-blue army is running showtime in Staples Center. What yellow-and-purple???

Brand will return for the last 9 regular season games and then carry the team through the playoffs into the finals. "We have a young but very experienced squad. We have been to the playoffs before and we know what it is all about." the 28 year old star said. Later he added "We have been working for this for a long time and we will give it everything we got."

We had the chance to talk to coach just after this morning's shoot around. "Our core group has been togehter for a couple years now. Everyone knows, understands and accepts his role [in the team]."

These days, many teams are very active on the trade market. The Clippers not so. So we asked coach about this. "We were quiet [on the trade market] the past couple seasons. We wanted to give the young guys time to develop. Give them the chance to get their confidence up and grow as a team."

We also asked coach about Brand's late season return. "He is back to full health. The team doctor said that he was ready to play up to 20mpg about 2 weeks ago, but my coaching staff, management and I decided to give him extra rest and come back just before the playoffs to get that rust off."

Brand was not happy when he was told by management that he was in some trade rumors this season. But as a professional, he did understand the situation where management was in. "A lot is expected of the Clippers organization this season so they were looking for a substitute for me" Brand said. "This is part of being an SSBA player. It comes with the life I have and I accept that."

Management realized that they would be able to cruise into the playoffs without him and eventually decided to hold on to him.
Rumors have it they even started talks about a new contract for the superstar power forward. Brand will be a free agent this summer. Supposedly, Brand was already offered a max deal and he agreed to it.

But first they will try to get that first ring and the trophy in LA. And it seems that "Ain't no stoppin us now" will be heard many times in the upcoming months at Staples Center.

Hey Clippers' DJ... better start looking for that "We are the champions" cd...

Latest newsbreak:

According to a source close to LA Clippers superstar Elton Brand which spoke under the condition of anonymity, the star forward is pretty much dissatisfied with team managements handling of his return from injury. "That pressure built up in recent weeks about titles and celebrations really pisses me off. Whoever believes that an injury like that has no influence on my playing skills, especially after returning way ahead of standard rehab time, should probably experience that feeling himself. I can't stand it anymore to be responsible for all the failure initiated by false management decisions or premature press releases. Don't get me wrong, I want to win a title above everything else and my career won't be a successful one without any, but it doesn't look like this is possible in this current setting i'm in."

Asked if he would force management to trade him to a contender, Brand responded: "I had the believe that the clippers are a contender, but that might have been premature. There are a lot of guys in the league where a change of scenery had all positive effects, but it's not in my nature to force things at all".

According to the source Brand indeed wouldn't object to submit a list of possible destinations where he could ressurect his career and quest for a title.

Clippers team management declined to comment stories from anonymous sources and the Agent of Elton Brand would not answer phone calls from the LA Times. So stay tuned for further news here ...

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »

nice Celts, but I think Mr. Durden left out of his article that Elton would love being the star of a team and the focus and Atlanta would be the perfect place for that.
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 04:07:33 PM »

Quote from: HawksGM
nice Celts, but I think Mr. Durden left out of his article that Elton would love being the star of a team and the focus and Atlanta would be the perfect place for that.

that same source, still in anonymity, explained it this way, in his own words: "... if they would do THAT to him, he'd surely retire right away and becomes minister in Maui - at least he said its an island, could be Mali or Mauri too ... or was it Madagascar ... no, definitely shorter, but ..."

don't order the plane tickets just yet
 Laughing

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 10:13:07 AM »

lol, that's great
ClippersGM-old
old-gm's
Coach

bramdm@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 10:48:51 AM »

I talked to Elton's manager today. And guess what... he actually has the Hawks and Celtics on his list of teams where he would want to play...

NOT!!

HawksGM
Administrator
GM

hawksgm24
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 10:52:40 AM »

lol, how bout that other frontcourt superstar?, I think he'd like it in the ATL
KingsGM-old
old-gm's
GM

Jebacu vam majku ak mi ne donesete naslov

ZLOVRO
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 11:15:03 AM »

It seems like everyone is forgetin former powerhouse that has the most money and probably the best whether of all the remaining teams.

So, Chandler and Brand, you're both welcome in our wonderfull state of California. And since it's very close to LA, moving part shouldn't be a problem either. Cheers

The Great ZLOVRO And The Local Whores:

Sleepy Floyd
Byron Scott
Andrew Toney
Orlando Woolridge
Tom Chambers
Thurl Bailey
Joe Carrol
Benoit Benjamin

"We don't defend, aren't great in scoring but boy can we turn over the ball"
RaptorsGM
GMs
GM

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2005, 11:16:28 AM »

I talked to Elton's manager today. And guess what... he actually has the Hawks and Celtics on his list of teams where he would want to play...

NOT!!

Right, because the Raptors are the only team on his list... Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: