SSBA
May 05, 2024, 12:14:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantic Division power rankings thru sim#5 (completed)  (Read 1882 times)
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« on: September 17, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »

Let's start right away with the 2nd edition of the 2009 Atlantic Division power rankings (after sim #5):

1 (last week: 1) Nets  27-7 (went 19-5 since last ranking)
Still the best team in the league, currently on 8-game win streak. Back at full strength now they look unstoppable.
Petitt, Boykins increased the scoring output recently and together with Emeka get close to 80ppg. All this while holding the other team to a mere 90ppg on 41% shooting. Beware!
outlook: stay #1
playoff chances: 100%
final take: Is really anyone interested in that #8 seed ahead of getting a nice seat in Secaucus coming WITH some actual hope?

2 (2): Magic  19-12 (10-6)
Bolstered their hold of the #2 spot by  winning 10 of 15, losing mainly to top teams. Ray even filled in as starting PG and did a fine jobe there. And now he's gone for Arenas. Expect the Magic to suffer some now as they are not exactly stacked with scorers. And one has to wonder who'll back up ancient Kidd now with Sharman gone (not to think he'll go down for an extended time ...)
outlook: stay #2 (for now)
playoff chances: 80% good (-10%; barring an injury to Kidd)
final take: Still a sure playoff team when healthy

3 (5) Sixers  19-16 (11-10)
Aside from TD Tanner Houbregs really stepped up his game, getting his scoring up to 20+ppg on better than 51%. Also, Ernest Austin fills in admirably for Ginobili and the rest is done with nice team play, where the Sixers are among the leaders in assists and steals.
And since all rebuilding plans seem off for the moment, there's no reason to keep them ranked down. They can't match the Nets superb depth to go to the finals, but any team with that Duncan guy has to be respected.
outlook: stay #3
playoff chances: 70%  (-20%)
final take: lack of depth might cost them a playoff berth

4 (4) Wizards  13-19 (8-7)
Sincs all of their wins in the last 3-3 sim came against the Bucks (where they apparently match up pretty good) it's not easy to see if the Wizards are really a winning team now (or closer to a 10-22 team hey might also be).
Behind Amare and AI rookies Davies and Maggette really got improved output recently. Other than that they are an average team currently and have to make a decision soon, which way to go later this season.
outlook: stay #4
playoff chances: 20%
final take: Can they get help without giving up Amare ?

Part 2 :

5 (6) Heat  13-22 (6-11)
So Gasol is gone now and the Heat continue the "restructuring". Jones took over PG and Q was able to move to SG, where he immediately got close to 28ppg. With new additions SF Vlad at 11ppg, PF Curry at 16ppg and Harping going up to 13ppg scoring (104ppg) is not a problem for the Heat and rebounding improved, too. Defense is where the Heat now give up 107ppg and nearing the league lead.
With Ward, Newell, Tsakalidis and Holman they got some young guys to develop. Two picks this year and some cap space will come in handy, too, so at least the future doesn't look as bad.
outlook: stay between #5 and #7
playoff chances: 2%, (-3%) pretty bleak
final take: at least, those 126-115 games are more fun to watch than games where both teams hardly crack the century mark TOGETHER ...

6 (3) Knickerbockers  11-21 (5-11)
The ROY race is all but over with Wells continuing his steady performance scoring around 26ppg (althoug the fg% recently dropped closer to 42%) but apart from PG Miles no one lese can put up 10ppg consistently.
Gone is Crawford and in come SF Hoiberg and PG Jaric which will help but won't solve the frontcourt issues at all. So more is sure to follow
outlook: further drop likely
playoff chances: 5% (-15%) VERY slim
final take: The Knicks' roster STILL won't look like this at seasons end

7 (7) Celtics  9-21 (7-9)
Worst team in the league - still, but it's getting closer. The team defense is among the best in the league and despite Lenard replacing Radmanovic don't expect this to change as Gasol/Booth are a major improvement over Curry/Kaman (also in the rebounding department). Their deals cost them some depth, but improved the starting lineup significantly.
They still lack some scoring punch as neither Lenard will continue his 26ppg nor Jafferson will be 2nd leading scorer off the bench.
outlook: won't stay here
playoff chances: 5% (+5%) but still far behind in wins
final take: can't afford another losing streak if playoffs are the goal

So much for now, expect the next update: after sim #8

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 10:47:19 PM »

Thanks for the love. Very Happy

Sixers has been doing pretty good this season. Tanner and TD is a pretty good 1-2 punch. Both causes mismatch down low and is shooting very well from the field. Ernest Austin and Arroyo did a great job holding down the perimeter, they got almost 5 steals per game just for them 2 alone.

ANyway, i still dont think that my team is good enough to compete with the Nets, Pacers and the Clipps. Thus, my rebuilding journey continues.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
HeatGM
GMs
GM

jerold183 jerold_99
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

beware of sixers when the sim comes.... Shocked  Laughing

MIAMI HEAT ALL TIME GREATS LINEUP:

C:Shaquille O'neal
PF: Tim Duncan
SF: Shawn Marion
SG: Bertram Shultz
PG: Harley Khoury

AIM: jerold183
YM:jerold_99
CelticsGM
Administrator
GM

atom2030 tomp22000
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:54:24 PM »

Quote from: SixersGM

ANyway, i still dont think that my team is good enough to compete with the Nets, Pacers and the Clipps. Thus, my rebuilding journey continues.

well, not anymore since you got me Ginobili, so going 4-3 easily beating the Jazz, Sonics and reborn Lakers is some accomplishment. But you're doing way better than I thought you would so the rebuilding will be a short one.

Papa Tom's Boyz, makin da Big Wins now
(and still fighting for that ultimate - a title)
===============================
J-E-R-R-Y M-U-N-S-O-N  (soon) Calv Natt
Rick Mahorn - Marques Embry - Evan Hunt
Mark Price - Ken Sharman - Kenny Barkley
Christian Clark - da FunderWy - Joe Kleine
SixersGM
GMs
GM

limpatj2 crazylyf@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 07:46:45 PM »

Manu isnt enough, thats why i ought to trade for dre and your 1st this year. Hopefully i can get a good backcourt player.

2033 SSBA CHAMPIONS!
Philly Basketball: Never Ever Underestimate the Heart of a Champion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: